good medieval rpgs?

Users who are viewing this thread

bsapaka

Veteran
Anyone know of any rpg's that have a very authentic medieval feel, almost like MB but with more storyline? Something not doused in syrupy, flame-wielding fantasy?  I've played- bladurs gate series, Oblivion, Fable, and the Witcher. So far the witcher fits closest to what i'm looking for. Anyone know of anyhting else?

Dragon Age, subtle? There's fireballs, bolts of lightning, and sparkly nonsense getting chucked about left, right, and centre.

The Thief franchise is pretty low-fantasy with minimal magic. They aren't roleplaying games though, and the setting's as much steampunk as it is medieval. Fun, though. Otherwise, I really can't think of any. At least none that don't run off DOS.

Assassins creed series?
No magic at all (although the medicine is a little suspect) and several good storylines.. But I did complete brotherhood in 5 days...

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
Bleh. Fable. Way too childish and fantastical for my taste. Dragon Age is pretty good, but also magical in a subtle way.
Just thought I would say that your pic is awesome, Eluveitie FTW!

gutsaxe said:
Assassins creed series?
No magic at all (although the medicine is a little suspect) and several good storylines.. But I did complete brotherhood in 5 days...
I believe that Brotherhood isn't even out yet, as far as I'm concerned.

Overlord- said:
gutsaxe said:
Assassins creed series?
I believe that Brotherhood isn't even out yet, as far as I'm concerned.

Brotherhood was out months ago: unless Amazon.co.uk's preorder is better than I thought =)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins_creed_brotherhood

gutsaxe said:
Assassins creed series?

Has even less to do with RPGs than just about any other title mentioned in the thread so far..

ancalimon said:
The only game that comes to my mind is the first Vampire the Masquerade game. "Redemption"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlLkPGkDbwc

I never finished that one, although I've always wanted to. It wasn't quite Bloodlines, but it played alright.

And there was a bloodsucking rat-monster called Szlechta in the sewers under Prague :grin:. (in czech there's a similar word meaning "noblemen".) That alone makes it an awesome game.

Radalan said:
I never played it, at some point of time I heard that it was really buggy. Has it been? Is it still? Or is it completely playable?

I bought some budget version a long time ago. It's probably been patched to death already. (or fan-patched.) I think it should be playable.

You can get it for scraps on GoG.

Back
Top Bottom