[GK] -- Golden Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
For ****s sake GK, do you even ban the original TKers?
??
From what I read, it sounds like someone accidentally tk'd this guy, this guy intentionally tk'd him back because his ego couldn't handle someone not apologizing to him, and he was punished accordingly. I can't say I would have handled it any differently.  :???:

Tumility said:
This is unacceptable behavior.  If this is how these guys run their servers, I don't need to play there.  They are one of the most stand-out servers as far as population goes, and they play great siege maps but I'm not going to play on a server where TKing without apologizing is permitted, and where corrective measures (TKing them in return) are dealt with by banning/kicking the person that was originally TKed.
GL finding a server to play on.

Asty said:
Question: do you ban the good players because there are not on you clan? Because I'm one of the best always on the top ten
Yes. It is gks's policy to ban any good player that dares to step foot in the sacred server.  :roll:

While it is true that I've seen admins kick/ban players for "hacking" (i.e. they're good) on several servers, I don't recall the last time that has happened on siege. I've seen some heavy hands as far as admins go, including myself. But for the most part, gk siege admins are fairly just or at times (like most admins) mistaken. I have seen several times a revenge tker banned for retaliating. I know it's hard, but the best thing is not attack back because it does confuse the admins, that being said ****POM! :razz: ok you know I had to slip that in there.  This is coming from someone that has spawn camped a tker for nearly an hour (before I was an admin)    :neutral: <hippocrite

I will say while not all gk admins are perfect, they do try to screen their admins and the chief admins keep a watch on the lesser admins to make sure they are doing their job. By the way, you may want to check and see if it was an auto ban. Sometimes swinging the 2spammer can get you in trouble.

In answer to your question, I've seen some admin mistakes here and there, but I've never seen a gk admin ban someone for being better than they are.

Tumility said:
If this is how these guys run their servers, I don't need to play there. 

Cya later then.

And like Snoop said, there are hundreds of people coming and going, we can't see who starts whatever fight. Don't TK, period. Just as similar, I'm not gonna force evryone to say sorry for every accident. It'd be crazy... just as crazy as TKing because someone didn't say sorry.

If it was a revenge TK, it's most likely an hour, if not you can always appeal the ban on our forums; Link is in OP.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
For ****s sake GK, do you even ban the original TKers?

Whenever I find them... The stories I could tell...

Tumility said:
Really disappointed to come here and read similar bull**** with these guys.  I play here all the time as Ras_Tullz0rz_the_Chopnificent and for the most part it's the primary server I play on.  I have always enjoyed their primarily siege-based (or totally siege based?) server and I like that there are skilled players that play there.

Until today I have not had any problems out of them.  Around a half an hour after midnight on 3/16/2013 I got kick/banned for teamkilling a fellow - a bottom of the board player - who TKed me and then didn't apologize.  I don't care if you speak another language, I don't care if stopping playing for a second to type gets you killed - if you TK me you apologize, period.  I always do it and it's the courteous thing to do.
Guys, he just revengetked someone who was a bottom of the board player, so its cool right?

Tumility said:
Really disappointed to come here and read similar bull**** with these guys.  I play here all the time as Ras_Tullz0rz_the_Chopnificent and for the most part it's the primary server I play on.  I have always enjoyed their primarily siege-based (or totally siege based?) server and I like that there are skilled players that play there.

Until today I have not had any problems out of them.  Around a half an hour after midnight on 3/16/2013 I got kick/banned for teamkilling a fellow - a bottom of the board player - who TKed me and then didn't apologize.  I don't care if you speak another language, I don't care if stopping playing for a second to type gets you killed - if you TK me you apologize, period.  I always do it and it's the courteous thing to do.

Interestingly enough, immediately after I killed the TKer I ran up and killed a GK member of the opposing team and was then kick/banned 3-4 seconds afterwards.

This is unacceptable behavior.  If this is how these guys run their servers, I don't need to play there.  They are one of the most stand-out servers as far as population goes, and they play great siege maps but I'm not going to play on a server where TKing without apologizing is permitted, and where corrective measures (TKing them in return) are dealt with by banning/kicking the person that was originally TKed.  I'm especially concerned that I was kick/banned only after making a GK member wait to respawn.  That is unsportsmanlike conduct to say the least.

There are too many other servers to play at with skilled player bases that frequent that server or homeworld that server.  If GK wants to lose a skilled player, a player that makes the game interesting, is courteous and is a team player, that's on them.

As I said above, I use to revenge tk like a madman, but I eventually realized that my revenge tking caused alot of confusion with the admins. When I actually became an admin I became fully aware of how difficult it was to determine who actually started the fight. I try not to take other peoples word "hey Snoop can you ban this guy?" I need to see it. If you are attacking teamates even in defense it looks like tking to an admin. Now, ideally, an admin would watch the situation for a while and try to discern the true culprit. However, when you're dealing with 90 players and a third of them are being asshats this becomes quite the difficult task.The best thing to do is stand there and let the turd kill you (it's just a ****ing game bro) then that makes him look bad and since he's probably already tked a few others; the admins will be hot on his trail.

findecanno said:
When being tked, stand there and block for 10 minutes. The tker will get bored and move on.

I dream of being as awesome as Beer one day.  :3

GK has a great server, please continue keeping it spectacular.  Haven't broken rules on Siege and then have never been banned.....  WAT?

Snoop said:
However, when you're dealing with 90 players and a third of them are being asshats this becomes quite the difficult task.The best thing to do is stand there and let the turd kill you (it's just a ******** game bro) then that makes him look bad and since he's probably already tked a few others; the admins will be hot on his trail.

This... the best way to get our attention if you are deliberately TKed is to ask for admins and/or put up a ban poll. By just ignoring the TKer (or practice blocking till they give up like beer) you make it much easier for an admin to figure out what's going on and respond to the situation. We do try to get admins who are online at a variety of times, but if you're stuck dealing with a Tker while no admins are available, you can still make use of polls and chat. You can also take screenshots (video is even better) of someone griefing, spamming, Tking or breaking other rules and submit them to our "ban appeals" board -- we will take it seriously and often give out retroactive bans if there's good evidence.

So basically... there is no good reason to retaliate for TKing on siege. Sounds like you were temp banned @Tumility but otherwise you can always post an appeal on our forums (link in the OP)

Only have been kicked once, it was during one of those siege events that you guys USED TO run ( :cry:). I got thirteen enemy kills just by shooting a barrel of boiling oil, and then I got cocky; I tried it again, and though I killed seven enemies, I also got three allies. Damn auto kick. I was 23-0 within the first two minutes of the match, and it was all ruined. :mad:

Luckily I have never been banned.

Bohemond of Antioch said:
Only have been kicked once, it was during one of those siege events that you guys USED TO run ( :cry:). I got thirteen enemy kills just by shooting a barrel of boiling oil, and then I got cocky; I tried it again, and though I killed seven enemies, I also got three allies. Damn auto kick. I was 23-0 within the first two minutes of the match, and it was all ruined. :mad:

Luckily I have never been banned.
Bo you've only been kicked once? You're NO Rebel!

btw this
findecanno said:
When being tked, stand there and block for 10 minutes. The tker will get bored and move on.

Ok I just downloaded the bundle and Installed the light version in E:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Native  but when I play in multiplayed, there are some sounds missing. Is that normal?

Thank you

Wormattack said:
Ok I just downloaded the bundle and Installed the light version in E:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Native  but when I play in multiplayed, there are some sounds missing. Is that normal?

Thank you

Go through the ReadMe.  I believe it states that you must download and install the full version and then the light version. 

Edit: I understand the business about not being able to see every occurrence of TKing, but I made multiple statements in general chat about being TKed, and requesting an apology.  It happened when there was 2-3 minutes left in the round and I played the round out before waiting for the round to restart and TKing the guy.

Polls rarely result in a banning/kicking because most people, myself included, tend to vote 2 unless it's obvious that someone is TKing.

If and/or when I feel like playing at GK again I'll consider submitting a report at the forums.  For now I'd rather look around for other places where I can in fact kill people who accidentally kill me and refuse to say "I'm sorry about that", like I will do whenever I mistakenly kill a teammate.  Seems balanced to me.

Tumility said:
Edit: I understand the business about not being able to see every occurrence of TKing, but I made multiple statements in general chat about being TKed, and requesting an apology.  It happened when there was 2-3 minutes left in the round and I played the round out before waiting for the round to restart and TKing the guy.

Polls rarely result in a banning/kicking because most people, myself included, tend to vote 2 unless it's obvious that someone is TKing.

If and/or when I feel like playing at GK again I'll consider submitting a report at the forums.  For now I'd rather look around for other places where I can in fact kill people who accidentally kill me and refuse to say "I'm sorry about that", like I will do whenever I mistakenly kill a teammate.  Seems balanced to me.

Just because you request him to say sorry doesn't make it required.

Thanks for letting us know the ban was justifed for premeditated teamkilling, however.

Golradir said:
tjv1066 said:
Well GK is a **** clan that bans you for no reason so don't join those dumbass *******

take that gk!  :shock:

Such slander  :roll:
Edit : libel? I think i meant libel.

Please, i beg for unban me from GK siege server.

My nickname is Zyntha, someday i was tking people when the rounds ends.

Im sorry, i learned my lesson.

Back
Top Bottom