Giving commands after a battle is now nonexistent

Users who are viewing this thread

IMHO, it was very poor design decision. If they wanted to represent that some soldiers would go around looting and pissing off when you ordered them to rundown a routing enemy, it should be tied to Troop Tier, overall Morale, or Perks. As others have suggested, making any offensive (Charge, Advance) commands after the "Enemy is retreating" state is reached (I assume there is some state change tracked in the code for battles) give you negative relationship or traits.

That would be immersive, not the current "yeah, just not going to let you do it" mess we have.

Interesting! I've only heard opposing arguments on this matter before.
You make a compelling argument for the sake of realism though.

And the looting animation would be very nice but I reckon that it'd also be difficult to implement. I dont know what bodies do once they ragdolled onto the ground, but having a different NPC walk up to its exact spot and start the animation sounds like something that could bug out or look glitchy. NPC's huddling up together to cheer or other post-battle actions could definetly add some more realism though.

You could just make it so once the battle is won troops either: chase the enemy, celebrate or pick up weapons that are close. (Like archers pickning up arrow)
And all units would have a 33% chance of each of these options.

You could just make it so once the battle is won troops either: chase the enemy, celebrate or pick up weapons that are close. (Like archers pickning up arrow)
And all units would have a 33% chance of each of these options.
This can also be tied with a leadership perk that increases the chance of troops following your commands/chasing enemy units.

Well I am glad others have the same opinion as me. Just figured they could have just added the option to turn it off or not. So far I have noticed that everyone charges in the end until all the enemy AI are either dead or retreated. I could be wrong on that part, if someone else could keep an eye out on that, as i am curious

What if part of the primary reason for this "feature" is to limit the number of prisoners you get, and in that way slightly affect the amount of cash you get from battles? After all, battles are easily the most profitable endeavor in game, by a very wide margin. Aside from straight up reducing the amount of loot you get, this way they gave you a slight hit to income from battles as well.

What if part of the primary reason for this "feature" is to limit the number of prisoners you get, and in that way slightly affect the amount of cash you get from battles? After all, battles are easily the most profitable endeavor in game, by a very wide margin. Aside from straight up reducing the amount of loot you get, this way they gave you a slight hit to income from battles as well.
Loot is hella more valuable though I've found. Most prisoners are usually low tier and garbage value.

Well I am glad others have the same opinion as me. Just figured they could have just added the option to turn it off or not. So far I have noticed that everyone charges in the end until all the enemy AI are either dead or retreated. I could be wrong on that part, if someone else could keep an eye out on that, as i am curious
Sadly you're either wrong or playing maybe an outdated version?

I play on 1.6.1. and fought several bandits yesterday and everytime there was this behaviour, that half of my troops stopped fighting and cheered and the other half tried to chase the enemy down.

There should be no cheering by troops, that still can reach the enemy somehow (either being faster than them with weapon in hand like Cavalry or being able to shoot them with ranged weapons).

Besides, you should still be able to issue commands, if parts of my Army want to cheer, fine, but I as their commander paying their salary and their food and giving them the possibility for another life besides being a ****ing farmer should be able to tell them to shut up and charge the enemy.

Imho this was an unnecessary change, the old solution, where troops only started to cheer AFTER the last enemy fighter left the field was better, it also gave me a moment to indulge in the cheering for RP reasons.
But this solution now is stupid, since I'm still in early game with my new save (just recently advanced to Clan Level 2), I'm myself the only "Cavalry" unit, so I'm the only one being able to actively chase down fleeing bandits.

I play with the Dismemberment mod lol, you think I take survivors?

Sadly you're either wrong or playing maybe an outdated version?

I play on 1.6.1. and fought several bandits yesterday and everytime there was this behaviour, that half of my troops stopped fighting and cheered and the other half tried to chase the enemy down.

There should be no cheering by troops, that still can reach the enemy somehow (either being faster than them with weapon in hand like Cavalry or being able to shoot them with ranged weapons).

Besides, you should still be able to issue commands, if parts of my Army want to cheer, fine, but I as their commander paying their salary and their food and giving them the possibility for another life besides being a ****ing farmer should be able to tell them to shut up and charge the enemy.

Imho this was an unnecessary change, the old solution, where troops only started to cheer AFTER the last enemy fighter left the field was better, it also gave me a moment to indulge in the cheering for RP reasons.
But this solution now is stupid, since I'm still in early game with my new save (just recently advanced to Clan Level 2), I'm myself the only "Cavalry" unit, so I'm the only one being able to actively chase down fleeing bandits.
Did I not say "Correct me if I'm wrong" lol. I'm on 1.6.1. I never said I agree with the change, only if what I said was right, which as you said wasn't.

You also said (that can still reach the enemy somehow (either being faster than them or ranged) have you ever thought maybe the troops I was talking about cant reach the enemy. Like I don't recall seeing any of my troops that are still in the range to detect the AI fleeing stopping to celebrate. I will have to look for that now. I do agree after all, I did make this post did I not. Yeah, we should be able to send the whole fleet if we wanted too, but if they have it where the troops that aren't in any path finding range of the enemy AI that cant catch anyone anyways cheering, I guess I'm fine with it. Always thought it was stupid to send a far away archer and see him running down someone on the other side of the map lol.

NOW if they made it where it was like before, but updated it (Ill explain) I think that would be better. Have it like before where we can still send all of our troops if the enemy is retreating, BUT have it (Like above) where if they cant shoot them, Hit them on foot, then they can cheer lol. Im going to assume back in the day in big, long battles, if you lived, you would be cheering also.

Back
Top Bottom