Glowing models, no shaders

Users who are viewing this thread

LadLadLad

Recruit
My models are glowing, every single one i have added hasn't got shaders, it looks very ugly and unnatural.
This must be a common problem and there must be an easy fix, but i cannot solidly pinpoint it to something. i have searched for possible other times this has been mentioned but i didn't find any.

My models are glowing, every single one i have added hasn't got shaders, it looks very ugly and unnatural.
This must be a common problem and there must be an easy fix, but i cannot solidly pinpoint it to something. i have searched for possible other times this has been mentioned but i didn't find any.
Are you kidding right now? You know it is related to shaders (about whose existence only knowledgeable people know) and that it is a common issue with an easy solution to it. You must have searched badly because OpenBRF is what you need, the only way (which is very popular) to fix the problem (check out Maroon's tutorial on asset management in the tool).

Upvote 0
Are you using OpenBRF? If so what shaders are you using?
Yes.I know its about the shaders it's just that i don't understand them, the default one simple_shader seems to not work, i switched it to standart_skin_bump_specmap_high and the texture in game just broke, its white as if it has no texture.

Upvote 0
Are you kidding right now? You know it is related to shaders (about whose existence only knowledgeable people know) and that it is a common issue with an easy solution to it. You must have searched badly because OpenBRF is what you need, the only way (which is very popular) to fix the problem (check out Maroon's tutorial on asset management in the tool).
i am going to check it out. thank you.

Upvote 0
Just look for similar items and use the same shader as the materials of those meshes use. It gives you a good first orientation. Here is a simple overview above some of the most important shaders:
unknown.png

Skinned means that the mesh is rigged, so armour is falling into that category (you can see in OpenBRF if a mesh is rigged/skinned or not).

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom