GIVE THE MAJORITY OF PLAYERS WHAT THEY WANT: Fix Single-Player before doing anything else with multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to our cognitive biases and the way we respond to negative stimulation relative to positive, we tend to see the things we don't like, rather than notice the things we do like.

So if the devs are working on both MP and SP, but we prefer MP, then we're going to pay more attention to news that SP is being improved, because it incites a negative stimulus. And visa versa.

This is how mainstream news is often described as partisan by all sides of political debates - because we see the articles that make us angry rather than notice those that don't.
Yeah, the world is against us in supermarket as well...

TW watching this thread:

89c.gif

Multiplayer in general should have been released after the release of the Singleplayer, instead of spending time on it now and distracting developers from working through the single-player campaign.

So far, Bannerlord singleplayer has failed to provide the addictive joy and long term investment which was brought to life through simplistic, yet enjoyable "grind type" gameplay in Warband.
Despite lacking basic lore, Warband has sparked waves creativity which resulted in the creation of great content.

While Bannerlord has made attempts to establish its lore and core synopsis, it is yet to achieve the immersive level of the original game.
For some reason, despite all the attention that has been given to graphics, scene creation and map, it just feels uninspired and just overall generic next to warband's campy homerun campaign.

I don't want to be pessimistic, which is why I am not touching the game again before it is released properly, for now, however, this just doesn't feel like a Mount Blade game.

It's common knowledge that the huge majority of Mount and Blade players play for the singleplayer campaigns. The amount of missing features, bugs, lack of depth, and other bare-boned basic features this far into development is astounding to say the least. Worse yet, with every update that is done, the only actual improvements that are made are to multiplayer. STOP.

There have never been more than 200 people playing multiplayer online at a time. Why is that minority receiving more attention than the ever loyal and abundant singleplayer players? Is it not profitable enough for the developers? Have they all but rolled over to the trend of releasing half-baked games and expecting players to be content with pitiful updates every now and then?

I have hundreds of hours on this game and enjoy what is available, but as stated before, it is lacking in depth and remains extremely shallow. How long do I have to wait until I can actually ask characters something ("I have something to ask") other than "nevermind." How long do I have to wait for characters to show an ounce of personality that actually influences gameplay? How long do I have to wait to tell my leaders as a vassal of a vulnerable castle that we should capture? How long do I need to wait to be able to throw a feast at my settlement? How long do I need to wait to have companions that actually care about what decisions I make? How long do I have to wait for the actual developers to put as much as an ounce of the effort modders do into their own game?

I declare that the developers of this game have the DUTY of carrying on the incredible legacy that Warband left. The amount of time and continued unfocused efforts that are being made are disturbing and unacceptable. Swallow your pride and what you want and give those that pay you what they are asking for. Release the Bannerlord we were all hoping it would be.
if you think mp gets more updates than sp you are high as a kite

The Multiplayer i play is Bannerlord Online... a mod, surely not forbidden ( i hope:wink: ) but not really to much mentioned here. Anyway thats multiplayer development in the way would be fine also here for Talesworld... (my 'opinion'). But anyway if modder managing such a system ''functional'' why not in the main product... but thats a discussion more than 10 years ago also for Warband.
Vanilla i play really nearly only SP. And there i look even more on future (mainly historical) overhaul mods. Many folks complaining the speed of entire development but finally SP must be the main focus at least for my taste, because the vanilla online matches are not the gameplay i want... my preferences for online gameplay are more (also still a bit rudimentary) in the BO mod.

Maybe because they're still working on the SP one? Doesn't take much calories to use that brain of yours.
My claim all along is that their focus should be on SP first and then MP. You are literally supporting my point that if they are still working on SP, it should be their focus, not dropping MP updates. Doesn't take many calories to use that brain of yours.

My claim all along is that their focus should be on SP first and then MP. You are literally supporting my point that if they are still working on SP, it should be their focus, not dropping MP updates. Doesn't take many calories to use that brain of yours.
The 4 MP devs working on this update for the past 4 months surely is a great example of taleworlds focusing on the MP completely.

God, you're insupportable on how you keep ignoring the fact there are barely any devs working on the MP but go on to do a mental marathon on how they're "focusing" on it.

You're the worst kind of person on the forums it's baffling.

Literally the only change MP received since launch is some skins, and when they finally did something to MP and added some content, u come and cry bout it ? Do u have the retard in thine brain ?

It's common knowledge that the huge majority of Mount and Blade players play for the singleplayer campaigns. The amount of missing features, bugs, lack of depth, and other bare-boned basic features this far into development is astounding to say the least. Worse yet, with every update that is done, the only actual improvements that are made are to multiplayer. STOP.

There have never been more than 200 people playing multiplayer online at a time. Why is that minority receiving more attention than the ever loyal and abundant singleplayer players? Is it not profitable enough for the developers? Have they all but rolled over to the trend of releasing half-baked games and expecting players to be content with pitiful updates every now and then?

I have hundreds of hours on this game and enjoy what is available, but as stated before, it is lacking in depth and remains extremely shallow. How long do I have to wait until I can actually ask characters something ("I have something to ask") other than "nevermind." How long do I have to wait for characters to show an ounce of personality that actually influences gameplay? How long do I have to wait to tell my leaders as a vassal of a vulnerable castle that we should capture? How long do I need to wait to be able to throw a feast at my settlement? How long do I need to wait to have companions that actually care about what decisions I make? How long do I have to wait for the actual developers to put as much as an ounce of the effort modders do into their own game?

I declare that the developers of this game have the DUTY of carrying on the incredible legacy that Warband left. The amount of time and continued unfocused efforts that are being made are disturbing and unacceptable. Swallow your pride and what you want and give those that pay you what they are asking for. Release the Bannerlord we were all hoping it would be.

I understand that single-player may be the main draw for you (and many other players) but you should be aware that the SP and MP teams work independently from one another. And while there is some natural crossover, they don't actually disrupt the development work of each other.

I'm also unsure that we have ever actually released a patch that didn't include a number of updates to SP. For example, the 1.7.2 patch released today includes a feature that might appeal to you based on your comments above:
Prisoner Interaction:​
  • You can now interact with prisoners.
  • You can try to coax prisoners into defecting.
  • It is now possible to ask to talk to prisoners of other parties.
  • Fixes and improvements to dungeon guard dialogues.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the battle encounter menu to open when talking to a prisoner in a fellow army member’s party.

But with all that being said, I am just going to be straight with you here -- I respect the fact that you have put so many hours into the game and are passionate enough to take the time to come here to share your ideas and voice your concerns with us, but honestly, the overall tone of this post (and thread) is excessively rude and is simply not acceptable, so you can forgive me if we bring the conversation to a close there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom