Giving orders to my party doesnt work.

Users who are viewing this thread

fumungus

Recruit
Hi.

First of all telling you thanks for the great job you did in this mod.

After that i wanna ask you how can i give orders to my party, i use the correct buttons, and sometimes works, but most times it doesnt.

For example i tell them F1 + F1, they should stop on my position, but they just run to the enemies, so when infantry gets into the battle most cavallery is allready dead.

I dont know if its a bug or if im doing something wrong.

Please if you know whats the problem, help me.

Just do the command over and over again until the group does what you want them to do.

If that doesn't work,  you might have to reinstall or something. F1+F1 worked perfectly fine for me.

Check this, all the players should know this tip because otherwise you won't be able to control your army ingame:

Leonidas300 said:
Press at start of every battle:  0, F4, F8 and your troops will be able to follow every of your orders

The issue is that, when your troops get in ranks, shieldwall, square, wedge formations they stand there. Use these formations when you are deffensive, if you want to charge or move your troops repeat the step that I posted at the start of the sentence.

Another tip, if you want a strong infantry formation press backspace and choose infantry and press many times "stand closer" so the infantry line will be stronger and much more useful. Also, don't charge with cavalry at start, wait until their infantry charges against yours infantry line, then take your cavalry and support your infantry attacking from backside of their infantry.

Also, I recommend the slowest in settings of combat speed because it makes a lot more tactical the battle and thus realistic.

Leonidas300 said:
Check this, all the players should know this tip because otherwise you won't be able to control your army ingame:

Leonidas300 said:
Press at start of every battle:  0, F4, F8 and your troops will be able to follow every of your orders

The issue is that, when your troops get in ranks, shieldwall, square, wedge formations they stand there. Use these formations when you are deffensive, if you want to charge or move your troops repeat the step that I posted at the start of the sentence.

Another tip, if you want a strong infantry formation press backspace and choose infantry and press many times "stand closer" so the infantry line will be stronger and much more useful. Also, don't charge with cavalry at start, wait until their infantry charges against yours infantry line, then take your cavalry and support your infantry attacking from backside of their infantry.

Also, I recommend the slowest in settings of combat speed because it makes a lot more tactical the battle and thus realistic.

Great tip - many thanks for posting this

Back
Top Bottom