Gibby's Video Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

So, TaleWorlds have finally said people are allowed to post Bannerlord Beta footage. As all good men should, I'd like to take this opportunity to make a tribute video in honour of OGL's continued campaign against javelins.

HELLO BLADERS

i come to you in an hour of need.

the game last oasis is a survival game with mobile bases and Warband combat, meaning that players from Warband can absolutely destroy the majority of players on it. Senate and AE have been playing on the same server, peacefully co-existing and obliterating rival groups in devastating raids.

however...

a massive Spanish zerg (a large group of unskilled players) has appeared, setting down a base that allows them to claim the server and get taxes from all harvesting by players there. obviously this was unacceptable.

during a regular raid on some random guys, those guys called in the Spanish zerg to assist them against the warriors of AE that were raiding them. the Spanish came with a massive walker and even greater numbers. the beacons were lit, AE summoned their allies and we all came on for the battle.

brave heroes and warriors came together to smash the Spanish hordes. they were defeated, we burnt the hull of their Walker and accessed their loot.

we thought it was over...

in that moment, a series of enormous Walkers bearing an unfamiliar pink banner appeared - they were a reinforcing French zerg from a neighbouring server. unable to defeat our small coalition alone, the Spanish had summoned dozens of French warriors to their side.

the new arrivals arrogantly jumped from their ships, but were all cut down in mere minutes by the powerful Bladers on the ground. the battle proceeded with fighters from Warband winning 1v2, 1v3, 1v4 and slaying tens of enemies each.

alas...

as the battle proceeded and began to drag out, the respawns of all the French and Spanish players were exhausted, but they continued to spawn nearby and loot gear to fight again. in our hubris at the ease of our victory, our Warband coalition did not loot weapons from the ground to prevent them from rearming and set about smashing their ships instead.

over time, as our respawns began to deplete, we realised the battle was no longer sustainable. they had the weapons and armour from the floor, with dedicated loot-cucks going around grabbing gear and taking it back to their ship so that we could no longer re-arm ourselves.

our hubris had cost us the battle...

we won so decisively against the first and second waves that we did not feel threatened and had split up to smash chests and chase down enemies, rather than loot weapons and store them so that the enemies could not use them. this guaranteed that, over time, their numbers would wear us out...

THIS POST IS A CALL TO ARMS. CONTACT ME ON STEAM, COME TO OUR SERVER WITH YOUR GROUP OF FRIENDS - ESTABLISH YOUR OWN GROUP AND BECOME A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH. THEN, WHEN THE HOUR IS RIGHT, WE SHALL BAND TOGETHER AND CRUSH THE FOOLS WHO LAY CLAIM TO THE SERVER.

i recorded some random parts of the battle, but it is by no means a complete account of what happened (it skips the entire decisive first battle and skips the moment the French zerg arrived and was defeated). this kind of massive combat is somewhat laggy, like PW was during massive fights, so there is a second video showing what a duel in calm conditions (this is also what you can expect in small group combat) looks like:

The game is sick but it has some huge flaws as well I don’t think I can recommend it in its current state, you have to join a huge clan or become a little cuck for a big clan to even stand a chance in the long run. It was some fun at start and if they find a way to limit clans to like 15 players at most I believe it has potential

The game is sick but it has some huge flaws as well I don’t think I can recommend it in its current state, you have to join a huge clan or become a little cuck for a big clan to even stand a chance in the long run. It was some fun at start and if they find a way to limit clans to like 15 players at most I believe it has potential

Doesn't necessarily make for a good game experience if you're on the losing side, but isn't that the way an anarchistic world of might makes right should work? People form societies, and societies that are larger with shared goals between members are able to call upon more people to fight for them, thus usually ending up as the winners. Once a society grows large and powerful enough, it can enforce its own rules upon others.

Loners and smaller groups that oppose those rules usually get swept aside.

EDIT: I don't play this game.

Back
Top Bottom