Gibby's 1H Duelling Analysis List [UPDATED]

Users who are viewing this thread

Viktor said:
I'd consider putting Grey Warden in Spam Skill department then. You've also got the likes of Sponge who could easily make into atleast one of those categories.

trot888 said:
Sponge on Chambers, Grey Warden can be patient but not a lot else.

Edited to accommodate this, as I said, I can't make it 100% accurate, and I can't remember exactly what every player can do.

Are Cleric and Deacon really good in duels? With good i mean top level.
Its just a question because i simply dont know at all,  there is a lot of difference between Battle and Duel.. and i think your lists and ratings of players are highly biased, no offense mate.
Would they win against people who are not on the list like rempica for example ?

Firunien said:
Are Cleric and Deacon really good in duels? With good i mean top level.
Its just a question because i simply dont know at all,  there is a lot of difference between Battle and Duel.. and i think your lists and ratings of players are highly biased, no offense mate.
Would they win against people who are not on the list like rempica for example ?

Cleric and Deacon are good in duels yes, this is 1h without a shield.
Rempica and Scar will be added later today, you can think that they are biased but the results between players would point towards how I've rated players overall. Arni beating Peter, Gibby beating Arni, Arni beating Tobi etc.
I've also seen all of these so I can judge effectively how each player plays. I agree the 'Gibby Points' was ridiculously biased, and tbh turned into a joke, but this is something I do actually know a lot about, as I've played frequently with all of these players in duel and I've actually won something in 1h. A number of players have already advised me on certain changes, and in most cases I've agreed and changed the list, so if there's any specific examples where you think I've laid on too much bias just say and I will look at it again. Of course there will be some bias in there that it would be nice to get rid of.

Good to hear you involve other people, a list with literally no bias isnt possible anyway :smile:
I hope this Analysis will help me to get one or two rounds off BD in EDC2 :grin:

I don't mind lists with alot of people (I consider 15 alot for lists, don't hate!), but do you think you could do a more in-depth explanation of the top 5 of each category? I think that'd also be interesting. What seperates the best 5 in each category, in your opinion?

Le Roux said:
I don't mind lists with alot of people (I consider 15 alot for lists, don't hate!), but do you think you could do a more in-depth explanation of the top 5 of each category? I think that'd also be interesting. What seperates the best 5 in each category, in your opinion?

Spam Skill
1. Arni Everyone knows his spam, it's the best around, to put it simply. He can force anyone to play defensive by simply outpacing them.
2. Scar Another well known spam player, he was the best at it for a long time, yet I feel Arni has eclipsed him in this, however he is still the second best.
3. Bruce Some people may question him being third, yet having done a number of practice ft7s with him, and seeing him actually beat Rempica in a practice ft7, I feel that he deserves third for his spam play, as he is able to use movement to make you completely miss him.
4. Brian He uses an aggressive inverse style which utilises quick-paced combat and frequent spamming.
5. Rempica Often compared to Arni, Rempica's spam is a tier above what most of the top duellists are capable of, yet it still falls short of those above him.

Patience
1. Bloody Death Arguably the most patient player to touch this game, BD is able to effectively manage his pace in a way that he can go from spamming you down to laying back, letting you exhaust your techniques before he starts beating you down again.
2. Gibby Patient enough to duel an hour and thirty minutes with Arni in a single tournament ft7, Gibby uses patience combined with a fast return swing to augment the pace of the duel to that of his choosing.
3. Arni Surprisingly patient for how fast-paced his style is, Arni is able to moderate his speed in a way that gives him the perfect opportunities to use his spam and other techniques.
4.. Peter His wealth of experience and game knowledge give Peter the ability to passively wait for his chance to attack.
5. Lyestra Coming from the world of 2h duelling, Lyestra is known to be incredibly patient here, and he is exactly the same in his 1h play. He is able to wait out his opponent while their momentum burns out.

Return Swing Speed
1. Gibby Thanks not only to a fast reaction speed, yet also to the mechanic of inverse which makes doing a left swing and blocking right take 0 mouse movement, Gibby has the fastest retaliation which combined with his patience yields a deadly combination.
2. Arni While he doesn't use inverse, the sheer speed at which Arni can spam allows him to rapidly trade with any opponent.
3. Bloody Death BD is able to equally exchange with any other duellist, to the extent that he is able to overcome them, or at least keep up with them.
4. Fietta Utilising inverse to decrease mouse movement, Fietta is able to prevent almost any spam with this technique.
5. Tobi Also using inverse, Tobi knows exactly how to moderate his swing speed, and can raise it to a level that few can compete with.

Feinting
1. Tobi I don't believe any real explanation is necessary here, everyone knows what Tobi can do in terms of his feints. He is able to force anyone into desperately attempting to block his next-level feints. EG.
2. Bloody Death A butterfly that stings.  :twisted: BD have smooth feints that transfix yet take full concentration to block. EG.
3. Peter Well known for his hold-feints, Peter's unique style of feinting makes him difficult to block.
4. FiSk Using fast upward looking feints, FiSk outmatches almost all others in his ability.
5. Wotan While perhaps very unknown, his feints caused even Arni to ask Tobi on Steam if he was playing, because he is able to so accurately mimic the feints of the top players, and to use his own which he strings together in a sequence of almost unparalleled complexity.

Chambers
1. Bloody Death Hold, feint, your fastest swing, BD will chamber it all, and often combine it with a hold to deadly effect.
2. Tobi Another player utilising absurdly complex chambers to dazzle and defeat his opponents.
3. Sponge Some of the things he chambers can seriously leave you questioning the amount of practice is must have taken to learn how to do that, yet he falls just short of Tobi and BD.
4. Fietta Priding himself on his fast left swing chamber which is near-unblockable simply due to the mechanics of the game, Fietta can be a deadly threat to those that don't account for this when duelling him.
5. Peter Barely below the top 4, Peter is also able to utilise chambers in a magnificent fashion, yet not quite to the standard of those above him here.

Outrange
1. Cleric Those who have fought him know the terror of swinging short of his feet, and being slapped in the face by his outrageous right-swing or overhead.
2. Arni While not using overheads, he can use distance-play to fool any opponent into mistakenly swinging.
3. Deacon Perhaps it runs in the family, but Deacon is also able to use a deadly outrage, again often with an overhead, that is able to trick almost all opponents.
4. Bloody Death Perhaps unsurprisingly, BD is able to moderate his footwork in a way that eclipses almost all others, and as such he is able to take unsuspecting opponents by surprise here.
5. Peter Along with his myriad of other talents, Peter can outmanoeuvre most enemies he faces.

Back
Top Bottom