Got boring after 47 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it normal that playing bannerlord is boring for me?I already did 3 plays and I always did the same thing.Idk,maybe you guys can give me some suggestions how to play for example: bandits or playing as a merchant i dont know.
I've had fun transitioning from the starting army into a crew of mounted bandits, for very high overmap move speed while I trade and outrun anything that can kill me.

because they are inexperienced, I'm gonna post this again and again until this 8 year stuff ends. I translated some words of Armagan Yavuz from an interview.
I know all about the interviews buddy, don't worry. Ali Erkin answers the question "Will we see Bannerlord in Gamescom again?" with "Yes, we will. Maybe this time we might be announcing a release date". Was the interviewer pushing for a date? Nope, the opposite. He briefly said before this exchange; "I don't want to ask you the same question as you might be bored of it, so I won't". Fast forward 4 years, we get "a visually okay but empty in everything else" game as EA. Now, there are some who treat the word "EA" like it's some magical word should make you forget about the development process or how everyone was teased for years. Bannerlord was announced 8 years ago. Period. Whatever caused it doesn't matter when I state the truth about the game's current state. I think it's most likely poor management than anything else really. Noone can be sure about that. Original M&B was a product of 2 people. You're telling me they simply learn on the go with 100 employees? Took them 8 years to figure out how to do less than what's done in Warband? Ali Erkin resigned and we got an announcement of EA in the same month? I'm not sure if "inexperience" alone explains all of this.

Have you tried looking for bugs and crashes.

It's super fun, like destroy your own castle during a siege :grin:(No sarcasm intended, I love looking for bugs and crashes and games like this is super fun, not too much content to go through and a lot of bugs to find)

Note: Just don't do bug hunt when you are using mods

At 63 hours, I can tell you this isn't normal. ... Not for me, anyway.

I'll give you some advice I gave someone else a while back, maybe it'll help.

Anyway, what I do is... I go hard on the roleplaying. What you might want to do is something like this:

1. Vlandia
2. Battania
3. Empire
4. Empire
5. Aserai
6. Sturgia
7. Khuzait

Head to Random.org and generate a number from 1-7. Make that your culture.

As you go through creation, either randomly choose (as above) or hand-pick each step, but at each step, think about how this affects your role on the battlefield.

When creation is done, choose a number from 1-11:

1. Vlandia
2. Battania
3. Northern Empire
4. Southern Empire
5. Western Empire
6. Aserai
7. Sturgia
8. Khuzait
9. Own Kingdom
10. Mercenary
11. Bandit

Make this the faction you join. If Mercenary or Bandit, keep yourself independent with no kingdom; just hire out/steal crap for a living.

At that point, decide how your background and your faction come together to dictate your role, then go hardcore into that for the run. Even if that means going through the whole game in Battanian light armor so you can keep mobile as you chuck javelins at your enemies from the trees.

And then he replied...

I think Ill add in something such as this to the randomization depending on culture and such as well for background customization!
1. Sword and Board
2. 2 Handed
3. Skirmisher
4. Spear Infantry
5. Archer/Crossbow
6. Cavalry

The issue is the leveling/skill system is just terrible so every character just ends up being equally bad at everything.
I don't feel any real replay value.

It doesn't give any feeling of progression. With lvl10 or lvl180 in any skill you are the same and all the weapons have no tier, are the same and also no versatility.

I am the exact same. Game mechanics are really boring me at the moment due to the lack of or the imcomplete nature of it all. Been watching my Cities Prosperity/Food meters go up and down for the last hour with no real reasoning and its just like WTF. I am going to give it a few weeks and come back see whats been patched and whats gotten much better.

I'm not bored yet but I can see myself getting there. I'm about 55 hours in, joined Vlandia and we steamrolled everyone but the Khuzaits who were also steamrolling other factions. With only a few factions left and the Khuzaits starting to lose map coverage I know I'll finish before I get to see my character die and an heir take over so I'll probably take a break now. I might finish the campaign since the battles are still fun but I've lost some motivation because I want the full clan building experience and it's just not implemented well enough yet. I also made a mistake going full Khan on everyone early on. Still, I got my money's worth and I'm coming back for more either way.

It's also been about five years since my last Warband campaign so that probably helps.

Well iam sure they played lots of Mods

Actually I never cared much for mods. Warband (like the original Mount & Blade) just gave me FAR more reason to keep making characters. In both of those you actually FELT the effect of leveling and where you spent your points. I can't tell a difference in one Bannerlord character and the next. The skills change little, the attributes change nothing, and levels are nothing more than "you can get more meaningless skills slightly faster... but they take more xp to level now.. so it's exactly the same."

The bannerlord gameplay loop just doesn't have much going for it. Looters->Trading->Workshops/Caravans->Auto Resolve looters->Game ends.

I agree it gets boring I'm 30 hours in. New player. Tried all sorts of quests, enjoyed building up my army. Became a mercenary and a vassal for all different factions. Been to war all around the map.

Then I finished the main unfinished quest to start my own kingdom but that to is unfinished as the AI doesn't know how to behave so goes to war, then peace, then war within a weekly basis plus there is no depth to the kingdom mode as it's still a shell. In it's current form Bannerlord isn't really a sandbox game, it's still in Beta and we are it's testers as nothing feels finished. Even the core mechanics need alot of work such as combat which just ends up being a blob. Looking forward to the future but for now might continue on In my campaign in Total war Warhammer 2.

Actually I never cared much for mods. Warband (like the original Mount & Blade) just gave me FAR more reason to keep making characters. In both of those you actually FELT the effect of leveling and where you spent your points. I can't tell a difference in one Bannerlord character and the next. The skills change little, the attributes change nothing, and levels are nothing more than "you can get more meaningless skills slightly faster... but they take more xp to level now.. so it's exactly the same."

The bannerlord gameplay loop just doesn't have much going for it. Looters->Trading->Workshops/Caravans->Auto Resolve looters->Game ends.

you never got stuck on Ann 1292 or PoP?

About the loop, yes. buts its EA: So iam not worried at all. im currently doing a Smith Play

I think it's fairly understandable that you're growing bored with an early access after having spent 47 hours on it. The game is still bare-bones, and up until yesterday, the only way of playing the game during the early levels was to chase down hordes of looters, which obviously can become a little bit repetitive. I managed to squeeze myself through another campaign when they finally made it so that tournaments give experience, and the fact that I now have an alternative leveling path makes it a lot more enjoyable. Hopefully the 1.1. patch will introduce quests from Lords, which I've yet to come across even once so far, and perhaps more village/town quests as well. The snowballing seem to have been reduced quite a lot over the last two or three patches for me at least, making me care less about the slow grind of leveling up. So yeah, I wouldn't be too worried that you're bored with the game. Take a few days off, and return once 1.1 is out (maybe with some additional mods).

Back
Top Bottom