Glitch Exploitation

Users who are viewing this thread

PsykoOps said:
Yeah that's actually true. It's like trolling, the more you can piss off your opponent the more fun it is :smile:

This is very true.

And with glitches, I'd wager that the more it is exploited the more likely it is to be fixed.

PsykoOps said:
Yeah that's actually true. It's like trolling, the more you can piss off your opponent the more fun it is :smile:
Ok, if you like other people to get angry rather than have fun, that is not my problem, but I find it very selfish. I simply don't see the fun in killing someone without him even noticing that you were there. I always prefer a good duel, even if I die in it. I rather die in a duel than win while sniping.

Bloody ****ing hell. I meant that the kill itself would feel great to make, to knock someone out with a single shot without them even realizing you're there. People getting pissed off at losing are not my business and should stop being childish whiners or stop playing the dang game.

FrisianDude said:
Bloody ****ing hell. I meant that the kill itself would feel great to make, to knock someone out with a single shot without them even realizing you're there. People getting pissed off at losing are not my business and should stop being childish whiners or stop playing the dang game.
I am not one of the whiners when I get sniped, but it is just boring. Killing people by sniping makes the game more boring for them (and the more hot-headed will even get angry). If you do not care about other people having fun, I think it better for you to stop playing the dang game than for the people who get angry because of it. Ok, it is childish to get angry because of some ******* ruining your fun, but being childish is certainly not worse than being selfish. It is not the losing that is the point, it is the extreme boringness of being killed without even seeing your enemy,

But, we are getting rather off-topic, and I do not care for prolonging this useless argument, since it is just a matter of personality. I will not hate you if you snipe/sneak, but I will not like you either.

kingofnoobia said:
I am not one of the whiners when I get sniped, but it is just boring. Killing people by sniping makes the game more boring for them (and the more hot-headed will even get angry). If you do not care about other people having fun, I think it better for you to stop playing the dang game than for the people who get angry because of it.
How long did it take you to realise that sniping is a significant part of the game?  Wasn't it just as boring when a bot defending a castle in SP sniped you before you could even reach the ladder, or has that never happened to you?  Warband snipers are just playing the game the way it was designed from the start.  Anyone who gets pissed with that should realise that they are having a problem with the game design and not the sniper.

godot said:
kingofnoobia said:
I am not one of the whiners when I get sniped, but it is just boring. Killing people by sniping makes the game more boring for them (and the more hot-headed will even get angry). If you do not care about other people having fun, I think it better for you to stop playing the dang game than for the people who get angry because of it.
How long did it take you to realise that sniping is a significant part of the game?  Wasn't it just as boring when a bot defending a castle in SP sniped you before you could even reach the ladder, or has that never happened to you?  Warband snipers are just playing the game the way it was designed from the start.  Anyone who gets pissed with that should realise that they are having a problem with the game design and not the sniper.
Didn't I just say that I am not one to start whining when I get sniped? I don't care how it is a 'part of the game', I find it selfish. Now really, stop arguing about it, there's no point to it. You like sniping, I dislike it.

And I'm not even in Warband actually, I just like to read the forum about it and give my opinion on some matters where I can talk about without having any Warband experience. But I find sniping selfish in about any game, so that is not really relevant.

kingofnoobia said:
Didn't I just say that I am not one to start whining when I get sniped?
I didn't say you whine and don't really care whether you do or not.  However, when you declare "I think it better for you to stop playing the dang game" just because someone plays in a way you dislike then I at least want to see if I'm understanding you correctly.

kingofnoobia said:
And I'm not even in Warband actually, I just like to read the forum about it and give my opinion on some matters where I can talk about without having any Warband experience.
So based on your experience with bot snipers in the Single Player game you think that real players who snipe in Warband should "stop playing the dang game."  Have I got that straight now?  :neutral:

There's a lot of things I really hate when i'm playing.

Horse archers, archers, any ranged weapon, infantery running around with long spears. but so what? me not liking it, doesn't make it any less valid as a playing tactics, i'm sure lots of people hate my favourite tactic aswell.

kingofnoobia said:
Heh you can perfectly disagree, but I can still say I find sniping selfish. Like all posts in a forum, it's an opinion, not a law. It's simply a matter of respect for your enemies. If you snipe people down, they don't have any fun. If you die in a duel or a large battle, you have had the fun of the fight.

And as I said, there are differences in turtling. Firing from a castle wall is perfectly acceptable, it is really necessary for your team to hold the wall. But I find it very selfish to sneak around the enemy army and fire in their backs from a place where they can barely see you. First, you are of no use to your team, because by the time you sneaked around them you could have done much more useful stuff. You will get 1-3 easy kills, before they know where you are, but you could have used your time for helping out your teammates. On top of that, snipers do not care about other people having fun, they only care about themselves.

I just find sniping selfish because I care about other players having fun.

Nonsense.  On all counts.

I realize it is your opinion, but I cannot share it. While I don't snipe and am as frustrated by snipers as you, I don't consider it selfish, but par for the course and respect it in my opponents.

Actually, I think they should glitch as much as possible. This is a beta, meaning you're supposed to find bugs in it. You have a better chance of finding and remembering glitches if somebodies shooting at you through them than if you simply notice it out of the corner of your eye.

Khalid ibn Walid said:
Nonsense.  On all counts.

I realize it is your opinion, but I cannot share it. While I don't snipe and am as frustrated by snipers as you, I don't consider it selfish, but par for the course and respect it in my opponents.
I sometimes respect a good sniper too, considering the circumstances. The kind I was ranting about are the complete selfish idiots who do not snipe for their team but to score kills for themselves (a few good assists with a crossbow can be better than a kill), and for whom their team is only a way to distract the enemy from themselves while sniping. They use their team in stead of playing with them. I do not respect them because they do not respect me either, otherwise they would not be sniping me. And I know that many players are competitive and do not really care about their enemy, as long as they can win, but if you even don't care about your teammates, then I would indeed call you selfish (of course, considering who the teammates are...)

But I must agree with you that snipers can be nice people. I know it is not always correct to associate sniper with selfish, but that is what you get if the majority of the class is played by assholes. With no offence meant to the remaining minority.

And I'm not one to get very frustrated by snipers, it's more :roll: or *sigh* than *frustrated scream*. You don't need to get angry at someone because he is playing selfish.

kingofnoobia said:
I do not respect them because they do not respect me either, otherwise they would not be sniping me.
Does this mean you are playing in the Warband beta now or are you still just speculating based on experiences with other MP games?  :???:

Oh FFS.

kingofnoobia said:
The kind I was ranting about are the complete selfish idiots who do not snipe for their team but to score kills for themselves
Like who precisely? I've never seen a sniper survive long unless he was supported by his team, and unless the enemy are courteous enough to stand at range and turn their backs to the sniper, then he's generally going to be picking off people for his team.
If the sniper is not with his team and still alive after he's fired his first arrow, it's the incompetence of his opponents to blame.
They use their team in stead of playing with them. I do not respect them because they do not respect me either, otherwise they would not be sniping me.
By that logic, if you respected them you wouldn't be trying to stab them either. Maybe you should join the naked commando regiment and just beat them unconscious instead. We'd be proud to have ya.
And I know that many players are competitive and do not really care about their enemy, as long as they can win, but if you even don't care about your teammates, then I would indeed call you selfish (of course, considering who the teammates are...)
Again, not caring about your team mates and still managing to win says more about the effectiveness of your opponents than anything else. At the minute, the team which co-ordinates together wins. A team not doing that tends to get their arse handed to them.

WTF? snipers are selfish? anything that makes more kills than deaths is good for the team even you like how or not You find it selfish because....??? A sniper can asist his teammates, kill more enemies, distract his enemies, make them turn his back on the real force to not get shot etc... if you are killed lots of times by them... don't cry and learn how to counter-attack them!! (BTW i'm not an archer)

Tercero said:
WTF? snipers are selfish? anything that makes more kills than deaths is good for the team even you like how or not You find it selfish because....??? A sniper can asist his teammates, kill more enemies, distract his enemies, make them turn his back on the real force to not get shot etc... if you are killed lots of times by them... don't cry and learn how to counter-attack them!! (BTW i'm not an archer)

Exactly when I am forced to block with shields i love it when a sniper just pitches in a arrow or two at the enemies head

kingofnoobia said:
PsykoOps said:
Lol, are you actually saying that archers who use defensive positions are 'cowardly'??? I lolled but then I was like...  :roll:
Cowardly is actually the wrong word, I'll admit. 'Selfish' is a better term.

And there are differences in 'defensive positions'. Firing from a castle wall is very acceptable. Firing from a place where no one can see you is cowardly and selfish. Firing from a place that is very secure but holds no value at all for your team, and you are only there to get kills for yourself, is also very selfish.

I have to disagree with this one. Say you're an archer in this position being "selfish." You're killing the enemy team, aren't you?? Good for your team! Yay! And even if you're not, you're adding something that the other team has to try to counter. A forest full of these guys back in the day was called an ambush for a reason. It's a tactic as much as flanking is.

If I had one of these guys on my team, I'd go protect him cuz I'd know that the other team hated his guts.

scythe111 said:
kingofnoobia said:
PsykoOps said:
Lol, are you actually saying that archers who use defensive positions are 'cowardly'??? I lolled but then I was like...  :roll:
Cowardly is actually the wrong word, I'll admit. 'Selfish' is a better term.

And there are differences in 'defensive positions'. Firing from a castle wall is very acceptable. Firing from a place where no one can see you is cowardly and selfish. Firing from a place that is very secure but holds no value at all for your team, and you are only there to get kills for yourself, is also very selfish.

I have to disagree with this one. Say you're an archer in this position being "selfish." You're killing the enemy team, aren't you?? Good for your team! Yay! And even if you're not, you're adding something that the other team has to try to counter. A forest full of these guys back in the day was called an ambush for a reason. It's a tactic as much as flanking is.

If I had one of these guys on my team, I'd go protect him cuz I'd know that the other team hated his guts.

I know seriously its not always about personal glory ahaa
its for the better you dont ussually kill enemies with one hit (infantry) so might as well take some assits from the archer

Back
Top Bottom