GooD.exe Threat? / How bad school PC's suck...

Users who are viewing this thread

killkhergit

Squire
So, lately I've got this 'thing' nestled in my usb drive's RESTORE folder/bin. AVG tells me to heal the thing every time I plug my drive into the laptop. A file called autorun.inf (it's a hidden system-file) tells the thing to execute ([autorun][/autorun]).

And every time I heal it with AVG 8.0 it just reemerges.

The last things I did were:

- Used it at school, pasted some .doc files in it. (innocent?)
- Copied the fallout smiley to the drive to use it as it's main icon.

It's scary. Anyone call explain about it?

Delete the autorun.inf file, then view hidden files and delete that exe. Your flash pen has likely been infected with a trojan from the school's system, which has now infected your computer. Scan the computer and the pen.

Cymro said:
Delete the autorun.inf file, then view hidden files and delete that exe. Your flash pen has likely been infected with a trojan from the school's system, which has now infected your computer. Scan the computer and the pen.

I'll try installing an actual antivirus/spyware program on my computer (not the laptop). I doesn't even have an internet connection, so who cares?  :grin:

Now that damned school network (admin there confirmed it) tried assassinating it!

AVG dealed with the trojan.

Thanks for the help.

killkhergit said:
So, lately I've got this 'thing' nestled in my usb drive's RESTORE folder/bin. AVG tells me to heal the thing every time I plug my drive into the laptop. A file called autorun.inf (it's a hidden system-file) tells the thing to execute ([autorun][/autorun]).

And every time I heal it with AVG 8.0 it just reemerges.

The last things I did were:

- Used it at school, pasted some .doc files in it. (innocent?)
- Copied the fallout smiley to the drive to use it as it's main icon.

It's scary. Anyone call explain about it?

I had a problem pretty close to that on my USB a few months ago, I had the "power point" virus that left anautorun ini file on there aswell, I got the virus from the uni library or from one of the class rooms :sad:

anyway use Avast, that fixed the problem for me

Do your schools, libraries or universities allow standard users to run exe files?

Alex_Augmented said:
Mine does, so I can play DF and Age of Empires 2 allllllllllllll day.

Holy ****? You're at a school that has computers... that can run games less than ten years old?
Hot damn.

Lyze said:
Alex_Augmented said:
Mine does, so I can play DF and Age of Empires 2 allllllllllllll day.

Holy ****? You're at a school that has computers... that can run games less than ten years old?
Hot damn.

Confirm that. Suckish Intel GMA ****. With 1024mb  :???: of shared RAM.

Yes, the admin are noobs.

AK47 said:
killkhergit said:
Confirm that. Suckish Intel GMA ****. With 1024mb  :???: of shared RAM.
Yes, the admin are noobs.
:shock:. That much RAM? For a school PC!?

Shared graphics. Remaining 1GB for the CPU.

They even installed some Intel E8400 CPU's a few weeks ago. In combination with not-too-bad GPU's.

Gaming ftw!

Especially Postal2 and Doom3.

i would check your laptop. we have just had an outbrake of a a virus that spread just by plugging in a usb device into the machine. it was first found on the 22nd of april so its a new little sod.

http://www.threatexpert.com/report.aspx?md5=91569358986d00d8f5c18e14b834d3c6

that help us beat the little bugger. i also have documentation written myself if you have that virus on how to get rid of it.

basically go into windows>system32 and search for the files fow64.dll/fos64.dll.

My school has super crappy computers. Most websites are blocked, and EVERYTHING is over the network, which means they're extremely slow, especially in the morning when everyone in the city is logging on. Students only get like 1GB of HDD space which is a pain in the ass if you take an advanced computer class like Web Page or Graphic Design and have to save a ton of possibly large ****, although I keep most stuff on a USB anyways. Most of the computers are at least 5 years old. We wouldn't be allowed to play games even if we could get them to run in the first place.

Our school accounts are usually limited to about 80MB of disk space, perhaps up to 500MB for those taking art, graphics or technology. The majority of the PCs have 128MB of RAM, with a few going up to a whopping 512MB. Executables of any kind will not run. On a good note, however, there has never been a virus on the school system (conficked flash pens, for example, just wouldn't open as easily).

The only exception to any of these is a solitary computer for electronics students in the physics lab, which has 1GB of RAM and a large hard disk in order to run the CAD software properly. It also doesn't block executables, and as such was at one point infested with all manner of vile creations.

Back
Top Bottom