God, I Hate Weezer

Users who are viewing this thread

Dryvus

Sufficiently Suffonsified
Archduke
There's some kind of strange disease that I've noticed. People who otherwise have great taste in music that have this disease inexplicably think that Weezer is a good band that they should listen to. Another characteristic is that the afflicted don't realize that they have a disease. Just thought I'd plumb the depths here and get an idea of how infected this community is.

Not for a bloody ****. No way.

Worst part is, I asked one of my friends why they liked it, and they said, "their music has a certain style to it".

I replied with "they haven't changed their music in fifteen years", and he said, "I know! That's why they're so great."

*facepalm*

I think the real disease here is rap and certain white people. They think it's okay for them to emulate black culture even though they have some of the whitest skin around.

phillo99 said:
I think the real disease here is rap and certain white people. They think it's okay for them to emulate black culture even though they have some of the whitest skin around.

Wiggers are annoying, but music style is hardly race-exclusive. People were saying the same thing about jazz and swing and rock, all of which came from black influences. "White people shouldn't listen to/emulate black music styles" is a very narrow-minded stance, and judging from your avatar and signature, you enjoy metal, which was developed from rock, which was developed from black influences.

phillo99 said:

nigga ya trippin. 4 realz. Ya needz to stop talkin' dat bizniz b 4 i getz mai mans n' dem on ya! Belide dat!

Archonsod said:
ArabArcher35 said:
you enjoy metal, which was developed from rock, which was developed from black influences.
Depends who you ask, and what kind of metal you're talking about :razz:
It's true. There's just as much country music in metal and that has its roots in Ireland.

uh. :smile:) I think I've only heard like two of their songs - Buddy Holly and Pork and Beans. And I liked both.

ArabArcher35 said:
phillo99 said:

Wiggers are annoying, but music style is hardly race-exclusive. People were saying the same thing about jazz and swing and rock, all of which came from black influences. "White people shouldn't listen to/emulate black music styles" is a very narrow-minded stance, and judging from your avatar and signature, you enjoy metal, which was developed from rock, which was developed from black influences.
I think dressing like them, talking like them and acting like them is going beyond the music. The wiggers are usually the fat, pale girls and the pale guys. It's disgusting.

No less annoying than hardcore slipknot or mushroomhead fans, jumping around, screaming in corpsepaint, wearing pants with 10,000 pockets. Or even Juggalos *shudders*.

It depends on one's area, but seriously, anyone who takes their music too seriously can be annoying, musicians included. I don't feel the need to represent my musical tastes through my dress, aside from the occasional band shirt. Nothing wrong with emulating a dress style, even if their pants are around their thighs and their boxers are in clear view. I dress for comfort, it's their prerogative to dress or talk to fit some kind of standard. It doesn't really affect me, so it's none of my business. People have the right to free thought in this country, and that includes expressing oneself with clothing and clearly made-up accents.

I tend to wear pants with about 10 pockets, quite handy...  :razz:

10,000 would be excellent.

Back
Top Bottom