Gotha's Battle Server? An Exciting Sign of Progress!

Users who are viewing this thread

Despite the crashes and bugginess, the time I spent on Gotha's Battle server today was the most fun I've had with the game in a long time. Battle is what Mount and Blade was made for, and is the final piece my clan NATO is waiting for before we really start to take off with our plans.

Taleworlds, I beg you, please expedite the development of this mode. An NA Battle server would easily bring me back to this being my primary game.. and I know this is the case for many of my friends.

Just to reiterate; thanks and...

Can-I-Have-Some-More-Meme.png

I Stand with my comrade Nomad. I agree with him 100%, I enjoyed playing on Gotha's Battle server even if the server was laggy because im NA but the potential is great to bring that nostalgia from the OG Warband game.

So i as well am begging y'all to expedite the progress on the battle servers, but im speaking not knowing how busy y'all actually are already. My Comrades in NATO have been waiting for this day and i guarantee many more thank you.

I had so much fun with y'all!! Teutonic Order power!!

The best part of this was the team work. Besides the obvious bugs and server instability, I'm looking forward to what could be done with the animation system and callouts. What if people could assign a keybind to a callout, such as a "we're defending here" animation?

Thanks for the effort put into multiplayer at the moment.

Now that we're all thirsty for content... could capture the flag server be added to a to-do list?

Hey!

The servers you can see going up are part of us testing server files with a couple of community members. They chose to host Battle mode (which they are allowed to), but it's still very much work in progress.

There will be a couple of updates to Battle Mode with 1.7.2. With adjustments to all the 3 maps it comes with, flag timings, gold gain system and also special troop costs just for Battle Mode.

So please keep that in mind. And have fun testing :smile:

Seems like 1.7.2. is going to be something to look forward to.

Some people may notice that Gotha's server will be missing from the server list, but do not despair:
The testing yesterday went smoothly enough that Gotha is comfortable to let it run as DR_Battlegrounds.
We're also considering a few more servers, but of course things are experimental and we're just happy to finally get closer to proper custom servers. I can't really comment on the technical side of things and let's just say there's a reason it was named after the one and only adimi. On a side note, playing Skirmish Maps with that many people is really, really fun, the map size works quite well atleast on a 40v40 scale.

Seems like 1.7.2. is going to be something to look forward to.

Some people may notice that Gotha's server will be missing from the server list, but do not despair:
The testing yesterday went smoothly enough that Gotha is comfortable to let it run as DR_Battlegrounds.
We're also considering a few more servers, but of course things are experimental and we're just happy to finally get closer to proper custom servers. I can't really comment on the technical side of things and let's just say there's a reason it was named after the one and only adimi. On a side note, playing Skirmish Maps with that many people is really, really fun, the map size works quite well atleast on a 40v40 scale.
Please consider putting a test server in East Asia as many of our players want to play the low latency battlefield mode

Please consider putting a test server in East Asia as many of our players want to play the low latency battlefield mode
We're running the server from a root that is privately funded. With DR being a European based German language clan, hosting anywhere other than EU is not feasible for us. Let's hope testing goes smoothly and the full files will be available soon so that there will be servers where they are needed.

We're running the server from a root that is privately funded. With DR being a European based German language clan, hosting anywhere other than EU is not feasible for us. Let's hope testing goes smoothly and the full files will be available soon so that there will be servers where they are needed.
hope so, I understand:smile:

Back
Top Bottom