Glancing and hit consistency

Users who are viewing this thread

Thrax1

Regular
Every weapon except maces have a pretty inconsistent hit box. Nothing is more frustrating than to “beat” your opponent, swing for 5 damage (and more importantly not getting a stun) to then be hit back. In warband it seemed like if you glanced it was your usually your fault, in Bannerlord, it’s just more inconsistent.

It's the absolute worst on spears and is probably the biggest reason as to why they're so trash for anything other than rearing a horse. In my experience too, it seems that 2handed weapons rarely ever glance compared to 1handed, and I would've thought it'd make sense to be the other way around.

Lance hits bouncing off was a huge problem but they fixed it with 1.5.5, I haven't noticed any bouncing off yet BUT spears on horseback are kinda bad now idk what happened but they played with hitboxes and ****ed them up a little bit there have been times I've seen my spear hit the targets head and count as a miss, also when spear hits from a certain angle it %90 of the time I think the tip misses the target and deals like 10 damage and makes blunt noise, very annoying.
Spears seem to have gone a bit worse with 1.5.5 I hope they fix their inconsistency before BEAST 4.

I find hits if anything don't bounce off enough as you can hit on almost any part of the swing (which is about a 270 degree arc around you) with very free turning as well. But this is preferable to earlier version where bounces were frequent and unpredictable.

I don't know if they can improve it much without shortening the arcs of the swings a bit.

Back
Top Bottom