Need More Info (Gradually Improving) Performance Issues even on 250v250- High End Hardware and Medium settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Responding to the OP- Similar issue for me, w/ similar specs. I would say its just an optimization issue and I'd be glad to wait for improvements like everyone else, but people with similar specs to mine, but different GPU, get much better performance. My CPU runs at 90% while GPU sits usually at only 30 or 40%. Should be the other way around ideally. Neither go above 65 C temps, so not like theyre throttling from overheating :/
I've heard "rumors" that it is a 10 series GPU issue, which would make sense given the many cases I've heard and experienced.

i7 7700k
gtx 1080
16gb ram

i have the same problem even in the main menu game uses 5.5gb of my ram and after playing with in order to be able to on low settings with alot of fps drops i have to close my game every 30 min or otherwise game keeps eating my ram and my screen freezes every few seconds game just demanding too much ram i have 16 gb and still its not enough. sry for my bad english

Sorry if I misunderstood you, if it is indeed the dedicated GPU that the game uses, can you take a screenshot of the Performance tab in the Task Manager while the game is on initial main menu? That would help with finding the reason of the issue. Thanks in advance.

it took me literally 9 minutes to come to the main menu an it was glitchy as hell

Sorry if I misunderstood you, if it is indeed the dedicated GPU that the game uses, can you take a screenshot of the Performance tab in the Task Manager while the game is on initial main menu? That would help with finding the reason of the issue. Thanks in advance.
Also if you asked for the task manager pic here it is

In my case, it is always a CPU issue. GPU are underused.

It seems quite obvious the problem is with units IA. It probably has nothing to do with 3D rendering. Hence the fact siege are a total mess since the IA is lost and is trying to understand what to do to no avail.

Dude, I have literally managed to crash the game while launching due to alt tabbing and closed it with task manager, only to be subjected to this:
Screenshot_1814.png

It doesn't really matter what are the programs running, if the game crashes, it will go up to 98-100%

Last edited:
Responding to the OP- Similar issue for me, w/ similar specs. I would say its just an optimization issue and I'd be glad to wait for improvements like everyone else, but people with similar specs to mine, but different GPU, get much better performance. My CPU runs at 90% while GPU sits usually at only 30 or 40%. Should be the other way around ideally. Neither go above 65 C temps, so not like theyre throttling from overheating :/
I've heard "rumors" that it is a 10 series GPU issue, which would make sense given the many cases I've heard and experienced.

i7 7700k
gtx 1080
16gb ram
Exactly, just what the hell is happening? I am now 100% certain it is the CPU being used very poorly. There are things in the game with the A.I. (same with multiplayer by the way, the more people the worse it runs, communcation between server and client or something else being at fault)

Considering the mods have changed the status to "Need more Info", feel free to ask me for anything. DxDiag or anything else. I am willing to cooperate until the game runs like a breeze.

I fixed the problem :smile:
my pc only used 1 out of 4 cores so I just had to make it as 4 cores

Can you please tell me how can I make the game use all the cores?

The folks who are experiencing performance issues, can you check whether any Malware Scanner application gets any CPU usage through the Task Manager while the game is running?

The folks who are experiencing performance issues, can you check whether any Malware Scanner application gets any CPU usage through the Task Manager while the game is running?
Bannerlord performs excellent when on custom battles(no stutters). but as a soon as i go into a campaign battle with exactly the same battle size, it lags and stutters like hell. Why's that?

My issue is it is using like 8-10 gigs of rams

It is never an issue that it uses a load of RAM. It is a goodt
Dude, I have literally managed to crash the game while launching due to alt tabbing and closed it with task manager, only to be subjected to this:
Screenshot_1814.png

It doesn't really matter what are the programs running, if the game crashes, it will go up to 98-100%

Start it before the game. Go on the performance tab, it'll give much more useful info.
(Alt-Tab should not make the game crash).
If the game is already crashed, sure, the info is irrelevant. Note that discord client eating up to 1/4 of your CPU time is not good! (but maybe it was just for a second, hence checking the performance tab, with graphics over time)

No malware scanner installed. (I dont believe in this crap, it should be well know that malware produceres are tied to antivirus companies)
It is the game itself that is eating all the CPU. ANd it was not doing so at all on release 1.0.0.

With 1.0.5, only 35 FPS on the main map in pause, waiting for combat. Litterally nothing do to at all, the game is pause.
35 FPS only and 100 CPU usage.
RAM, GPU and hard disk are clearly not sollicited.

When I started played, there was no CPU overload and in could handle a 50/60 FPS all around no problem, except in siege battles.

Same save wont load with 1.0.0/1.0.1. It crash on load. It has likely over 35 saves.

So I thought to check on a new game, to check whether the CPU load is the same crap.
Actually it is more or less the same. FPS is slightly better we are still at 100% CPU and the rest underloaded.
During battle, I get 50/60 FPS but with a only a handful of troops, it is no shocker.

One thing for sure: CPU is heavily loaded even when nothing is happening, and only the CPU.

Back
Top Bottom