Gladiator Mod FAQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Highlander

Marquis
post questions to the mod here.

for which version of M&B is this?
it requires 0.80x, no other versions will work with it.
how do I install the mod
download the mod here
open the installer, browse to your module folder and install. That's it.
how can I recruit troops?
the only way is to raid villages/villas
how can I join the tournaments
There are two different types:
1) in every town there is one man who you can ask to join the small tournaments, you can rise your relationship to the romans by winning them.
2) if your relationship is big enough, you get invited to large combats (you will get a message that tells you to go to the arena master)
When I boot up Gladiator Mod, it launches Native, how can I fix this?
With a few people, the drop down bar is backwords. You need to launch the module that has the helmet with a plume for a image. http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/619/maingladiatorzl0.png
What ports go to what town?
mapwithcitys.jpg

Red:                      Port name: Africa                      Destination: Carthago
Yellow:                  Port name: Sardinia                    Destination: Calaris
Blue:                    Port name: Corsica                    Destination: Aleria
Green:                  Port name: Ostia                        Destination: Rome
Gray:                    Port name: Sicilia                      Destination: Syracusae
Brown:                  Port name: none                        Destination: Ancona
Lime Green:          Port name: none                        Destination: Genua
Purple:                  Port name: none                        Destination: Aquileia
Black:                    Port name: none                        Destination: Nicropolis
What benefits do you receive from increasing your popularity with roman folk/roman nobles from arena fights?

Eventually, after you get both above 50, you will recieve invites from various citys to compete in the large scale battles, and recieve a great amount of money.
What benefits do you receive from attacking romans? What consequences from losing popularity from roman civils/roman... i forget which?
You dont receive any benefits from killing romans, however when you kill the trainer in Rome, you get some followers who can then build a extra fort. You also can never fight in the arena again after you rebel.
Is there a storyline?

No, however later on, we might make one.

This is a Work in Progress. As questions, and they will be answered here.

I will add some also. I can add what each island is called, and where each trip by boat will bring you.

Might there be a way to rejoin?  like if you really want to, you could either Surrender and Be made a slave again or something? 

wouldn't be very realistic would it? If you know a good story how a rebelling slave could persuades the romans not to kill him, tell me.

Yeah, but from someone wanting to play...or how about just being captured and they just make you a slave again...you could lose everything, so there would be consequences...

What benefits do you receive from increasing your popularity with roman folk/roman nobles from arena fights?
What benefits do you receive from attacking romans? What consequences from losing popularity from roman civils/roman... i forget which?
Is there a storyline?

Highlander said:
wouldn't be very realistic would it? If you know a good story how a rebelling slave could persuades the romans not to kill him, tell me.

Realism is only desirable from my viewpoint when it doesn't adversely affect gameplay.....don't get me wrong, i'm damn impressed and I applaud the hard work and creativity that went into this; but I think the game needs more advancement options than either being a lone gladiator or immediately having giant groups of roman badasses on you once you take a town and get some troops.

Maybe it's a balance issue, I took the villa near Rome at around level 5 once I could afford a horse and had some rocks to throw (took forever lol), and now i'm screwed, I cant realistically take anyone more than the same groups of  runaway slaves I was levelling on; and cant go anywhere.

Satyr said:
Is there a storyline?

Added to FAQ.

Thanks. I think this should be in minor suggestion but winning titles for yourself would be awesome or the choice of battles later on the more popular you are and receive titles based on your popularity and/or choice whether murrillo or retarius or pugio. Great game so far btw.

hey! I got the problem with the native version launching in, and unfortunately i did not understand your explanation. How do you launch your module? I just go, Current Setting: Gladiator mod, and doesnt work.

Thanks in advance.

First, did you installed it in your module map?

And then, if you launch native, there should be a box on top were you can choose wich module (mod) you want to play in.

Back
Top Bottom