Resolved GPU Crashing "d3d_device_context->map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed!" randomly in both large and small battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
"d3d_device_context->map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture
Failed!
The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason
to determine the appropriate action.
^That along with other variations all pertaining to the graphics card crashing.

Sometimes I can do a full massive siege battle with absolutely no problems, then get this crash ten minutes later in a 10v23 me & new recruits vs bandits.
Other times it's the exact opposite.
I use a 7 2700x with my 1080, so there's no integrated graphics chip, meaning when I get this crash it more often than not crashes my entire computer and I have to reset it.
limiting framerate, underclocking, turning all of the graphics down to the minimum including battlesizes, and almost every combination of each does nothing to cure the issue.
Sometimes I can play for a couple hours, sometimes it happens to me in the very first battle of my play session.
It generates no crash-logs since it either fully crashes my computer, or lets me click "yes" on the collecting info prompt and THEN crashes my computer.

I know sharing my feelings isn't appropriate for a bug report, but this is making it to where I am almost scared to play the game for fear of actual damage being done to my computer because of this issue that I'm not the only one suffering from.

Hi! Could you please make sure that your drivers and OS are up to date. After making sure that everything is up to date please verify the game files and try to reproduce the problem. If the problem persists please let me know.

Hi! Could you please make sure that your drivers and OS are up to date. After making sure that everything is up to date please verify the game files and try to reproduce the problem. If the problem persists please let me know.
I'm sorry, I should've included that information in the original post - Windows is up to date, I downloaded the newest NVIDIA driver yesterday as part of my "every combination" trials, and verifying my files gives a "All files successfully validated," message. I have also completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but the issue still persists.
Edit: I 'clean' installed the NVIDIA drivers.

Sorry to hear that it's not working after all. Can you try to send another crash dump through the crash uploader to share the ID here? It should look like this 2021-01-13_18.56.38_859cbad0146a593c7b1c443cb0e0a691. The generated ID is automatically copied to your clipboard, so you can just paste here right after. You can reach your clipboard with Win+V. Also, I'll need your computer specs. Thanks in advance.

When I get this crash it doesn't generate a crash log - I stated that in my first post. I just now got to play the game again since my last post (that's what took me so long to reply, sorry) but I did just get the same crash, however, I think I finally realize what exactly I did to cause the crash.
I was in a battle, a larger one (4xx v 4xx) and it was going fine until the infantry met, then I hit F1 (I had already issued orders several times before, but hitting it this time is exactly when it crashed) and it CTD's, gives me this popup:

"d3d_device_context->map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture
Failed!
The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason
to determine the appropriate action."

Then asks if I would like to collect the information or whatever needed to send a report, I click yes, it asks if I would like to always ignore this issue, I clicked "cancel" rather than "yes" and it all went away. No crash file and nothing saved to my clipboard.

But if it still matters at this point,
7 2700x
3200mhz 32GB DDR4
GTX 1080

I've got the same Issue from last two updates. Only solution is to DELETE - compressed_shader_cache.sack in Shader/D3D11 folder. I've tested everything others things, nothing works. It must be something wrong with this shaders.

I've got the same Issue from last two updates. Only solution is to DELETE - compressed_shader_cache.sack in Shader/D3D11 folder. I've tested everything others things, nothing works. It must be something wrong with this shaders.
Same issue here, had no issues until most recent hotfixes

Could you both please share your computer specs with me using the template below?

Summary:
How to Reproduce:
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version:
Installed community-made modifications:
Computer Specs:
GPU:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Thanks in advance.

same issue i doubt theres a solution because people had that since the beginning and it looks like the devs are doing nothing to fix it

Could you both please share your computer specs with me using the template below?

Summary:
How to Reproduce:
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version:
Installed community-made modifications:
Computer Specs:
GPU:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Thanks in advance.
the only solution i found is deleting the shaders folder and not verifying the game again and the only downside of it is that everything loads a bit longer it always happens when you see an armor added by a mod or when its night for some reason it also sometimes happen in villages castles and towns but you probably know it already because this issue was posted in reddit and on the forums multiple times with no solution

2021-02-24_20.40.11_bff5dabadc103d166a6c732835125ac3

so that just happened after updating the drivers i cant even play the game anymore!
as i said before already did everything people said so i can pmuch just say theres no fix for it unless the devs decide to finally fix this after all these reports since the launch of the game @bFaceIII

2021-02-24_20.40.11_bff5dabadc103d166a6c732835125ac3

so that just happened after updating the drivers i cant even play the game anymore!
as i said before already did everything people said so i can pmuch just say theres no fix for it unless the devs decide to finally fix this after all these reports since the launch of the game @bFaceIII
Thanks for the ID. Could you also share your specs?

I passed all the information you shared. I will update this thread as soon as I get a response from the developers.

Unfortunately, we are unable to give an estimated time to fix it, but we are working on this issue. Sometimes we may encounter such problems because mod files are not downloaded properly. Did you try again after removing mods completely or only after disabling them? Could you please try to verify the files again until we find a permanent solution? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom