Gloria Sinica / 汉匈决战: Han Xiongnu Wars (M&B like)

Users who are viewing this thread

It looks very intresting, but the megative reviews are scaring me. How are the supposed bugs and stuff?

I quite like it. Put in 10 hours straight. I did have to restart once in the first hour because the opening quest bugged out, and now I have to restart again it appears, because the patches ruined my save. I think I'll wait a bit until they stop patching so much so it doesn't happen again.

Kickin' It in Tennessee said:
I quite like it.

is the modsys (game code) available for download ? Either with the game itself (like Carribean!) or as a separate download (like Warband).

I would like to play this game around February, but only if they include the modsys (so I can tweak and patch bugs)

kalarhan said:
I quite like it.

is the modsys (game code) available for download ? Either with the game itself (like Carribean!) or as a separate download (like Warband).

I would like to play this game around February, but only if they include the modsys (so I can tweak and patch bugs)

No, modsys is not available with the download. I hope they do release it, they have really interesting mechanics.

I have played for over 10 hours now and am really enjoying it. They have a very interesting 'freelancer' type system where you are sent to do different missions every few hours while traveling with the lords army. The missions are varied: kill looters, kill bandits, deliver message, deliver prisoners. They have stealth missions (rescue prisoners, hunt animals), but the stealth mechanic is garbage so I don't choose those. Every mission gives you contribution points, which then leads to your promotion. Rise up the ranks, then you are given command of your own men (but you are still part of the lord's army).

What I really like about the game is that they have really good battlefield AI.  Cavalry performs proper wedge pass throughs, the 'nomadic enemy' (Xiongnu) does proper encirclement with they horse archers. It is really fun to watch.

Tactics is really important. You learn different types of formations from different 'schools', which allow you to use those formations in battles. I'm not there yet, but it seems like a fun concept.

Translation is fine. I'm worried about patches breaking saves (I already have 1 broken save due to that, but that was right at release).

For now, as a player, I'm really enjoying it. As a modder, I like seeing new things that can be done with this engine.

Of the 2 WB Engine Licensed games, this one, imo, is more enjoyable. Caribbean was a good concept, but I think it was demanding too much from the WB engine.

Khamukkamu said:
I have played for over 10 hours now and am really enjoying it. They have a very interesting 'freelancer' type system where you are sent to do different missions every few hours while traveling with the lords army. The missions are varied: kill looters, kill bandits, deliver message, deliver prisoners. They have stealth missions (rescue prisoners, hunt animals), but the stealth mechanic is garbage so I don't choose those. Every mission gives you contribution points, which then leads to your promotion. Rise up the ranks, then you are given command of your own men (but you are still part of the lord's army).

What I really like about the game is that they have really good battlefield AI.  Cavalry performs proper wedge pass throughs, the 'nomadic enemy' (Xiongnu) does proper encirclement with they horse archers. It is really fun to watch.

Tactics is really important. You learn different types of formations from different 'schools', which allow you to use those formations in battles. I'm not there yet, but it seems like a fun concept.

Translation is fine. I'm worried about patches breaking saves (I already have 1 broken save due to that, but that was right at release).

For now, as a player, I'm really enjoying it. As a modder, I like seeing new things that can be done with this engine.

Of the 2 WB Engine Licensed games, this one, imo, is more enjoyable. Caribbean was a good concept, but I think it was demanding too much from the WB engine.
...Have you find bugs that let unplayable the game...?

ciauz^^,
Jab

A few of the Steam reviews are talking about pop up bugs and such.

Khamukkamu said:
kalarhan said:
I quite like it.

No, modsys is not available with the download. I hope they do release it, they have really interesting mechanics.

You should've seen Yoshi's Caribbean mod...

JabdiMelborn said:
...Have you find bugs that let unplayable the game...?

ciauz^^,
Jab

As of when I stopped playing last night, none so far. Note that I haven't been taking the stealth quests, so I'm not sure if there are bugs there. I'll be playing again later, I'll let you know if anything broke (i'm not sure if they patched again recently). Like I said, I have had 1 broken save one day after release.

Slawtering said:
---

If you mean the non-stop lines that appear during combat, yea, that has been fixed. Also, I wasn't around for Yoshiboy's Caribbean mod, but I have read about it here on the forums a long time ago. I think that was one of the reasons for his exit in modding M&B

Update: The devs posted on Steam, saying that a major update is coming in one month and will require a new savegame.

Just played some more. Finally got into a battle where I can control my troops. The formations / order menu (F1, F2..) is not there! They use something else. Unless my character needs to learn this? It is quite strange. Also, you can't command your troops immediately. You have to wait something like 20 seconds, then you can command them to either hold a position, follow you, engage the enemy (which i think is charge?). I don't get why WB-licensed games have to keep messing around with the order menu (Caribbean is also guilty of this)! It's like as if TW told them they can have everything except that :grin: Anyways, I need to keep trying it out...

Also had my first siege battle... not impressive. Dumb ai, forming blobs in front of ladders, etc... I guess usual native siege AI?

Slawtering said:

Khamukkamu said:
kalarhan said:
I quite like it.

What I really like about the game is that they have really good battlefield AI. Cavalry performs proper wedge pass throughs, the 'nomadic enemy' (Xiongnu) does proper encirclement with they horse archers. It is really fun to watch.

...I would have liked to play "Pirate&Fish mod" but I can not find a link anywhere...:sad:

ciauz^^,
Jab

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm playing this game for some time now. There are two things if someone figure them out, because I didn't.

First, when you create a personal group and equip it, how can you add members to it when they die. I tell them to do automatic recruitment, but when I want to add them it says "Not enough resources". Now I tried to buy on market equipment for them before i done add new troops, but I still failed. Did someone solved this?

And second problem, how do you get major battles so you can learn new tactic?

I have bought the game for 10 €, it will not be worst than VC or Carribean that i bought too :mrgreen: The two had many really good things in them but were not complete in my opinion, we will see with this one ! Bad marketing cause i didn't even know the game was out !

EDIT: it is only in chinese... english was tick on steam... great. :facepalm:

minh4792 said:
Excuse me, is there anyone here still play this han hun mod?
You can check the player count graphs from here ; https://steamdb.info/app/688470/graphs/

Ki-Ok Khan said:
minh4792 said:
You can check the player count graphs from here ; https://steamdb.info/app/688470/graphs/

do they use Steam on their country to sell the game (as the main store)? Or another store/direct website downloads?

kalarhan said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
minh4792 said:

do they use Steam on their country to sell the game (as the main store)? Or another store/direct website downloads?
There is steam in China but I do not know if they use other places to sell the game as well.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
There is steam in China but I do not know if they use other places to sell the game as well.

but is Steam in China database connected to the rest of the world? As in, do the stats from steamspy (not official app) see sells inside China as well (with all the Internet barriers they have).

30k sold copies is a low number, that would be quite surprising if they didn't sell more in their own country.

kalarhan said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:

but is Steam in China database connected to the rest of the world? As in, do the stats from steamspy (not official app) see sells inside China as well (with all the Internet barriers they have).

30k sold copies is a low number, that would be quite surprising if they didn't sell more in their own country.
It should be because you can befriend them and play together etc. But yes the number is very low considering how everything sells in China.
Then again , the game kind of lost its popularity ( Warband ) all around the world. I don't think people are bothering to buy a different version of it.

Back
Top Bottom