GK NA Battle Feedback

Users who are viewing this thread

There are separate settings for ranged and melee reflective, so I could have ranged at a higher percentage to discourage randomly firing into crowds.
Are there timer settings these days? I think I remember Warband GK servers having a timing window so your first teamhit was teamdamage, then became reflective if you did it again within 30 seconds or something?

Are there timer settings these days? I think I remember Warband GK servers having a timing window so your first teamhit was teamdamage, then became reflective if you did it again within 30 seconds or something?
There's no config setting for that. I don't remember reflect working that way in NeoGK either but it has been a long time since I played with reflect on there.

love the GK servers, their legacy is awesome, but Battle got old, when will everybody else go back to TDM or Siege or when will GK have their own TDM server like in the warband days

Im in favor of keeping the skirmish maps on high pop because its some of the only times you can get a good infantry fight going without it being completely dominated by 40 cav on each team. The captain maps just turn into a Knight fest where the best players on each team are forced to go cav for their team to have a chance.

Bring back Xauna, cut some of the larger maps that become walking simulators unless you're cav (desert one in particular)

75-100% reflective damage team damage on range
50% reflective team damage on melee

Turn the corpse count down/off

if votekicking works now there should be no problem with the absence of reflect damage, if only it could show the percentage of team damage in the kick poll like other games
Unfortunately bannerlord still contains not just toxic individuals but toxic groups as well who will band together in solidarity to kick a player who shot, or hit someone accidentally. Essentially keeping people from playing due to being butt hurt.

love the GK servers, their legacy is awesome, but Battle got old, when will everybody else go back to TDM or Siege or when will GK have their own TDM server like in the warband days
Thank you! I'm glad you've enjoyed our servers. We have tested running 2 instances on our servers and it's very likely we'll be able to run a TDM and battle server. I'm not sure about a 3rd. We're all big fans of Siege and would love to support a siege server as well, however there is a current problem with population. While the BL population would support all 3 servers on the weekends, we're only getting 60-80 people during the weekdays. If we split that 3 ways we may very well come up with a population number that falls short of siege requirements... as it's very tough to develop siege maps that work smoothly with only 20 players (10 attackers/10 defenders). Siege tends to shine with numbers +60. But so far the response to our Battle server has been very positive so I think a future siege server is possible. Just keep filling up the rosters and we'll do the rest :smile:

Brought 57 VK boys on to play last night and we had a blast! Some pretty big lag on some maps but that's not the server hosts fault hoping the devs manage to make it more stable in the upcoming patches.

Im in favor of keeping the skirmish maps on high pop because its some of the only times you can get a good infantry fight going without it being completely dominated by 40 cav on each team. The captain maps just turn into a Knight fest where the best players on each team are forced to go cav for their team to have a chance.

this; i really hate playing cavalry but in the larger maps cavalry is just so overpowered (too much hit-points for un-armored cavalry some have close to 300 hit-points which means you can hack at a horses face about 4-6 times to make it die making cavalry effective tanks that can park behind retreating infantry like a wall to prevent them from running) you have to play them

I recommend tk damage be 50/50. This eliminates the effectiveness of all trolling types, and makes it so the players don't have to worry about policing griefers, they can just focus on playing the game instead.

For maps, I find the captain maps to be just a bit too big, even with high player counts.

I recommend tk damage be 50/50. This eliminates the effectiveness of all trolling types, and makes it so the players don't have to worry about policing griefers, they can just focus on playing the game instead.

For maps, I find the captain maps to be just a bit too big, even with high player counts.
Meh I disagree. Better to fully disincentive archers from blind firing into melee rather than half ass it

Meh I disagree. Better to fully disincentive archers from blind firing into melee rather than half ass it
I heard that the settings for ranged/melee are independent. So it could be 50/50 for melee and all reflected for ranged attacks.

I think 50/50 melee Team Damage is alright for TDM, but it sucks in battle if someone runs into your 1v1 and you die from team hitting. Especially with swing arcs as wide as they are in BL. Better to just ban serial offenders IMO.

CRPG had a pretty good system in that if you were TK'ed you were allowed to either forgive or "punish" (can't remember if it was called punish) the person responsible.

If the player elected "punish" this would make the TKer have to sit out the NEXT round (unable to play only spectator). If they continue to rack up X amount of team kills it would then kick them from the server and ban them X mins if I remember correctly. It also had a way to monitor re-joins so someone couldn't bypass the punishment.

Seems like the logs would could be monitored and system built into chat with chat commands.

I'd rather see a system like this than the constant VOTE spam popups that don't seem to be doing much right now

you can pretty much eliminate 100% of teamkilling by just permabanning duckie as soon as the admin tools exist.

He has certain people who are his Tics and he and his group try and usually fail to teamkill them over and over as soon as the round starts.

Back
Top Bottom