Giving quests to your companions?

Users who are viewing this thread

I´ve stolen this from reddit but I like the idea and I don´t think I´ve seen this suggestion here (as it if matters *lol*):

It would be really nice if we could give some small and simple quests (or better objectives) to our companions or clan members, simple but useful stuff like:

- Gather X food
- Gather X war horses / horses
- Clear a specific bandit camp
- Recruiting troops for you

Example:

Like you could send a companion who is in your party to the next towns and he´ll buy the required amount of stuff x for you and then returns. He shouldn´t be able to be attacked, maybe just let him vanish for the required time and then he returns with the required item. Of course you have to pay for the items, more than if you would have bought them yourself and it needs of course some time. Needs to be balanced like he can only buy like 10 horses in one go or something like that.

Or clearing a bandit camp for you, in this case you have to give him troops and the outcome can be good (give him good troops) or bad (give him low level troops). If he loses he would still return to you but your troops will be gone, something like that.

What do you think?

Last edited:
It would be really nice if we could give some small and simple quests (or better objectives) to our companions or clan members, simple but useful stuff like:

- Gather X food
- Gather X war horses / horses
- Clear a sapecific bandit camp
- Recruiting troops for you
Yes 100%
This reminds me of my last warband playthrough before Bannerlord... It really was the feeling of giving the orders... sending people to other kingdoms and such...
Doesn't need to be anything complex.. Simple things are what is gonna bring back the soul..

A good suggestion and reminds me of Warband when you'd send companions out to spread the word about your intentions of becoming king. It could be a similar mechanic where they just leave your party for a few days and come back with supplies, recruits, better relations with notables, or even trade rumors!

Yeah that would be useful and it's very fun to boss npcs around, bannerlord lord needs much more bossing NPCs around. Outside of armies we have basically no bossing npcs around. A Dev asked before in one of my complaints "well aren't they an independent party? Shouldn't they make there own decisions?" No, my decisions are about 100X more interesting to and useful to me!

I think the npc's should be in a balance kind of thing, like you can order them around, but at the same time they're more or less independent... just like rdr2 horses hehe

A huge +1!!!!
Mechanics for this is already in the game. The "Send companion to do this mission" alt-way. Just state what kind of skills is helping, what troops are needed for a good success-chanse and dispatch them!! It can use the questlog - it can even be quests in a technical definition!

It could be a way to level associated skills for companions.

Yeah that would be useful and it's very fun to boss npcs around, bannerlord lord needs much more bossing NPCs around. Outside of armies we have basically no bossing npcs around. A Dev asked before in one of my complaints "well aren't they an independent party? Shouldn't they make there own decisions?" No, my decisions are about 100X more interesting to and useful to me!
It's a fundamental between what people on these forums have been asking for and what they want to produce. TW is all about streamlining the "experience".

Great idea! Being able to actually act as a clan leader, nobleman or king. This should extend to lords to some extent being able to command lords to do something or to stop doing something with the possibility of failure rates and relation loss or gain. This would be very helpful during founding a kingdom and taking fiefs you can get a caravan to supply a town with grain rather the player having to hustle up grain to stop loyalty and prosperity from draining.

No, they are not independent. If they were, I wouldn't be paying their parties wages.

+1
I personally would find it really useful if I could send a companion to recruit for example "a squad of 20 sturgian recruits/archers" while I am doing quests deep in Vlandian territory.

I do hope that TW will implement something like this soon™ as I believe it is common sense, otherwise..modders

+1
I personally would find it really useful if I could send a companion to recruit for example "a squad of 20 sturgian recruits/archers" while I am doing quests deep in Vlandian territory.

I do hope that TW will implement something like this soon™ as I believe it is common sense, otherwise..modders
Taleworlds and common sense are age-old enemies, my friend

Taleworlds and common sense are age-old enemies, my friend
True that.. but I try to stay optimistic. I feel like 1.7 was a very nice leap forward. In general I jump back into the game every two-three months and the progress achieved is usually impressive, at least to me

A Dev asked before in one of my complaints "well aren't they an independent party? Shouldn't they make there own decisions?" No, my decisions are about 100X more interesting to and useful to me!

Exactly! But companions should be independent too. So when they're not on a mission or following us around they can be doing their own thing. But When we give them an order, they better stop what they're doing and follow orders!

Pretty sure the developers said they don't want us having any control over companion parties, at most it would be aggressive or defensive which is what they added recently.

Back
Top Bottom