Need More Info GPU uses 0% ingame

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.00.321460
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary: When playing Bannerlord my GPU idels at 0% workload while my CPU sits at around 70-80% occaisionally peaking to 90% and i really want to share the load to the GPU so that i can run mods and large battles effectivly while increasing fps. The GPU is used by other games on the same screen, so its only Bannnerlord that is affected. I have already tried some things regarding Nvidia control panel but it does nothing.
How to Reproduce: Launch game, the 0% usage is constant, it increases to 5-10% while using windowed borderless and click something on the other screen and drops if i tab back in.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): None
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeFroce GTX 1070
GPU Driver Version: 516.94
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600X
RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15
Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): WD Blue SN5500 2TB M.2 SSD

Hey, can you reproduce the issue on a new campaign after manually removing the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files? If the issue is persistent, please let me know.

Hey, can you reproduce the issue on a new campaign after manually removing the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files? If the issue is persistent, please let me know.
Yes, I've removed all mods and tried both verifying game files and re-installing the game but the problem remains. I've also tried with a different CPU thinking maybe it was bottlenecking but no, the GPU only goes to a max of 10% and that regardless if i use max or minimum settings.

the 1600x is a slow cpu, and gtx 1070 is strong if you play on 1080p without high settings or even lower res like 720p, meaning you're very likely limited in your performance/fps by the cpu and not gpu.

what are you using to monitor the gpu utilization, it should never be 0%, what fps do you get? If you get like 10 even or anything playable at all that info is wrong. Use something like MSI Afterburner to monitor the usage and fps in game live without alt-tabbing, that is way more reliable and accurate.

Alternatively the gpu is maybe running hot and/or you have a very low temp throttle set?

Yeah, i've upgraded to a 5800X3D since i posted but it did basically nothing. Im using both HW monitor and task manager on my second screen and temps are absolutley fine at 50-60 degrees. The game simply refuses to use more then 40% of my current CPU and 10% of my GPU and i top out at 40-50 fps regardless of my graphic settings. Other games has no problem using my PCs resources

Back
Top Bottom