Need More Info Got a weird crash issue that hasn't been fixed via normal methods. Bannerlord.exe completely broken, cannot play at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: Game won't launch at all, .exe closes itself before game can launch, further explained below
How to Reproduce
: trying to run the game at all
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): Posted below os potential error
Version: e1.08
Computer Specs
:
GPU: GTX 960
CPU: Ryzen 3200G @ 3.6 Ghz
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz
Motherboard: Asus Prime B450M
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 2 TB HDD Toshiba, 256 GB SSD. Crucial MX300

Got a weird issue that I'm not having any luck with, after the update today, I've been unable to run the game at all, After I click play in the launcher, steam goes back to me being blue, and the game never launches, looking in the task manager, I can see the bannerlord.exe launching, then immediately suspending itself and shutting off in 2 seconds, no crash message, no black screen, nothing.
I've gotten all the redistributables uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted pc, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, moved it to my SSD from the HDD, Nothing. No crash logs, absolutely nothing. Running the game through the Bannerlord.exe produces the same error, it opens, suspends, then closes, with no error message or screen popping up whatsoever, the only hint of its existence being the task manager.
unknown.png

Running the Bannerlord_Native.Exe produces this error message, not giving me any help to speak of.

Anyone else having similar issues? downgrading to older versions through the beta doesn't work either, I can't play at all anymore :c

Last edited:
backup your = \Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

then rename = \Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord to \Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord123

try launch again.

Unfortunately, this is a pervasive and persistent issue, known to the devs (see stickied topics). It is occurring across different OSes (both Win 10 and Win 7, as those are the predominant ones installed across the user base naturally). It was working fine for me.. until a couple of days ago. Same sort of issue as you, except I am at least able to see the start up splash screen -- upon selecting single player and trying to run the executable, I experience the same crash with no notification or error. When I try to run MP, I get a different error than you but nevertheless the game will still not play.

They say they are working hard on it, and we have no recourse but to take them at their word. You could try the steps in the stickied threads to see if that helps -- some pretty mixed responses about the efficacy however. None of them worked for me. I repaired, reinstalled, uninstalled and then reinstalled all the .NET dependencies, verified the local game files in Steam, tried running without mods, removed all mods and tried, uninstalled the game and reinstalled, then re-verified files... none of it worked. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at least give the steps in the stickied posts a try I guess. There have been some rather weird unofficial 'resolutions' posted by others, which may also help but... personally I'm waiting on some form of official communication about progress on this one.

Just given the sheer amount of crashing threads there are, nevermind the ones specifically about crashing at launch... I am not holding my breath on them fixing it any time soon. There's been no post by any dev regarding progress or further diagnosis on what it could possibly be related to, even though as aforementioned they insist they are working hard to correct it... there are quite a few people waiting on them. Sorry I don't have any good news for you.

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom