Giving fiefs to companions question

Users who are viewing this thread

MaleMaldives

Recruit
So I just took my second castle, but have no vassals to give it to. Experimenting with trying to get one, I can't recruit a lord I think because i am war against two countries. So I messed around with giving fiefs to my companions, and was surprised to see that some say they will train special or get special units for me. Does this actually happen? This is a deciding factor for me, because it would be cool to see my companions running around the map in my name, but I would much rather have them with me for their reuse-ability in battle and training of units. Though if they have the unique ability to get me special units I can do without them, especially because I need lords. I am currently running the gambit of having every single companion, and using some for my party skills. Any other advice for my situation would be appreciated.

Special units? They get an army if their culture, period
Don't make nobles out of common people (all but the sires, Boadice and Ediz or Kassim), lords don't like that
Don't make the same mistake I did: making some companions become lords because they don't have any useful party skill, then realize too late that the guy who has the useful skill will leave because the companion he liked left
the party to be your vassal.

I don't think that companions get unique units at all, maybe your companion has been in a battle, and got some prisoners to join his party.

For example when giving a fief to Lethaldiran he says he will set up a center to train skilled assassins for you. Some other companions say similar things.

Ok thanks for the help. Here are two more questions. For your companion that sits in your court, does it matter who you choose. ie do their skills apply for anything? Next is there a way to increase chance of gaining peace with another country?

Danath said:
Don't make nobles out of common people (all but the sires, Boadice and Ediz or Kassim), lords don't like that

First post in the forums- looked around for a topic that fits my problem and found this one.

Started my own kingdom after ~400 days and I'm expanding pretty well. I eventually got to the point where I started looking for vassals that I have good relations with, but after reading this post, I decided to find the companions that were not in my group to whom I can extend vassalage upon. Found Boadice pretty quickly, along with Sir Jocelyn. I gave them both a few villages to lord over, but now I have come across a bit of a problem. Every lord I run into can't help but exclaim- in profound melancholy- that I am "nobilizing" the common man (Sir Jocelyn, in this case). This leads to a reputation hit with everyone that I run into, which is starting to be a bit of an annoyance.

Thankfully, I had an earlier save that I have not overwritten (albeit it was pre-rebellion, ~50 days ago) to load back to. My question is, which of our companions are considered noble-status? Boadice went over well, but Jocelyn- even with a Sir as his title- did not inspire the same confidence to other lords.

In most of my games, LordCountJarl Varius Legatusaurus always manages to be my number one fan, no matter which side I allied with or go to war against. Conveniently, Marius Imperator always assigns a castle or village to him near my holdings when I start my kingdom, so he has the passenger side seat on my ride to the top of the mountain (or the bottom of a ditch, whenever I somehow manage to piss off the other factions at the same time).

joseph2883 said:
I was actually curious if anyone has a favorite vassal that's non companion? So far I like lord burgundus. He seems sort of aggressive.

Doomseeker and koningur valis are both war hungry badasses.  They're going to be a pain to fight against when I succeed from the union.

NPC lords traits and personalities are dealt out randomly each new game. So the lord who is an agressive honorable chap may be a bickering moron the next game you play. So there´s no real comparision possible.

noosers said:
NPC lords traits and personalities are dealt out randomly each new game. So the lord who is an agressive honorable chap may be a bickering moron the next game you play. So there´s no real comparision possible.

Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom