Grand Theft Auto V

Users who are viewing this thread

Austupaio said:
Admittedly I haven't played V, but I've never really seen a whole lot of choice in any Grand Theft Auto game. It's probably the most linear open-world game I can think of. :razz:

I haven't even touched story. I like to just use it as a playground. Let's race bicycles up the hills or through the desert! Let's fight the army with jets. That kinda ****.

In San Andreas I used to take one of the girlfriends in the car, park it on a rail line and watch as it got ****ed up.  :party:

I get this graphics glitch in the rain that makes everything look blocky as ****, my brother gets it too. I assume it's some Radeon problem but still.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Learn the difference between "is" and "should be". Then try again.
Learn to stop buying games you clearly do not want, then *****ing endlessly that they aren't what you wanted. Then try again.

It's a bit of a pattern.

I just love how I can play GTA V on single player for as long as I wish on Directx 11 with maxed settings but magically on GTA Online if I try this I suffer video drivers stopped responding issues unless i play in dirextx10 with downclocking of my GPU.  Annoying.  I can even play GTA Online on a Invite Only Session and I will not suffer this problems at all.  Seems just when other players are present.  It's a seriously annoying issue.  Because performance wise GTA online runs so much nicer, with higher FPS on average, and dramatically less traffic and pedestrians and such so I'm literally baffled why this is happening.

I tried the online. Shot at a guy three times, no registration, then out of nowhere he's literally right behind me and I die. Sever lagged out at least 4 or 5 times in the short 15 minutes I played...

I don't recall if I've mentioned before, but I am extremely disappointed by the lack of animals in online. I want to be able to go deep-sea shark hunting with my friends or do some mass murder on deer. Probably my main gripe with MP, besides the matchmaking being the most convoluted and inefficient of any game ever made.

My problem is it feels like multiplayer is very guided. Open world, "make your own fun" is fine... Look at Garry's mod! I'd be fine with just an LS with way more people in it and just a lot of mayhem... maybe I just want Just Cause. :lol:

K-64 said:
Or just enter races with them and knock them off the road. The sheer rage that they can exhibit from it can make even the worst day that bit better
See, that's something I just don't get. I never understood why some people derive fun from ruining other people's efforts and making them angry. If it's someone who wronged me, sure, I get that. That's revenge. But trolling some random dude on the internet that I've never even met? I just don't see the point.

As for animals, yeah, that is disappointing. As is the reduced vehicle variety. A lot of vehicles that exist in story mode just aren't available in Online, and for no good reason as far as I can tell. Someone hacked in a blimp the other day, for instance. It seemed to work perfectly fine. I don't understand why it's not available.

I don't know, Rockstar is pretty good about DLC. GTA IV only had two full standalone expansions, and V already has a bunch of different updates (Heist update, I'm not a hipster update, etc.)they easily could've released as paid DLC if they were EA or something.

Jhessail said:
Duh, that would cut into their DLC profits.
What DLC profits? There's no paid DLC for GTA5, all the additional content they released is free. The only thing you can buy is currency, which you don't need to do because it's stupidly easy to get by grinding the last heist and there's almost nothing to buy with it anyway. I actually wouldn't mind dropping a couple of dollars to get that seaplane that's exclusive to players who own the game on both old and new systems, but sadly that's not an option.

On a completely unrelated note, remember when I said this?

Ringwraith #5 said:
There's this mission where you have to go onto a cargo ship and get a car from one of the containers on the very top, then drive it across the map while being chased by gangsters and potentially cops, right? And fair enough, there are multiple ways you can approach this. You can shoot your way through the guys on the ship and choose from several paths leading to the car, or you can climb a crane and parachute straight to the car, bypassing the bulk of the enemies. That's actually really good! That's one of the very few instances where the mission isn't a corridor shooter and where being high level and therefore having access to special equipment enables you to do the mission more efficiently.
Turns out that was a complete lie. I tested it thoroughly today and you cannot in fact use the parachute as I described it. You can't use it at all during the mission. Not only does the parachute that normally spawns on the crane not spawn in the mission, you can't even use your own. It just won't open. The developers deliberately disabled it to close off the most interesting, creative, and efficient path you could have taken to the objective. It's not that they didn't put in such a path, oh no. The path already exists as a feature of the terrain the mission is set in. All that was required of the developers was to not ****ing touch anything. But no, they decided to go out of their way to close off that path. If that doesn't show complete and utter incompetence at mission design, I don't know what does.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Turns out that was a complete lie. I tested it thoroughly today and you cannot in fact use the parachute as I described it. You can't use it at all during the mission. Not only does the parachute that normally spawns on the crane not spawn in the mission, you can't even use your own. It just won't open. The developers deliberately disabled it to close off the most interesting, creative, and efficient path you could have taken to the objective. It's not that they didn't put in such a path, oh no. The path already exists as a feature of the terrain the mission is set in. All that was required of the developers was to not ****ing touch anything. But no, they decided to go out of their way to close off that path. If that doesn't show complete and utter incompetence at mission design, I don't know what does.
Unless it was changed in a recent patch, you're full of ****. Every time I played that setup mission I jumped off the crane, and the parachutes spawned there. I haven't played recently, though, so it very well could have been in a patch, in which case you'd be entirely correct at how moronic it is.

Back
Top Bottom