Goodbye Mexxico, Thanks For Everything! (Mexxico Leaves TW. Tribute Post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you for all your work and communication Mexxico! I'm sorry to see you go. I look forward to what other types of games or creative things you work on in the future and I wish you the best!

I think mexxico also showed, what communication with the community can do. Its easy to forget how much work and efford the developers put in Bannerlord, when only waiting for the big changes and seeing nothing but small bug fixes. That leads to frustration and over time the community gets more toxic and less sensitive. Its easy to think/talk bad about people you never see or hear of and to channel your frustration onto them. I dont think any of the other devs puts much less efford into the game than mexxico did, but he interacted with us. Allthough it is technically not a requirement, interaction between players and developers is absolutely necessary for a healthy and happy community. Everywhere mexxicos comments appeared, you can see how quickly people gain back trust and respect for the work a developer does. I think if the other devs take an example on him, we can make the forum a better place and ultimately make Bannerlord even better.

Thank you for post @Rubinsaw

Actually even I am freeing myself after 13 years of working I am really sad because of losing ability of helping that many players here. We become like friends with many of you. We even made tables examinations with players here like we are all working at same studio. That make my dreams partly come true. I wanted to create games which is played by lots of players since I was 10 years old, first made board games from cartoons and played it at neighbourhood, even I was taking about something equal to today’s quarter Euro from each child playing that board game to cover cartoon expenses. Then learnt coding and things become easier.

Game development is a different job which you can interact with your end users easily. More interaction yields better gameplay. You also need to be one user of your product. These are the only real formulas to create something succesfull. You do not have to do everything players want but you have to discuss with them. Sometimes I could not go into deep discussions because of language barrier. Still even after these years my English is not good enought to discuss some complex game mechanics. We did as much we can do.

Even you change something small sometimes you can get really good feedbacks. Its one of the most satisfying jobs a person can do. Also actually I believe you overrated me here. Even I did not do that much you always appreciated. I am really glad for this I did not deserve that much love. I could not solve some of your problems. Sorry for remaining problems. I hope team will solve them.

I am sad I could not see end of EA and join a release celebration with team. Because of covid I could only see collegues several times face to face (not in screen). I see 2 securities of office everyday only. Life is not that long. I already spend 13 years. I want to give some break, visit and travel different places free my mind spend time for hobbies learn new things for about half or one year and then create new projects which I have more control over. I do not want to pass time looking to a computer screen for a time. Life is valueable. If I do new projects in future of course these will be indie projects do not expect something big but I can guarentee good gameplay.

I do not want to lose contact with you. Thats not related to only projects. We can share thoughts about politics or other topics where to find good camping area or a good hiking way or any other issue. I want to get in contact with you like one of your friend. You can add me at Instagram (username : cocojobo) and you can ask anything anytime you can see places where I am living, camping, hiking etc. If you visit Turkey I will be at Sigacik / Seferihisar mostly at summers and september you can even come visit we can eat tasty Aegen sea fish together and drink raki (search this). However if you want to get only information about future projects you can send mail to [email protected] just write “I want to get informed” so I can send you information when one day (maybe 1 year later) something new is developed.

Thanks for all your help, feedbacks. You created Taleworlds. From first day Armagan posted about his idea and demo you backed Mount & Blade project and him. Thanks for all. I really appreciate. You also created different modes and different gameplays without any expectation these modes incresed replayibility of M&B games. Also thanks to all streamers for example @Flesson19 look his huge efforts : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC21LLTJWJR0NvSfhJjbsd2A/videos

I will be here and post here some photos from these 13 years in next days.
Best of luck to you mate.

I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry...

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom