Glitch Exploitation

Users who are viewing this thread

"In warband it seems as if horse archers survives the longest (if you have a courser it makes it easier ahaa) just remeber to go pick up your arrrows ^_^"

Though not nearly as bad as glitching, kabooking in Warband is conclusive proof that Khergits are as aggravating to play against in multiplayer as they are in singleplayer.  :wink:

RoyaleWithCheese said:
Though not nearly as bad as glitching, kabooking in Warband is conclusive proof that Khergits are as aggravating to play against in multiplayer as they are in singleplayer.  :wink:

They never had courser horse archers though so it wasn't even that challenging.

PsykoOps said:
Lol, are you actually saying that archers who use defensive positions are 'cowardly'??? I lolled but then I was like...  :roll:
Cowardly is actually the wrong word, I'll admit. 'Selfish' is a better term.

And there are differences in 'defensive positions'. Firing from a castle wall is very acceptable. Firing from a place where no one can see you is cowardly and selfish. Firing from a place that is very secure but holds no value at all for your team, and you are only there to get kills for yourself, is also very selfish.

Kevlar said:
RoyaleWithCheese said:

They never had courser horse archers though so it wasn't even that challenging.

You can do that now ^_^

ahaa

just hate how people kill my beautiful white horse when i go refill arrows!

But just i hate horses when I am a infantry ahaaa

kingofnoobia said:
PsykoOps said:
Lol, are you actually saying that archers who use defensive positions are 'cowardly'??? I lolled but then I was like...  :roll:

Ahaa diff opionions based of player playstyles ahaa

Wu-long said:
kingofnoobia said:
PsykoOps said:

And there are differences in 'defensive positions'. Firing from a castle wall is very acceptable. Firing from a place where no one can see you is cowardly and selfish. Firing from a place that is very secure but holds no value at all for your team, and you are only there to get kills for yourself, is also very selfish.

I edited, fixed it in your quote

kingofnoobia said:
Wu-long said:
kingofnoobia said:
PsykoOps said:

I edited, fixed it in your quote

You did?

kingofnoobia said:
"How dare you try to win!"

kingofnoobia said:
Firing from a place where no one can see you is cowardly and selfish.
Unless you're exploiting a glitch, this sounds like a sound strategy to me. Unless he has some meat shields infantry on hand, an archer would best served by being as inconspicuous as possible. Especially in a losing battle.
kingofnoobia said:
Firing from a place that is very secure but holds no value at all for your team, and you are only there to get kills for yourself, is also very selfish.
"Holds no value for your team"? Defined as what? If they're in a position to get some kills, then their location is pretty darned valuable. Battles in particular are not won by an individual's kill count; having an archer in a good sniping location can often soften up the enemy for the rest of your warband.

@Wu-long: Use the edit button instead of double posting. It draws less ire from the mods.

Oic thanks for telling me didnt know i had a double post

archers are actually quite hard to play once the infantries find you

the best way to take them out is have several players with good shields rush in

that cant shoot three people at a time can they?

(Unless their Legalous ^_^)

kingofnoobia said:

This isn't useful. What am I to get out of this post except "Things which I don't like have some overarching negative norm value, which you, too, should agree with at face value." This is a fine assertion but an assertion requires a defense.

Cormac BAMC said:
kingofnoobia said:

This isn't useful. What am I to get out of this post except "Things which I don't like have some overarching negative norm value, which you, too, should agree with at face value." This is a fine assertion but an assertion requires a defense.

Defense is quite hard for pure archers ahaa

vette_fiets said:
if archers could cary only 1 bag of arrows there would be no problem
at least i think so

best archers are horsed ones ahaa with three bags then after your done go to the battle fielld and pick some dead guys stuff you know the sword shield and maybe retreive some msisles

You rarely need more than one bag of arrows. It's much easier than it used to be to grab arrows out of the ground and walls. In fact, I like to leave a slot open so that I can easily loot a shield.

Cormac BAMC said:
kingofnoobia said:

Heh you can perfectly disagree, but I can still say I find sniping selfish. Like all posts in a forum, it's an opinion, not a law. It's simply a matter of respect for your enemies. If you snipe people down, they don't have any fun. If you die in a duel or a large battle, you have had the fun of the fight.

And as I said, there are differences in turtling. Firing from a castle wall is perfectly acceptable, it is really necessary for your team to hold the wall. But I find it very selfish to sneak around the enemy army and fire in their backs from a place where they can barely see you. First, you are of no use to your team, because by the time you sneaked around them you could have done much more useful stuff. You will get 1-3 easy kills, before they know where you are, but you could have used your time for helping out your teammates. On top of that, snipers do not care about other people having fun, they only care about themselves.

I just find sniping selfish because I care about other players having fun.

on a battlefield, in war, sniping is a valid use of manpower.  it's a tactic used in every culture.  i understand what you're saying, but i must disagree.  the object is to eliminate your enemy while staying alive.  strategy and tactics vary as much as there are commanders who devise them, and one of the things i'm looking forward to is the application of genuine battle tactics in warband... there will be snipers, count on it.  it's not always selfish motivation, though i agree it often can be. but once the full version is released, i predict many groups of players will play as a team using tactics, which will include snipers, to win the scenario.
ta

TalonAquila said:
on a battlefield, in war, sniping is a valid use of manpower.  it's a tactic used in every culture.  i understand what you're saying, but i must disagree.  the object is to eliminate your enemy while staying alive.  strategy and tactics vary as much as there are commanders who devise them, and one of the things i'm looking forward to is the application of genuine battle tactics in warband... there will be snipers, count on it.  it's not always selfish motivation, though i agree it often can be. but once the full version is released, i predict many groups of players will play as a team using tactics, which will include snipers, to win the scenario.
ta
As I said, if it really fits into team tactics, I hold nothing against it (or at least, less). But I will not base my own tactics on realism. This is a game, it is for fun. Irl, of course you would do anything to stay alive and kill the enemy, because your life is at stake.Here the only penalty for dying is giving your enemy some money and some respawn time. So I will not try to let my character live very long if it completely ruins the fun of other people. I would rather be somewhere in the middle of the rankings knowing that I have not played like a coward, than being on top by sniping people (who could very well be much better than me). I can't expect people to agree with me, but this is just my opinion in gaming. I even don't shoot people in the back in other games if it is not necessary (allright I do it when they have overwhelming numbers, or if the person in question is a sniper himself).

In clan wars I can fully understand somewhat more underhanded tactics (clan wars are always more competitive than normal games), though even there I would only apply them reluctantly.

Faranox said:
I agree that abusing a glitch within a beta test to win a game is quite unproductive.
One of our primary tasks within a beta is to identify and describe issues like glitches.  If a player finds a new glitch he should; (1) announce it to all in chat, (2) exploit it fully to see how it behaves, (3) take screenshots, (4) post about it in the glitch thread, and (5) not try using it again until the next beta version is released.

Back
Top Bottom