Golems

Users who are viewing this thread

Kiri Kaneko

Recruit
So I know that you can get them with high relations with Ridas Magocracy but I have a few questions

1) What happens if Ridas Magocracy is taken over by another faction? Do I need to please the holder of Wizards Tower?

2) What happens if I take over the Ridas Magocracy (as is my plan)? Can I buy them without rep or are they lost forever?

3) Supposing I decide to stock up on golems before I take them over... how can I get rep with the faction without stalking them and jumping into their fights?

1. They won't, Magocracy decimates everyone who attacks their Wizard Tower.. except the player.
-Out of all of my many play-throughs i have never seen them lose the Wizards Tower.. ever.. (until i take it later on in the game)

2. The population stay as the Magocracy, unless you migrate them. (that's the same for all factions, the current population before and after the fight, won't change faction until you migrate it)
- You can migrate any town you want to Magocracy, for easy golems.
- If you have a town that is Migrated to Magocracy, you basically get maximum rep, so you can get all the top tier golems, silver golems i think they are.
- You don't get a choice on what golems you get, it all depends on reputation, even if you own the town that is migrated to Magocracy, it's like buying a big bucket of KFC.. you don't know what pieces of chicken you will get inside the bucket. (and now im hungry.. man it's been so long since i had KFC)

3. Wait for them to go to war, then offer yourself up as a Merc, then go bash their enemy for rep.
- You don't need rep if you own a town that is migrated to Magocracy.
- Or you can capture a Town away from another weak faction, and Migrate the population to Magocracy.

I'v tried multiple times to cause issues with Magocracy and the Dwarfs, to see if the Dwarfs will go on the warpath and march down there and slap them around.
I only once got them to fight, and it wasnt at the wizards tower, and the Golems slaughtered the dwarfs, which was interesting, i thought the Dwarfs would decimate them.
Although the Magocracy had Alot of Golems.. more than i had ever seen them use before.

That seems very interesting

My original plan was to make a paladin necromancer so I could use high honor with lay on hands for instant heals and have a big army of unquestioning remorseless killing machines

I was going to have shadows, skeletons, zombies, mummies, golems, and any demons/dark knights I happened to find. Unfortunately I didn't know Paladins cannot summon undead so that leaves me with golems and any dark units I rescue from stacks or capture and recruit. I did join up with the mages as a merc planning to get a couple of hundred golems that way before I take the tower, but if I can have them anyway then I'll wait til the contract ends then take them over

I don't mind if I get mixed units, I like a bit of variety anyway and will probably replace the undead/shadow units with orcs or something. I wanted a kind of Fallen Lord image from Myth: The Fallen Lords but I guess I'll have to go Sauron instead. At least I've got my army of kill droids

Thankyou for the info :smile:

Just a tip.
Be careful with rescuing the demons or recruiting them from captives.
They have an amazingly broken morale issue, they hate all other races and all other races hate them, except golems, and they will destroy the morale of your army and even your companions to the point you will be spammed with them talking to you about leaving.

Im not sure this will be fixed in the next update, i have reported it, but i never get a reply from the 2 guys that run this forum anymore.

Other than that, most people just play a Cleric, paladin doesn't have anywhere near the utility as a cleric.
And cleric even gets an AOE fear, which works on everything, not just evil or unded or whatever, its an AOE fear that you can use repeatedly on everything, a necro doesn't even get anything like that, and nor does a paladin.

Cleric Buffs + Mage Haste spell, and you have an unstoppable army.

awkwarrd said:
Other than that, most people just play a Cleric, paladin doesn't have anywhere near the utility as a cleric.

For maximum min-max goodness, start as a barbarian and then become a cleric. You'll get a rage self buff(I've seen upwards of 300 percent and greater), cleric buffs and you can later on buy some magic.

awkwarrd said:
They have an amazingly broken morale issue, they hate all other races and all other races hate them, except golems, and they will destroy the morale of your army and even your companions to the point you will be spammed with them talking to you about leaving.
(not to get off-topic much but...) Even more so than including Undead in your fleshy army, including the spawn of hell seems like a deal-breaker to me. More than a bug, it seems like that is the way it should be. 

Depends on if you are playing as Evil or playing as Good.

There is clearly an alignment system setup to guide the morale based on who likes who racially, and those racials are from good vs evil.

Quiero saber como obtener golems, alguien me puede decir. No he podido reclutar los y solo he encontrado uno de arcilla que estaba capturado por unos corsarios. Agradezco su respuesta  :grin:

Jaimemedina said:
Quiero saber como obtener golems, alguien me puede decir. No he podido reclutar los y solo he encontrado uno de arcilla que estaba capturado por unos corsarios. Agradezco su respuesta  :grin:

tienes de los recrutar de los magos pero necessitas tener buenas relacion con ellos ou puedes hacer tus ciudads de magos

JaguarPT said:
Jaimemedina said:

tienes de los recrutar de los magos pero necessitas tener buenas relacion con ellos ou puedes hacer tus ciudads de magos
pasa que me sale un error con muchas letras rojas en los mensajes del juego :/ como arreglo eso?

Jaimemedina said:
JaguarPT said:
Jaimemedina said:

pasa que me sale un error con muchas letras rojas en los mensajes del juego :/ como arreglo eso?

Guys this is a English forum, at least use google translate to English.

Right click the page and set it to auto translate, chrome has it.
He's talking about the red error messages he see's come up in the chat.

Back
Top Bottom