Gothic 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Weren said:
I dunno. It just seemed silly.  :eek:

When I finished all the quests in the 3rd town, And was finally let to talk the chief. He just grumbled something like "Rawr!" and everyone attacked me.
I was killed like 100 times, before I got quickly out of the chiefmasters hut and then jumped over the basket in one corner where the orcs couldnt get and shot them all from there.  :neutral:

You were clearly doing it all wrong. What you should do is do pretty much all quests in every town in Myrtana, in every rebel camp, and in every city in the desert, and THEN you start liberating the **** out of the cities because you've gained enough XP to make you pretty much unstoppable. Or, as Gothic Knight said, delay any liberation attempts until you've chosen a god; the liberations are meant to be done in their name in the first place.

Tried it yesterday again after a long break. After I destroyed about a platoon of orcs and later had my ass repeatedly handed to me by a single boar, I remembered why I hated the game in the first place.

That means you didn't even install the first official patch, let alone community patch 1.7.

Lhorkan said:
You were clearly doing it all wrong. What you should do is do pretty much all quests in every town in Myrtana, in every rebel camp, and in every city in the desert, and THEN you start liberating the **** out of the cities because you've gained enough XP to make you pretty much unstoppable. Or, as Gothic Knight said, delay any liberation attempts until you've chosen a god; the liberations are meant to be done in their name in the first place.
Yeah, I understand it now. But how was I supposed to know that in the first place. I just thought: "Hey rebels, lets help 'em!". I didnt know the whole world would attack me on sight after that.

So...how much those patches changes the game? I stopped playing Gothic 3 after milions of bugs (when even 70 orcs werent able to kill me and 1 boar could....also I hated being unkillable after using some spell...).

Well the problem with the boar is that you can't "block" or "parry" its attacks while you can do an orks. I have no problem taking out boars, if I get the first hit in. I have trouble taking out orks more.

You dont need to parry the orks. You just mash the left mouse button till they die, unless they have bows in which case you're ****ed.

Overlord- said:
So...how much those patches changes the game? I stopped playing Gothic 3 after milions of bugs (when even 70 orcs werent able to kill me and 1 boar could....also I hated being unkillable after using some spell...).

Community Patch 1.73 Changelog: http://snorre.jowood.de/~community/Gothic3/CP_Changelog_en.txt

Download: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=683897

Rabid Potatoe said:
You dont need to parry the orks. You just mash the left mouse button till they die, unless they have bows in which case you're ****ed.

Ermm, that doesn't work on anything after the 1.73. The orcs would simply just block you then make your ragdoll fly across the screen.

Back
Top Bottom