Gifts ideas/discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

hessuu

Sergeant Knight
I have some stuff I'm planning on scripting for this mod, but I need to hear your opinion. What do you think of these ideas for gifts:

1. You can send gifts to any vassal or liege in the land.
- Should there be any limitations on who you can give gifts to?

2. You can't send money. Instead you have to buy some nice looking and expensive weapon, armor, horse or trade good and give that.
- I think it would be more interesting and realistic if you couldn't give money directly. Also if the equipment you give is better than the recipient currently has, he/she would actually use it in battles.

3. Your item is given to a servant party, who will travel to the recipient and hand it over.
- Should it be possible to personally hand them over? For some reason using a servant to deliver the gift sounds better to me.

4. You can choose if the gift is a personal or national gift. Personal gift only increases your standing with the person it is given to, but national gift to a foreign king increases your faction's relation with that kingdom and may even lead to a peace treaty.
- Is this realistic?

Also if you have some additional ideas, please tell them.

Hi hessuu,

Thanks for offering your help.

That's already implemented, you can now send gifts to every lord. In 1.10 this will be possible via the chancellor who will replace the spouse here.

2. You can't send money. Instead you have to buy some nice looking and expensive weapon, armor, horse or trade good and give that.
- I think it would be more interesting and realistic if you couldn't give money directly. Also if the equipment you give is better than the recipient currently has, he/she would actually use it in battles.

That sounds good :smile:

3. Your item is given to a servant party, who will travel to the recipient and hand it over.
- Should it be possible to personally hand them over? For some reason using a servant to deliver the gift sounds better to me.

That's already implemented in my working version. Servants are working fine.

4. You can choose if the gift is a personal or national gift. Personal gift only increases your standing with the person it is given to, but national gift to a foreign king increases your faction's relation with that kingdom and may even lead to a peace treaty.
- Is this realistic?

Let's make it easy here. Gifts to kings should also have a effect to faction relation. That's something what can easly be changed.

So overall most of the things are already there and will appear in 1.10. However Nr. 2 is a very nice option, but you should wait before you implement it until 1.10 will appear.

Also if you have some additional ideas, please tell them.

I do  :mrgreen:. I currently startet to implement chancellor options. Plan is that you have the possibility to send orders and letters to other lords. I am currently working on one single command "Come to me and follow me". But basically you could transform the normal dialog options into messages and of course many other things are imaginable. So maybe you like to help me here. But again you have to wait until 1.10 appears which might be pretty soon :wink:

If possible I would say to limit gift to people you have already met.
Once introduced they remember your name & your face, so they can rely gift to you. Otherwise they can't figure out and you should not have any gain (just a waste).

I'm afraid it would not be fair since those equipment may require skill/attribute, and I don't see how the game could manage npc stats/inventory. Beside, some may think it's a kind of cheat or extend-companion, since your buffed Lords never die.

Personnaly I would restrict gift to few luxurious and expendable items (such Spice, Salt, Silk).
- Luxurious, because you socialize with Lords & King
- Expendable, so let's suppose they consumed them, and have no place on battlefield :smile:
- Spice, salt, silk, because they could satisfy Lords and Ladies. (they were quite expensive too).

- Is this realistic?
If you are at war with a kingdom, and if I were that King, I would not tell to my people "our beloved enemy offer you a gift", I would just claim it is because of my only goodness.  :twisted:
Generally speaking, I would not allow to offer gift to your enemies : That's weird to stab somebody with your right-hand, while your left-hand give flowers.
Otherwise enemy should never accept gift, because it could be related to treason felony.

Back
Top Bottom