Resolved Gold gain bugs + few stupid changes in 1.6.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay lets start with the gold gain that is bugged in every way possible. A little summary before watching the video:
-each gold gain perk works as intended, but they also work like generous lord on top of that, meaning every gold gain perk generates gold for both yourself and people who assisted on the kill
-gold gains work during warmup
-gold gains work on teamkilling
-gold gains can gain gold for your enemies.
Video proof:

Now the stupid changes no one asked about and somehow made it through:
  • Being able to switch between weapons during an attack release is no longer possible.
This change is the worst change that makes the game feel clunky and overall makes experience very bad. I don't see a single reason behind this change. Not being able to cancel swing with switch weapon input is a really bad change and should be reverted asap, as I can't see a single reason of that being a thing/making positive change to the game.
  • Heavy Menavlion deals less damage but can crush through.
why
Also crush through related, it seems like it's way more reliable rn, which feels really bad. 2 hands can easly outrun you, outstun you, outdmg you and now they can just go through your block with enough speed and hold.

-What also sucks is that shields break in 1 to 3 hits if someone has a shield breaker. Cav breaker perk loses shield to fast and on top of that shield wall perk is beyond useless.

-Legionary only option in competetive skirmish is cav breaker, as both his melee options are to short and force you to run into kick range of someone without posibility of outranging. For the love of god replace this useless spatha with either long spatha or cataphract sword.

-Wildling shield despite being big is still **** cuz it's held some cringe sideway instead of the way all other shields are held.

-If I am not wrong holds were supposed to deal 15% more dmg, not just 15% more stun, I think it would be nice if that was back cuz current dmg difference is not noticable and doesn't really make holds worth like they used to be in the W-game(being able to force someone to double block)

Patch 8/10 but fix that random stuff tyty

To expand on the gaining gold after round ends. You get a 30 gold bonus for surviving round if you team wins. You still get this bonus even if you somehow die after round is over but before you go back to troop selection. The gold gain perk seems to give the extra gold for killing/assisting in that time period. It is not consistent.

1) swing speed bonuses from perks should not be a thing
2) contain cavalry breaker dmg boost to only their spears, swords should not deal 250 dmg to horse

+all the above, ty

Oh my god, lol. Maybe this is a good reason to bring Beta servers back online, as their testing group obviously doesn't do a thorough job...

I'm absolutely livid that crush through is back in any shape or form, it's just a straight up bad mechanic and the developers should be very aware of this by now. It feels like they do some things just to spite us these days.

I hope the overall balance is getting to a better point outside of all of this nonsense.

Surely this type of bug could be found by the coder themselves, even in the design stage. Surely they would've designed the system to differentiate between a regular kill and a team kill???

The silver lining here is that this forces their hand to push out a hotfix probably on Monday.

Surely this type of bug could be found by the coder themselves, even in the design stage. Surely they would've designed the system to differentiate between a regular kill and a team kill???

The silver lining here is that this forces their hand to push out a hotfix probably on Monday.
Please for the love of god stay silent.

You obviously know nothing about programming because if you did then you would know that cases like this can easily slip through.
The problem is again and again and again testing, testing testing testing. You can't code flawlessly but your test cases should catch this.

You obviously know nothing about programming because if you did then you would know that cases like this can easily slip through.
The problem is again and again and again testing, testing testing testing. You can't code flawlessly but your test cases should catch this.
Please shut up, you constantly posting condescending **** while barely knowing what you're talking about yourself is getting tiring.

This is not a case that easily slips through, it's a very basic check that should very clear has to be done. The line of thought is really simple: "Ok, I want to award a player some gold when he kills someone. Obviously that should not happen for teammates." That check should be one of the first lines you write, and this issue being in the game is absolutely embarrassing, especially after going through QA and closed testing.

Before you come at me for "not knowing anything about programming" - I've done systems exactly like this one for Warband mods - the difference in language/environment does not change the line of thought.

-What also sucks is that shields break in 1 to 3 hits if someone has a shield breaker. Cav breaker perk loses shield to fast and on top of that shield wall perk is beyond useless.

-Legionary only option in competetive skirmish is cav breaker, as both his melee options are to short and force you to run into kick range of someone without posibility of outranging. For the love of god replace this useless spatha with either long spatha or cataphract sword.
shield breaker is useless imo, two-handed weapons destroy the shield with 2-3 blows without it
I agree with all the rest of the stuff. I would add an improvement to the length of the axe and mace in Vlandia on heavy inf

Please shut up, you constantly posting condescending **** while barely knowing what you're talking about yourself is getting tiring.

This is not a case that easily slips through, it's a very basic check that should very clear has to be done. The line of thought is really simple: "Ok, I want to award a player some gold when he kills someone. Obviously that should not happen for teammates." That check should be one of the first lines you write, and this issue being in the game is absolutely embarrassing, especially after going through QA and closed testing.

Before you come at me for "not knowing anything about programming" - I've done systems exactly like this one for Warband mods - the difference in language/environment does not change the line of thought.
Lol.

Anyhow we have no clue about the line of thought or implementation of the developer, it could be implemented and majorly bugged. We simply don't know, fact is that it can happen and programmers aren't perfect and shouldn't be.
What we do agree on that this should have appeared in testing, but then again TW is a dumpster fire considering software management so no surprise really.

Camera snapback got increased. Nice! Now make it even faster and faster until its instant. (like in WB)

Similar to how blockdealy was reduced and reduced until its gone

Are you retarded mate?

It's clearly one of the first variables you would create to stop a case like this.

• Being able to switch between weapons during an attack release is no longer possible.
This change is the worst change that makes the game feel clunky and overall makes experience very bad. I don't see a single reason behind this change. Not being able to cancel swing with switch weapon input is a really bad change and should be reverted asap, as I can't see a single reason of that being a thing/making positive change to the game.
+1.
Couldn't agree more. This is one of those changes that nobody asked for and there wasn't any need for it. This simple change makes using spears absolutely worthless, because of arbitrary delays. Funny how you try to introduce spear buffs / cavalry nerfs and at the same time bring this new "feature".
Camera snapback got increased. Nice! Now make it even faster and faster until its instant. (like in WB)
Also agree on this.
If you are not willing to improve camera snapback to Warband level, at least give us option to change it with slider or something in options.

Tbh this patch didn't seem change anything regarding to balance. It's just one of those "change perks and call it days work" change. How many months we waited for this patch again?

Last edited:
Every MP update feels like 2 steps foward and 10 steps back...
I had the opportunity to play the game this morning after the update, and first thing that i saw was the courser lose his cav menavilion to a ****y perk named Auxiliary that gives you a 10+ gold for assist???
Who the hell asked for this? Is TW just throwing stuff at the air trying to see if it scores something?

Every MP update feels like 2 steps foward and 10 steps back...
I had the opportunity to play the game this morning after the update, and first thing that i saw was the courser lose his cav menavilion to a ****y perk named Auxiliary that gives you a 10+ gold for assist???
Who the hell asked for this? Is TW just throwing stuff at the air trying to see if it scores something?
hahahahahahaha tdm noob crying apparently
you are the only one *****ing about courser losing menav lmao
Who the hell asked for this?
like the whole community?

Last edited:
hahahahahahaha tdm noob crying apparently
you are the only one *****ing about courser losing menav lmao

like the whole community?
I'm not crying or am I a tdm noob, I play captain and skirmish.
In captain , Empire being the ****y faction they are, bad infantry, archer kinda mid, the cav was the only thing that saved the faction, a good cav player with courser could somehow stand their ground agaist more porwerful cav faction like khuzait or vlandia, now they can't do it anymore, not only the courser losing their menav, but also sturgia warrior losing their 2h axe, or the varyag losing the 2h bastard axe, and others units from other factions
Many classes lost something good and fun ,to some ****y new perk.
Do you think this is a good update? because I don't... and from what I can gather, neither must of the community likes it

Back
Top Bottom