Resolved GPU Memory Usage Overload

Users who are viewing this thread

Ironheart

Recruit
Hey folks! Had an issue I wanted to report - on launch day, I was able to run Bannerlord at overall medium settings (with motion blur and film grain removed), for an Estimated GPU Memory Usage of roughly 1800 / 2010 MB. My system was able to handle this smoothly and I ran into no performance issues on that day. After Bannerlord's launch, I did not play again until April 2nd - yet when I opened the game it was running very poorly. I checked my Performance Tab, and found that the Estimated GPU Memory Usage had risen to 2600 / 2010 MB, despite the fact that I had not touched any of my settings since launch day. I dropped my Battle Size from 500 troops to 300, and changed the graphics to Very Low, yet even then my Estimated GPU Memory Usage was still 2219 / 2010 MB, which is a drastic jump from what the estimated memory usage should be.

NOTE: This is not the Estimated GPU Memory Usage bug that causes the game to default to the integrated GPU instead of the dedicated GPU, an issue which has been documented several times on this forum already. I have checked (both in the Video Settings of the game as well as through my GeForce Experience Panel) and verified that Bannerlord is using my dedicated GPU (GeForce 940MX). I have also tried a full uninstall (including deleting Bannerlord's local files and disabling Steam Cloud saving) and reinstall, to no avail. If anyone else has had this issue, or has any insight on how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it! As great as this game is, it's practically unplayable when its GPU Usage is so high - even at the Very Low settings I described above, the game has extremely low frames (often between 5 and 15) and stutters frequently.

Specs:
- GPU (integrated): Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
- GPU (dedicated): NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2GB
- Intel(R) Core i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
- 15.89 GB RAM
- 2840x2160, 60Hz

Just fyi- it says it'll use about 3.5 gb of my memory with the settings I selected. I monitored it. It used 5. I have 8 so no big deal, but that estimator bar is off.

He means his GPU memory not RAM i think. Ironheart, remember your settings (screenshot them maybe) then close the game, go into your Documents/bannerlord/ and delete the Configs folder (dont worry the game will make another one).

Then go back to your performance settings and tell us what happens when you select the same sliders.

Alright - prior to deleting my config folder, my Estimated GPU Usage was 3148 / 2010 MB on overall medium settings. I deleted my config folder and then started back up the game, but unfortunately my Estimated GPU Usage was the same (3148 / 2010 MB) as it had been before.

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Hey! I'm going to mark this thread as resolved. If the problem persists, please let me know. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom