Gothic 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Weren said:
I dont like Fable.

Cdvader@: sucks for you, For me it normally takes 1min. max. with all max graphic settings.
:shock:
What kind of monster machine do you have?
I do not think what you are saying is physically possible.
I have a quad core 3.00 ghz processor and loading is always 1-2, sometimes 3, minutes.
And with all graphics on low I get maybe 20 FPS. (on max about 15 FPS)
I also have a 4870.

Gothic 3 was meant to be run by next years i7 processor.

Weren said:
I have quad core processor too and 4890, i dunno why, but everythinh runs as smooth as babys butt.

EDIT: I could try to upload a video on xfire tomorrow, so you can see for yourself.

EDIT: What the heck, it doesnt take that much time, Here it is: http://www.xfire.com/video/11d933/
Wow.
Now that I think about it , I think that was when I still had my 2.2 ghz processor.
But still, that was fast and ran well. I would have considered installing it again but the next Gothic is coming out soon.

Saw the Collector's Edition of Gothic 3 at the local (and in this case mediocre how is it still in buisness?) Zellers for $14.99. I think I'll go buy it tomorrow but wanted to check about the community patches, so do they more or less fix the game up really well?

I bought it in a RPG game pack which came with a Dungeon Lords, for $5. I atleast heard of the community patch and I think it was a good $5 spent. (Dungeon Lords is ok...more fun in coop)

Community patch 17 or was it 1.7, pretty much fixes most of the bugs and adds few extra things. I had to quit, Gothic 3, because  of this one and very rare bug, which makes all orc villages immediatly hostile at you, and makes the game impossible to play. Havent had the nerve to start a new chracter, but it was nice game as long as it lasted.  :smile:

Yes. Every Gothic player on the Jowood forums know this.

"Originally Posted by ShadowGrrl 
What do you mean? In every city the rebels always tell you to gain enough reputation with the orcs to see the orc leader so you can kill him first, which means doing every quest there. x.x

For example,it's not easy to liberate Cape Dunn after you've reached 100 reputation there on 15th level.Imho,liberations should be done after choosing god.Not to mention that orcs will turn hostile after 3 liberated towns"

Tried it yesterday again after a long break. After I destroyed about a platoon of orcs and later had my ass repeatedly handed to me by a single boar, I remembered why I hated the game in the first place.

Gothic Knight said:
Yes. Every Gothic player on the Jowood forums know this.

"Originally Posted by ShadowGrrl 
What do you mean? In every city the rebels always tell you to gain enough reputation with the orcs to see the orc leader so you can kill him first, which means doing every quest there. x.x

For example,it's not easy to liberate Cape Dunn after you've reached 100 reputation there on 15th level.Imho,liberations should be done after choosing god.Not to mention that orcs will turn hostile after 3 liberated towns"
Wow, I was told it was a bug and tried to look for all kind of a help for it. I found players with the same problem, but there was only one solution; to tweak the relations with orcs. Which I didnt find nice, because it either turned them hostile or pure friendly.

And how am I suppose to play it when all the towns are hostile? I can get quests from nowhere. And I only ventured trough the grasslands, I was never even to the desert or in the north.  :neutral:

Just do the quests before starting the rebellion.

PS: As long as you (and certain quest giving NPCs) are alive you can "solve" the game, no matter if all are hostile or not.

Weren said:
Wow, I was told it was a bug and tried to look for all kind of a help for it.

...What? The orc leader of the next town you visit after liberating two towns CLEARLY states that "if this liberation thing goes on, we can't trust anyone anymore", obviously meaning you get attacked on sight. Like, how could you miss that and pretend it's a bug? D:

I dunno. It just seemed silly.  :eek:

When I finished all the quests in the 3rd town, And was finally let to talk the chief. He just grumbled something like "Rawr!" and everyone attacked me.
I was killed like 100 times, before I got quickly out of the chiefmasters hut and then jumped over the basket in one corner where the orcs couldnt get and shot them all from there.  :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom