GPRO - In-Browser Grand Prix Manager Thingy

Users who are viewing this thread

Logo_gpro_blue_real_small.gif

www.gpro.net/‎

Basically, it's a browser based game where you manage a single F1 racecar. You're in control of the driver contract and training, hiring staff and upgrading facilities, sponsors, car maintenance and testing, car setup, tyre selection, pit strategy and general instructions for the driver and possibly more.
Races are every friday and tuesday, which you can follow "live", meaning it updates every two minutes to show the next lap.
The game is currently halfway through the season, but you can join while it's still going, plus in the rookie leagues everyone's bank account and other stuff resets so you can learn the ropes without too much worry.

You need to use your real name in the game, but on the upside the whole thing has been translated to Pirate. Rejoice!​

Since the old thread from 2009 found itself, and I quote:
Ljas said:
Sinking like a stone in a sea of threads..
I decided to make a new one now that my interest in it renewed.

Now's a good time to join also because of the Indianapolis oval race has been raced and it's not in the next season's schedule. ****ing thing gave me 58% wear on a fresh 0% engine. I wouldn't be surprised if it just blows up in Mexico.

Rookie 308 here. Started playing before this season's Monaco and haven't gotten any points yet, although i've gotten to the top 10 the last 2 times.

I'll give this a go.

Well damn, I presumed there would be no in-race refuelling now I'm carrying far too much fuel in Q2. Is also probably goes part way to explain why I'm 4 seconds off the pace.

I was 14th of 22 with a full tank of fuel in last gp's Q2. Could be that your driver is happy with the wrong setup because he's a moron or something.

I should probably have upgraded it just a little bit as well, I suppose I should call my car the Lola T97/30.

Oooh boy... Seems like this'll go just like all the previous races. Just 5 other people have done the qualifiers, but from the looks of it i'm starting from the back row YET AGAIN.

EDIT: Actually might make it to the under 20s club in this one *fingers crossed*

Oh, that's weird I was 2 seconds a lap faster than everyone when it was raining, but was 5 seconds slower in the dry, I presume that's a setup choice, even though I didn't make a very wet setup. I ended up in 17th 3 laps down though.

Back
Top Bottom