Glad that beta version was tested before going live /sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread

For the record let me give his entire quote in case someone feels he's suggesting something else and that I'm misreading things:

Thanks for lots of feedbacks and new feature ideas. I am reading all however our current plan is to make game more exciting and balanced by adding small additions. Adding new complex features can be our goal at next steps and as I know native will not be complex especially in terms of trade systems. In Warband trade systems were not detailed too even way more basic compared to Bannerlord. Modders can add these features and create their trade / caravan oriented mods. Game is already so detailed and adding every new detail make things a bit harder. Probably in first months adding new trade features will not be our primary target. As you see in patch notes nowadays we generally fix bugs / crashes or change small things to make game balanced. However by changing small things or formulas you can lose your caravans more or see more caravan involved battles on map. This will balance things a bit and increase battle variety at map.

You can find it on mexxico's profile as well from Monday.

Yeah, I was in the thread that time and I sort of disregarded this post hoping that, eventually, TW can maybe actually consider putting some depth to the game when the basic stuff is done. For sure I'll be disappointed if in a year I need to browse hundreds of mods for what I want from the game.

Like... maybe they could justify it if it wasn't a full-priced game, but right now there is no excuse to not push it much further than Warband...

Whatever.
Truth is they're probably dealing with a team of unexperienced developers (which would explain a lot) and don't want to risk anything and limit themselves.

I wouldn't expect too deep of an economic system in what is essentially a 'hack 'n' slash RPG'. Perhaps the meaning was taken out of context? Maybe it's just saying it's not going be a full blown Victoria 2 or other Paradox game style economy management... but deeper than Warband?

For the record let me give his entire quote in case someone feels he's suggesting something else and that I'm misreading things:

You can find it on mexxico's profile as well from Monday.

Did you just ignore the whole part about adding new complex features will be the goal at the next step? The reason they don’t put so many complex features on these sandboxes is because everyone wants it different, that’s what mods are for. If warband released with all of Pendors features a lot of people would be complaining about annoying game systems.

I wouldn't expect too deep of an economic system in what is essentially a 'hack 'n' slash RPG'. Perhaps the meaning was taken out of context? Maybe it's just saying it's not going be a full blown Victoria 2 or other Paradox game style economy management... but deeper than Warband?
I really hope so man, it's just that he says this right after a bunch of people ask for some additional depth to caravans to make it more difficult but generally more entertaining, I really hope he's saying what you are pretty much and not just saying "Don't look at us for depth, we have modders for that."

some additional depth to caravans to make it more difficult but generally more entertaining
This is the reason why TaleWorlds shouldn’t go too in depth in any one system. I want to be able to send out a caravan and not have to min max it, if they forced me to manage all types of dumb mechanics in order to make 50 gold a day from it I would hate that mechanic. There’s other people that would love it and that’s great for them, you’ll get it in a mod.

Did you just ignore the whole part about adding new complex features will be the goal at the next step? The reason they don’t put so many complex features on these sandboxes is because everyone wants it different, that’s what mods are for. If warband released with all of Pendors features a lot of people would be complaining about annoying game systems.
Most people didn't necessarily ask for overkill ''complexity''. Just a functional self-sustaining economy, more options of management and better, logical interactions between the different factions parties and such things.

Most people didn't necessarily ask for overkill ''complexity''. Just a functional self-sustaining economy, more options of management and better, logical interactions between the different factions parties and such things.

Look at the caravan thread, the stuff they suggested is just unfun. Threads with suggestions like that for various systems (There’s a lot of them) would make this game into ck2 jr which, even though I love ck2, is the last thing I want! Part of the reason Bannerlord has had such a large launch and good reception from new players is because it’s so accessible and casual. I’m afraid a lot of the suggestions on the threads I read in these forums would result in a game where I spend 8 hours flipping between menus for every 30 minutes of battle

Look at the caravan thread, the stuff they suggested is just unfun. Threads with suggestions like that for various systems (There’s a lot of them) would make this game into ck2 jr which, even though I love ck2, is the last thing I want! Part of the reason Bannerlord has had such a large launch and good reception from new players is because it’s so accessible and casual. I’m afraid a lot of the suggestions on the threads I read in these forums would result in a game where I spend 8 hours flipping between menus for every 30 minutes of battle
I agree there should be lines and it shouldn't be overly complex, but there is no reason to make it too simple and just slap everyone with a ''modders will take care of it''.

This is the reason why TaleWorlds shouldn’t go too in depth in any one system. I want to be able to send out a caravan and not have to min max it, if they forced me to manage all types of dumb mechanics in order to make 50 gold a day from it I would hate that mechanic. There’s other people that would love it and that’s great for them, you’ll get it in a mod.
Wasn't half the idea behind Bannerlord to expand upon Warband though? I mean sure, I don't want this game to turn into a Hearts of Iron III level spreadsheet simulator, that's why we have Paradox Interactive after all, but it would also be ridiculous to add literally nothing compared to Warband after we, as Karl says, paid 50 bucks for what was promised to expand upon Warband in almost every way.

I agree there should be lines and it shouldn't be overly complex, but there is no reason to make it too simple and just slap everyone with a ''modders will take care of it''.

That’s true but it’s early and personally, I think all this game is missing is some optimization/balancing while expanding dynasty/clan, diplomacy and trade a bit and adding a lot more quests. Min maxing caravans is not what this game needs

Wasn't half the idea behind Bannerlord to expand upon Warband though? I mean sure, I don't want this game to turn into a Hearts of Iron III level spreadsheet simulator, that's why we have Paradox Interactive after all, but it would also be ridiculous to add literally nothing compared to Warband after we, as Karl says, paid 50 bucks for what was promised to expand upon Warband in almost every way.

I think they’ve laid the basis of that expansion. Graphics goes without being said but the new leveling system, clan/dynasty mechanics, siege mechanics, ui, Armies, kingdom policies are all good additions and if they flesh them out through early access I think it’s easily worth $50. I already have over 100 hours played that’s $2 an hour for entertainment, I won’t be surprised if I get over 500 by release which is 10 cents for each hour of entertainment. Well worth it.

I think they’ve laid the basis of that expansion. Graphics goes without being said but the new leveling system, clan/dynasty mechanics, siege mechanics, ui, Armies, kingdom policies are all good additions and if they flesh them out through early access I think it’s easily worth $50. I already have over 100 hours played that’s $2 an hour for entertainment, I won’t be surprised if I get over 500 by release which is 10 cents for each hour of entertainment. Well worth it.
Well I'd say let's just agree to disagree then, while I don't want min-maxing caravans there's also a lot that's missing in my opinion and honestly if I had seen this and known that was literally everything that they have for us in terms of gameplay systems... well I definitely would still have an extra $40 in my pocket. I don't expect that they'll just leave this with no further additions but it's scary to me that there's even a possibility of that.

That’s true but it’s early
That's why I'm not freaking out completely just now. I reckon there's still pleeeenty of time to work on the game, and they can still be working on it after official full game release, but in the ultimate possibility of seeing them just handing out the game to modders in the end, I'd be cringing a bit.

And good on you if you play the game a lot, but I personally haven't played in a few days because I feel a lack of involvement in the different aspects of the game as of now and I'm waiting for more development. There's only so much you can do in the game right now, and there's always not so nice surprises at times, but yes, it's early release. I'm part of the first persons to tell people that in nerd rage threads.

I probably had a couple thousand of hours clocked in Warband. $50 for the sequel, yeah that's a bargain for me.

People should remember that if they don't like a particular feature or mechanic, then there will most likely be a mod that addresses it in future. That's a good thing, most games aren't as moddable as M&B games. I'm glad they've released this build finally, it gives modders something to work with.

I just reverted from the beta (1.2) to 1.1 because of this after having a game ruined, but it seems that it was useless then? We need to revert to 1.0.9 to have the game economy working properly? It would have been strange to launch a major bug in the beta version already but in the stable one also? Not just that but moreover all characters lost their eyebrows while I was trying the beta version as well.
You're still better off because 1.2 messed up simulated battles and now looters will kill your t5 troops even if it's 100 vs 10.

You're still better off because 1.2 messed up simulated battles and now looters will kill your t5 troops even if it's 100 vs 10.
Looters can kill units in autoresolve now? Nice, there's even more grinding since now if I want to keep my units safe I have to fight every single battle. More loading screens, more time spent in battles sitting around looking at my phone while my men kill the hundredth looter group that night.

Sigh

Looters can kill units in autoresolve now? Nice, there's even more grinding since now if I want to keep my units safe I have to fight every single battle. More loading screens, more time spent in battles sitting around looking at my phone while my men kill the hundredth looter group that night.

Sigh
and even more trying to get your recruits XP without getting killed. We NEED a Trainer skill again, and not the sorry excuse of a perk we have now.

I swear the devs are just coming up with changes and throwing them out there to see what happens without any real planning.

and even more trying to get your recruits XP without getting killed. We NEED a Trainer skill again, and not the sorry excuse of a perk we have now.
At this point I refuse to play without mods. It takes a minimum of about 5 mods to change the game to a state that makes it even remotely enjoyable and not just a massive annoyance at how long things take, and even with those I pretty much just stopped playing earlier when I tried a new game and after 5 hours of grinding I still was at clan tier 1 and was barely able to keep up with my army wages (that I have to keep driving up to get to the point where I can fight lords and get out of that early-game hell).

Back
Top Bottom