Giving lords only castles

Users who are viewing this thread

hi, I read ofcourse in the FAQ and "tutorial", where it said it was smartest to give all (nearly all) the castles to your lords, and keep all the villages and towns for yourself.
I tried however to give a castle to one of my lords, but then he got a village too. Then I took away his village, so he only had the castle left. This made him get -38 relations with me :sad:

anyone has any suggestions on what to do?
what did I do wrong?

Diavolo said:
hi, I read of course in the FAQ and "tutorial", where it said it was smartest to give all (nearly all) the castles to your lords, and keep all the villages and towns for yourself.
I tried however to give a castle to one of my lords, but then he got a village too. Then I took away his village, so he only had the castle left. This made him get -38 relations with me :sad:

what did I do wrong?
Just leave him the village attached to the castle, lords need a bit of income too.
I don't know how big your country is but I had enough work (and money) with 6 cities and their villages.

I haven't played the current version but in older versions there was a problem that the lord didn't get an increase in relations (for the village) when he got the castle but got a decrease when you took the village away.

Diavolo said:
hi, I read ofcourse in the FAQ and "tutorial", where it said it was smartest to give all (nearly all) the castles to your lords, and keep all the villages and towns for yourself.

what did I do wrong?

That part of the FAQ is out of sync with the current SoD.  Lol - things move quickly around here!

Anyway, if you read the bullet points for 4.1 (I recommend reading them all - as they're all new relative to the FAQ), you'll see that Lords no longer appreciate Castles very much because they're a financial burden and no income.  So they're a net zero.  And I've done a lot in 4.1 to ensure that Lords NEED money from their fiefs.  And going forwards, they'll need it even more in 5.0.  So, yes, as a power-gamer choice for 4.0 the FAQ is good advice, but for 4.1 its a bad move, and in 5.0 it will be an abysmal move.

Mordachai said:
Diavolo said:

what did I do wrong?

That part of the FAQ is out of sync with the current SoD.  Lol - things move quickly around here!

Anyway, if you read the bullet points for 4.1 (I recommend reading them all - as they're all new relative to the FAQ), you'll see that Lords no longer appreciate Castles very much because they're a financial burden and no income.  So they're a net zero.  And I've done a lot in 4.1 to ensure that Lords NEED money from their fiefs.  And going forwards, they'll need it even more in 5.0.  So, yes, as a power-gamer choice for 4.0 the FAQ is good advice, but for 4.1 its a bad move, and in 5.0 it will be an abysmal move.
And new Demense Effectivity related to Administration skill will force a player to give away fiefs anyway :smile:

Mordachai said:
Diavolo said:

what did I do wrong?

Lol, I made it before 4.1 was in the making.
In 4.0 that was a very good strategy for making money, not anymore.  :grin:
I will add a warning at the starting that they should read all updates in 4.1 before reading the FAQ. And in V5 it should be manditory to give lords fiefs which should stop that.

In version 4.1 (march 31st edition) , there is still that -25 hit happening, but only sometimes.  Of course, this strategy will be obsolete soon.  Anyways, I get +10 for giving the castle(and village), -10 for taking back the village, then a message says the village likes me more, then another -25 from the lord.  It only happened three times out of 9 and after that I was just giving the whole thing away anyways.  All of my lords have villages now , for income.

Back
Top Bottom