Gore and Dismemberment - removeable limbs

Users who are viewing this thread

charizma

Recruit
I was "engaged in battle" yesterday with somie swadians and just before the end of the half hour long battle i charged past some swadian and cracked him in the face with my arming sword and though hehe, i took his head off. And it got me thinkingh a bout addign removeable limbs to the game.

You sick bastard! :razz:

Yeah, it would be funneh. But wouldn't that take ragdoll physics?

M&B's current engine can't be used for that, as far as I know.

Well we have the broken-shield-roll-physics. I am sure the engine is capable of rolling some heads down the hill.

Having decapitation shouldn't be too hard. You could always do what quake 2 did; have all the vertices in the head just snap to some place below the nack, so the character has his head disappear, then spawn a grisly decapitated head where the old head was and just let it fall down.

edit: wow 800 posts. I don't know how i do it.

Removable limbs! What a brilliant idea!

Basically, you would have 4 slots (2 for arms and 2 for legs) and you could remove your original limbs and replace them with prosthetics of your choice! A kind of medieval cyber-implants!

For example, consider this setup:
Left arm: Rusty hook
Right arm: Auto-rotating morning star
Left leg: Huge, double-bladed axe
Right leg: Wooden peg-leg (blunt weapon for taking prisoners)

And you would have 4 attack buttons (one for each limb) in a Tekken style, chaining wild combos! In action, you would resemble a rotating shelf in a hardware store!

Hey, it's even better than fighting with two swords, even more realistic! You could attack from 4 direction simultaneously, totally unblockable!

Uh... Yeah.

Anyway, hasn't gore and decapitation etc been suggested before?

PS, if this is put in, I'm glad I bought this version! My dad would've never let me have it otherwise! :lol:

From what I know, more gore is coming (which is great!) in upcoming updates. Dunno about dismembering, but I'd love to get to mutilate my enemies more.

you know, that would be really, REALLY funny! however, this would have to have way less chance of happening to US. :lol: :smile:

Uhm, I totally agree on this one. Die by the Sword is still fun because of the severable limbs (&battlecries) and it had very limited & primitive ragdoll physics. It was terribly fun to run after an orc usind his hand cluffed in an axe as a weapon or trying to escape with only one leg left from an ogre in die by the sword. The best thing was the fan-made 'abattle' arena in which the was a ten on ten bettle of warriors armed with axes, swords & maces and after two minutes the battlefield was covered with limbs & dead bodies(if you own both DbtS & the addon, give it a try, it's on http://www.dbts.de/ ). The battlefield should be covered with limbs & blood in for realism's sake. It die by the sword each (removable) limb was a 3D object for itself just connected to another. As to realism, (worbah's post in http://taleworlds.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3060 on the same topic) in medieval people often walked around without limbs as it was a popular way medicine & thief punishment.
It think it would be great fun and would only add to the game, but if someone doesn't like it should be allowed to switch it off like both in Baldur's Gate & fallout.

I don't know how much force it needs IRL to remove a limb with a sword. It might be unrealistic most of the time, but still I would not mind seeing dismemberment, for it is fun. It should be limited to big weapons tho.

Yes. With "the wet end".

Failing that, you could take em home to Zendar, then torture them to "find out how you get Marnid and Borcha"

ilex: how much force do you need to remove a limb in real life?

Specific situation: You've got a scimitar, you're on a horse.
Think about it...You've got a moderately sharp blade, it'll cut through skin just fine. A heavy swing, using just your arm could quit possibly take someone's arm or head off. Imagine how easy it would be to take out a limb, or a head, or even remove a torso when you have like a thousand pounds of momentum behind the swing (you're riding a horse full tilt, you get the power of your swing added to the weight of the horse)

I expect gore come as optional so I can turn it off :razz:

Hey Charizma, could you add a poll like this?
Do you want gore/dismemberment/decaptation?
I want bloody gore!
I want some gore.
I don't care.
I will turn gore off.
It would be nice if gore come off as default.

You could do that yourself. But if you read the thread you'd already know that the answers will be 50% I want some gore, 15% I want bloody gore, 35% I don't care/I will turn gore off.

Back
Top Bottom