giants

Users who are viewing this thread

hi guys, i recently added some giants to my mod using the awesome tutorial by cdvader:
ScreenshotStudiocapture16.jpg

and i have a few questions regarding the module system.

for some reason, my compiler throws an error when i give a troop an attribute of higher than 30 (and i want my giants to have higher than 30 strength) does anyone know how to fix this/work around

the amount of damage required to disrupt someones attack is preset, but i was wondering if it is possible to change it for one troop type? (eg my giants) , i ask this because the giants are so big, they git hit a lot, and their attacks are always disrupted, i want to make them only stop attacking when dealt a large amount of damage.

thanks guys,
Wookie

I can help you with both.  Ok first either download my mod RotB or Chel's expanded gameplay 3.  The header_troops file there has strength and agility defined up to 220.  So switch that header troops file with your mods.  Now you can set strength and agility as high as 220.  Troops move a little psycho at 220 agility.  And at 220 strength troops don't even need powerstrike anymore.  The fix to giants getting knocked over is to raise the interrupt threshold between 7 and 10 and to give them armor of about 60-70.  With that armor they will still take damage but the odds of that damage being greater than 10 is low.  Also that way they last a long time in combat like a giant should.

yea but your mod dosnt actually come with the header_troops module system file you used to create it, just the generated text files. so you would need to give me that file, or tell me how to change the max limit. cheers about attack disruption, ill do that now.

i found the bit in header_troops

str_29          = bignum | 0x0000001d
str_30          = bignum | 0x0000001e

so i assume the next ones are

str_31          = bignum | 0x0000001f
str_32          = bignum | 0x00000101

or is it

str_31          = bignum | 0x0000001f
str_32          = bignum | 0x00000003
??

Expanded Gameplay 3 is a pretty good mod.  Silly me though I guess I can just put the file on megaupload.  It will take a few minutes.

Berserker Pride said:
Expanded Gameplay 3 is a pretty good mod.  Silly me though I guess I can just put the file on megaupload.  It will take a few minutes.
Well I don't have a good connection unfortunately :sad: That's an interesting fix there. Could you please put it on megaupload? That would save me from using up 1/3 of my monthly internet usage. :lol:

Nice giants.

About the max size of 16 races... HokieBT was experiementing with adding more, otherwise, they're hardcoded.. Skeletons never have been hardcoded, we just have lacked the proper tools for editing this kind of stuff (bones, animations).

There really isn't a reason, it's just most likely that TaleWorlds team only had to add 2 races and I guess they didn't bother to up the limit more than 16, as they never saw it necessary.. That's my theory.

thank you, ive done some more since then. i have hill giant thugs, hill giant warriors and mountain giants. thanks to cdvader and beserk, without them it wouldnt have been possible lol i need to make some way to recruit them now.

Back
Top Bottom