SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

Users who are viewing this thread

I went to the Chinese forum and they more or less said (if google translate is accurate) that the developer has quit the mod due to real life issues. On that note there was apparently another test version patch released at the end of 2015 but it wasn't translated into English.

So the Mega DL link for the full 1.6 has been dead for a while, and I don't know how to navigate the Chinese link. Could someone be kind to re-upload the full 1.6 version again? I am guessing it is the same version Arcade Knight played which has the Australian settlements added as well as a few new areas in the Americas, compared to the 1.6 patch which seems not to have that.

dinnerblaster said:
Suggestions:
- It would be more logical for American Indian Tribes to be renamed 'Native American Tribes'
- Non-Allied should be renamed 'Incas'
- Horses didn't exist in America in the 16th century, so natives could not have cavalry as in the mod. Maybe the horse troops could be replaced with something different, like primitive musket troops?
- Please remove the titles from lords' names. It is pretty awkward how each lord's personality is part of their name
- Adding 'Diplomacy' mod would make the world politics more interesting

Btw. This is a great mod, thanks for making it :grin:

I agree with all your suggestions except the first one.  At the time of the setting of this mod, Spanish explorers were convinced that in discovering the Americas they had actually found a route to India.  Hence, they named the inhabitants, "Indians".  Why use a modern politically correct term of the late 20th and early 21st century?  It would be anachronistic and would only break the sense of immersion that this mod provides so well.

I am discovering this mod right now and based on what i am reading i can't wait to try it.

Btw about your north indian tribes and based on the dates you should maybe choose the Chichimecas, they are their northern Barbarians.
Chichimecas are tribes of indian raider, (Aztecs are settled chichimecas)
Litle is know about them mostly because they have been almost exterminated by the Spaniards but not without a fight.
They are mostly know for being outstanding bowmen, using powerful bows, their obsidian arrows could easily piecre Spanish hardened leather armors.
And they are reputed for their cruelty, and their artrocious tortures. skining alive pretty ladies faces so they could keep their beauty with them.. at their belts, removing the bones of a living man.. etc..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chichimeca

dinnerblaster said:
A few bugs and suggestions:

Suggestions:
- It would be more logical for American Indian Tribes to be renamed 'Native American Tribes'

Chichimecas is for everything north of the civilized area and the meaning is barbarian.

- Non-Allied should be renamed 'Incas'

Incas are in south America and nowhere else.
But maybe you are refering to something i know not yet, in a mod i have to try still. :wink:

- Horses didn't exist in America in the 16th century, so natives could not have cavalry as in the mod.

Yep no cavalry for sure they are 100% infantry, light  to medium infantry (medium for the aztecs knights orders, jaguars, arrows, eagles for the greatest orders.)

Maybe the horse troops could be replaced with something different, like primitive musket troops?

i strongly disagree. no horses no muskets. :wink:

- Please remove the titles from lords' names. It is pretty awkward how each lord's personality is part of their name

ouch yes ^^
imho i would pick
Tlatoani for their king and cuauhtlatoani for lords
btw if you are looking for names..
http://www.20000-names.com/female_nahuatl_names.htm

- Adding 'Diplomacy' mod would make the world politics more interesting
[/quote]

the same is so true for all mods.

Chichimeca would only be relevant for the desert tribes immediately North of the Aztecs.  You wouldn't have Jacques Cartier encountering Chichimecas in 16th century Quebec.  It would be pointless to put multiple factions into North America.  Just keep the Indians name as that is how they were known during the timeframe fo the mod.

I did not notice the suggestion to add gunpowder troops to the Indians in lieu of cavalry:  Not a good idea.  Neither one would be appropriate.

today i conquered weryodi, made my own faction troops, waited 2/3 days but my villages wont let me recruit my faction troops but my vassals have my troops. both of the villages have a relation of -50 with me because i looted them when the union of linovia existed.

marusja17 said:
today i conquered weryodi, made my own faction troops, waited 2/3 days but my villages wont let me recruit my faction troops but my vassals have my troops. both of the villages have a relation of -50 with me because i looted them when the union of linovia existed.

Your relation is preventing you from hiring. Increase it by giving money to the village to raise it to at least 0 before trying to hire from them.

Once I've built my faction tree I'll post a screenshot.

I'll see what I can do with the 1.6 version upload  as well. ^^

The two most annoying bugs in this mod are how sometimes your custom troop's equipment resets for some reason or duplicates another item, sometimes even replacing the items you put in, and how you cant change your noble title so even if you have your own faction you're still a "Count"

Some screenshots from my game
nJxU442.jpg
nzoSjAz.jpg
9bUCDNy.jpg
Also is it possible to add more branches for the custom troop tree? Maybe even some that don't go all the way to top tier troops.

peenerz said:
Also is it possible to add more branches for the custom troop tree? Maybe even some that don't go all the way to top tier troops.

I believe this is possible but you'd have to go into the code itself to do it. Sadly I've also asked this but never got an answer and I dont have the know-how to code it myself.

Also, nice troop tree.  What's your skill build for your top cavalry?

I remember a bug in the troop editor which gave you unlimited weapon proficiency. I ran around with 50 mounted archers who decimated 300+ armies because of 1000 bow skill lol. This was in 1.2 I think so it wouldn't work in 1.6.. (I tried :twisted:)

They're mostly invested into power draw and horse archery, with some pips in iron flesh, power strike, and riding as well. I play defensively so having heavy shock cavalry isn't too important for me (but having them would be nice, which is why I want more branches).

I've only encountered bad bugs and glitches so far D: Hopefully another update comes soon, the Chinese forums are loaded with activity so hopefully that means the mod is still alive

Yeah, I play my  Cav the same way.

For shock troops I use the second highest tier of infantry, load them up with heavy armor and range weapons + shields. then the last tier would be lighter armored but carry around pointier sticks.

How's your progress with the kingdom?

The bugs aren't so game-breaking as much as it used to though. I had a few save-breaking ones too like glitching the map into oblivion and having 0 person ghost armies in the earlier versions.

I'll post some pics later. Loving the livonian faction with their tier 3 Teutonic knights, Curb-stomping heavy french cav and elite mongol cav 3-1 :grin:

Edit: I don't know of any other mod that allows this custom troop mechanic so I'm not sure if even asking around would help. We'll just have to hope that they do decide to update the mod. That or wait to play Bannerlord.

oljhinakusao said:
Edit: I don't know of any other mod that allows this custom troop mechanic so I'm not sure if even asking around would help. We'll just have to hope that they do decide to update the mod. That or wait to play Bannerlord.

Heard Nova Aetas has same system but im not sure. Thou Nova Aetas is trying to be too hardcore for my taste

TucKMuncK said:
Heard Nova Aetas has same system but im not sure. Thou Nova Aetas is trying to be too hardcore for my taste

It's stated in the mod info under Warfare

- Customize kingdom army
* You can change equipment for every player kingdom soldier
* You pay 3 times the item price, for every item you add or take from the troop
* Memorize: troops will keep equipment, even upon loading savegame

The mod looks good, although after reading through the info I do agree that it's a bit too hardcore [see also:tedious] especially with the colonial and resource management.

Could someone post the download link for this mod. It looks like a great mod but I haven't found a working link for the latest version in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom