Give them a place to fight (New Servers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Patta

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hey everyone, if you want to host a new server, this is where you get the server templates.

Mediafire

You still need to change things like the name and password, but the settings for the game modes should not be changed!

Now the mirror works again.

The download button just redirects me to file-upload.net front page.
Could you upload it to Filefront, please?

It works fine for me, and I can't do it atm as my PC is down (Hard to down/upload something using an iPod :wink:) But someone else will do.

Something is very wierd. Like, I join in around 5 PM to play some Assassin Hunt, I play like 30 minutes with guys on the Servers, then, all the servers are empty for the rest of the day, i don't really know where are the people play i mean there are clans, there are many players who downloaded it, but just noone is playing it. Just Wierd  :sad:  . it's a VERY good mod, put a lack of players...

Fallen_Sorrow said:
Something is very wierd. Like, I join in around 5 PM to play some Assassin Hunt, I play like 30 minutes with guys on the Servers, then, all the servers are empty for the rest of the day, i don't really know where are the people play i mean there are clans, there are many players who downloaded it, but just noone is playing it. Just Wierd  :sad:  . it's a VERY good mod, put a lack of players...

Agreed. I think the problem is this mod is designed for multipayer... When people doesn't see anyone on the server, they don't want to join, because they don't want to wait for other players, they just want to join and play. There's really nothing to do if you are the only one around.

MariusThePaladin said:
Fallen_Sorrow said:

Agreed. I think the problem is this mod is designed for multipayer... When people doesn't see anyone on the server, they don't want to join, because they don't want to wait for other players, they just want to join and play. There's really nothing to do if you are the only one around.
It's true that the servers are empty most of the time.
However, when I join of the empty servers, what usually happens is that players start joining within a few minutes. It's because most players think the same way: "if it's empty, then I'm not joining", but once you join, the server gets populated again.
Just give it a try and join a server, then you can leave after 5 minutes if no one else joined.

+ 1.  Totally right, but this is no mod like pw where there are always players, and you have a world constantly going on, it's just to enjoy your time playing, and most people do so for 15 minutes and leave, then server gets empty again  :sad:

I will Keep my server up at Days Almost every day  :smile:. Name: Better_Together_AH  , yeah i know it's a Wierd name but give me suggestion and I shall call it like that  :wink: :smile:.

Edit: Sorry, but some people may expirience some Ping on the Server, but not too much (about 100).

I Suggest you change it to The_Guild_AH or Royal_Union_AH something like that  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for server, my clan and me maybe get a server up for some time [German IP, stable running from dedicated server, reasonable ping]

Troubles said:
MariusThePaladin said:
Fallen_Sorrow said:

It's true that the servers are empty most of the time.
However, when I join of the empty servers, what usually happens is that players start joining within a few minutes. It's because most players think the same way: "if it's empty, then I'm not joining", but once you join, the server gets populated again.
Just give it a try and join a server, then you can leave after 5 minutes if no one else joined.
Timezones. I'm from +2, I can sit around for 30 mins without anyone joining:sad:

Just found the mod today after a long break from warband. It looks really fun, but I haven't been able to find a populated server yet. Seems like we might need to organize some events on the forums to get a healthy server population going.

I will organise some events/rounds for sure, as I did it last Saturday. But normally, when you stay on the server for a bit, People start coming.

Hi guys! First of all congrats for such a nice mod. You have implemented this idea in a wonderful way.

I'm hosting a server but it lags a lot when more than three people enter the game. Can it be because the bots or something? Is there a way to fix it?

The high amount of bots could be the reason for the lags, but it could also be that the upload speed of the server is to low. Do you host it on a dedicated server or just on your computer? If you host it on a dedicated server you can lower the amount of bots with the round gold bonus ("set_round_gold_bonus") in your template file, by default it's set to 100, but if you lower the amount to much the town will be to empty, so be careful.

Edit by Patta: There was something weird, I corrected it.

Back
Top Bottom