Gibby's Video Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Apparently someone unsubscribed after watching this video:

7f13b022553ebcb1c7a10450ce8baf05.png

PLEASE TELL ME WHO YOU ARE AND HOW I CAN EARN YOUR SUBSCRIPTION BACK

arni singlehandedly destroys french lineup (with ease)

Some context:

So I made an NW groupfighting team with a few fine people, including the famous normanguy and Arni, and recruited some of the best NW players to my team. NATURALLY, Arni immediately got into some beef with some of the best French NW players - who some years ago dominated the scene pretty decisively - and called them out for being bad at the game! They didn't much like this, so it wasn't long until our two mighty teams clashed! My team, The Mage's Guild, had their first groupfight against a team of some of the most experienced and accomplished NW players out there. Unfortunately, this wasn't enough to help them win and they suffered a 15 - 9 loss. Sad.

0D66EFCBA307A3C03C0EAE6CBF6214AD39EB3EC3

PS. FSE forum is vastly superior to this one, the drama there is constant and highly entertaining.

Orion said:
Gibby Jr said:
PS. FSE forum is vastly superior to this one, the drama there is constant and highly entertaining.
MI38Mw4.gif

The fact I get 5 - 10 posts per day on there is telling of how much more active it is. They have a much more lightly moderated area called the mess hall where you can have drama and dumb posts without it cluttering the rest of their forum. It's something that has been suggested for this forum many times but none of the mods seem keen on it, despite the fact that the FSE version has created an incredibly active community. This forum is dead in comparison.

And people wonder why I have a finger in every pie for years. Native has the most professional/organized competitive scene, and this by a large margin, I just wish it had the same player base as NW.

HKP said:
ngl this groupfighting thing looks rather boring to play
i remember the 1v1 lbs being fun though

I really enjoy groupfighting, maybe it's just bad for watching (it is)  :grin:

Tardet said:
And people wonder why I have a finger in every pie for years. Native has the most professional/organized competitive scene, and this by a large margin, I just wish it had the same player base as NW.

I know you are talking about the scene in general, but honestly the stifling moderation on this forum hasn't helped keep people interested and engaged in the community here. Keeping a clean and professional front on this part of the forum is fine, but an area where people can have their drama and trashtalk (within reason) seems like an obvious + after my experience with the FSE version.

Yeah I agree. I also brought the idea of the Mess Hall when list were discussed a few months ago, without much more success than you did :')

Tardet said:
Actually always thought that MM is like an easy way to get NW gf more populated and attract new players. I've seen some pretty competetive tournaments in NW back in the days, maybe it's not that competetive anymore but the 1v1 lbs playerbase was full of tryhard regiments iirc

It's like super addictive when you get to it. Regimental groupfighting are also fun too as they are often done on a much larger scale (From 15vs15 to 25v25) so it's easier to get familiar with the whole process and less 'technical' than a 5v5/6v6. From 2011 to 2014, 1vs1 LBs were the only proper way to settle a rivalry between two regiments. Groupfighting between regiments came later on in the picture with regimental groupfighting leagues and tournaments but groupfighting as a small format with teams has always been a thing, since Mount and Musket even.

Apollo~ said:
Is there an NA NW scene though?

There is. It's not super active, but it's certainly more active than the NA Native one. They just finished the NANWL (a 1v1 LB competition) with around 12-14 regiments in there, and they have a RGL (Regimental Groupfighting League) and a 5v5 Draft League coming up soon. Not to mention there is an active casual community in NA NW just doing large scale events during the week.

From a spectator point of view though, I already find it hard for someone not familiar with the game to appreciate watching a native match, but a 1vs1 NW linebattle from a spectator point of view is just the pinnacle of boredom.

EU_1 was the real deal. There was massive melee and shooting everywhere on the map and for all you knew, the following round one guy could literally take over a team and turn into a **** fanfare walking across the spawns.

I very much enjoyed MM but in comparaison to NW, it was a rather small period of time which most of the current NW players consider a distant memory or a vestige of the past.

Back
Top Bottom