SP - General Give me a reason to assign a governor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Emax

Recruit
Currently, there is zero tangible benefit to assigning a governor to your city or castle. Indeed, things run just as smoothly without one, and you don't have to hamstring the growth of any of your characters by leaving them there:

Cons of assigning a governor:

-This character effectively stops growing in skills. Sure, they get some steward. But that's it.

-If the character is a wife to your main character or other family members, then you are separating them from the other half of the baby making equation.

-They do not seem to do anything regarding siege defense (correct me if I am wrong) and only pose greater risk of loss by being there.

So, my first and biggest suggestion is that there needs to be some real opportunity for skill growth by being a governor. If I am going to give up a family member or companion then they should be gaining all sorts of skills: steward obviously, charm makes sense due to the political nature, so does trade since they are governing the economy. Engineering from build projects. And leadership, since it is a leadership position. And it should also be a given that they would participate in local tournaments, meaning small combat related skill boosts.

Second suggestion is that their presence should have a HUGE impact on siege defense. I'd say treat it the same as a party leader, factoring them into the battle and with all the skill bonuses they impart to the troops (another reason that their skills should continue growing while on the job)

hi

Governors grant bonuses to town they are in charge of according to their governor skill perks. every skill tree have a few governor perks, some of them might be particularly meaning according to town in question.

another reason is if the town is not matching your clans culture you will get a substantial loyalty malus. you can have a culture matching character be the governor and negate the loyalty penalty.

We are going over the the skill experience gains in general, thank you for letting us know. We are already making changes so governors will gain various other skills like engineer leadership trade etc albeit in a slower rate than stewardship but, I`ll make sure to go over governor skill experience gains in detail.

hi

Governors grant bonuses to town they are in charge of according to their governor skill perks. every skill tree have a few governor perks, some of them might be particularly meaning according to town in question.

another reason is if the town is not matching your clans culture you will get a substantial loyalty malus. you can have a culture matching character be the governor and negate the loyalty penalty.

We are going over the the skill experience gains in general, thank you for letting us know. We are already making changes so governors will gain various other skills like engineer leadership trade etc albeit in a slower rate than stewardship but, I`ll make sure to go over governor skill experience gains in detail.
is it be possible to let the governor perks stand out, of even better, concentrate them more in the steward tree. They are al over the place. It is a chore to level a character to become a good governor. Even with a character import export mod, you have to check every single skill tree.

As an addition I would like to suggest perks that give extra gameplay instead of +% changes. Like recruitable bandits, acces to formations, etc.

Last edited:
This is yet another example of very poor game design from TW. Currently you have four choices when it comes what to do with clan members:
  1. Have them in your party as an extra troop
  2. Have them in a town as a governor
  3. Have them in a town/village to boost relations
  4. Have them lead a party of their own
Of all these options, number 4 is always the right answer, because it gives you the most out of that clan member, specially since it costs no influence to have them join your army.

Option 2, as the OP has described, is really bad. The Governor perks are not that great and using them as a loyalty stick is not FUN. @cuce

Option 3 is even worse since relations with notables provide very little value. Recruiting is way too easy, though tedious, and noble troops can be more easily collected by upgrading bandits or from recruiting prisoners.

Option 1 is the only contender to Option 4 but a very far off one. Having clan members in your party means they can be captains of a formation. Except the game gives you 0 information about what that means, in quantitative terms. Whereas, having them as party is 100% clear what is the benefit I am getting.

Currently, there is zero tangible benefit to assigning a governor to your city or castle. Indeed, things run just as smoothly without one, and you don't have to hamstring the growth of any of your characters by leaving them there:

Cons of assigning a governor:

-This character effectively stops growing in skills. Sure, they get some steward. But that's it.

-If the character is a wife to your main character or other family members, then you are separating them from the other half of the baby making equation.

-They do not seem to do anything regarding siege defense (correct me if I am wrong) and only pose greater risk of loss by being there.

So, my first and biggest suggestion is that there needs to be some real opportunity for skill growth by being a governor. If I am going to give up a family member or companion then they should be gaining all sorts of skills: steward obviously, charm makes sense due to the political nature, so does trade since they are governing the economy. Engineering from build projects. And leadership, since it is a leadership position. And it should also be a given that they would participate in local tournaments, meaning small combat related skill boosts.

Second suggestion is that their presence should have a HUGE impact on siege defense. I'd say treat it the same as a party leader, factoring them into the battle and with all the skill bonuses they impart to the troops (another reason that their skills should continue growing while on the job)
This mod makes it possible to take control if one of you clan members enters a battle Should also work on governors. player switcher:https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2304?tab=posts&BH=2

Back
Top Bottom