good medieval rpgs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's a Medieval Fantasy RTS RPG.

Warlords Battlecry 3. Mainly a Medieval over the top veiw with elements of an RPG and a rts combined. Is pretty fun and has numerous races to play, and magic is also regulated so it deosn't ruin the game. Huzzah.

Oh, and MediEvil 1 and 2. The second is more of a Victorian reference though.

Radalan said:
I never played it, at some point of time I heard that it was really buggy. Has it been? Is it still? Or is it completely playable?
You're probably mixing it with Vampire: the Masquerade: Bloodlines, which was made by Troika and completely set in modern times and pretty ****ing buggy, whereas Vampire: the Masquerade: Redemption is set only partially in modern times and I cannot remember it being particularly buggy.

Graylord, that's because most games are fantasy, I don't think I've ever played any medieval RPG that wasn't fantasy. (except M&B, but then again it's a bit of fantasy aswell)

Non-fantasy medieval RPG's are almost non-existent, sadly...

I have a hunger for medieval games too, though not strictly RPG's. Currently waiting for Stronghold III, since castle building is fun too.

Demon's Souls may be the kind of thing, you are looking for. It's a PS3 exclusive, though.

Winterz said:
Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga

(Dragon Age copycat)  :roll:

the hero (a Dragon Slayer) begins on his (or her) quest to complete their initiation rituals to become a true member of the Dragon Slayers. The Dragon Slayers are searching and killing Dragon Knights - the people who have the power to turn into Dragons - who, long ago, betrayed the people of Rivellon by killing their Divine hero. After an initiation the hero and the commander spot a Dragon Knight

Story and gameplaywise looks nothing like Dragon Age.

BloodLuster said:
You could always play Dragon Age 2, if you disregard the "good" requirement!

bsapaka said:
Anyone know of any rpg's that have a very authentic medieval feel, almost like MB but with more storyline? Something not doused in syrupy, flame-wielding fantasy?  I've played- bladurs gate series, Oblivion, Fable, and the Witcher. So far the witcher fits closest to what i'm looking for. Anyone know of anyhting else?

only Darklands, nuthin' more. Btw ms Ilex (you're miss, rite?) as for the Vtm:Redemption, it was pretty buggy too (f.e. you couldn't fight with Mercurio, 2nd boss in the game from Cappadocian clan, he was almost immortal, while his magic was destructive), also for the medieval feel in Redemption-city guards in Vienna in full plates in the 1st half of 12th century :wink:

Back
Top Bottom