Native Completed Good Righteous Enthusiastic Attack Tournament [GREAT]: BLACKTIDE WINS

Users who are viewing this thread

GREAT LANCES

BLACKTIDE 7 - 6 GOLRADIR

BlackTide hit off to an early lead, taking Golradir to 2-0 before he finally got his footing. The duels were very back and forth, each opponent becoming more an more cautious and wary of lucky chambers. It went neck and neck with the scores progressing from 5-4 to 5-5 to 6-5 to 6-6 and finally a deciding duel cementing a 7-6 win on the Great Lance stage for BlackTide. A variety of tactics were deployed by both fighters, BlackTide opting jumps and spin tactics, occasionally managing to land some kicks in when the fight went to close quarters; Golradir preferring to remain confident in his chambers and holds, sometimes launching surprise jump assaults. Trying to avoid footwork that would lead to glances occuring was a constant worry for the pair.

GREAT HAMMERS

BLACKTIDE 7 - 6 GOLRADIR

Once again, BlackTide took the early lead with the score hitting 2-0 before Golradir got a hang of the weapon. Some poor footwork and panicking in the to-and-fro of the fight, meant that Golradir was able to take the lead in the Hammer duel with the score standing at 3-4. However, Golradir's decision to go for speed over the assurance of a block-crush meant that BlackTide managed to escape many a conflict with several of Golradir's overhead attacks failing to crush through the block. Some of these escapes may have been bull****. Surprisingly, jumping proved to be less effective in the Hammer duels, instead attempts mainly focused on trying to out-range your opponent and keep a firm hand when attempting overhead attacks. Golradir's extensive use of the S-key meant that he had clearly done his homework on his prestigious opponent.

BLACKTIDE 14 - 12 GOLRADIR

So yes, I have won my tournament and I'm immensely happy about it.

Many thanks to everyone for signing up to the tournament, especially those who tried their best to get the duels done on time. Thank you to M who kindly allowed the Ludus to be designated the Official Duel server for the tournament and for going out of his way to temporarily lock Rhoddoks as a faction on the server! I'm thankful to Golradir for putting up a good in the finals and exciting duels. Oh and cheers to Captain Lust for suggesting the inclusion of Great Hammers into the Tournament and also to Surkan for doing whatever he did during the tournament.

You're all...

WHDFP.png

Blacktide is now the GREATest duelist in warband, so he should be treated accordingly!
gol on the other hand can ga weg

Back
Top Bottom