SP Fantasy Giants versus Dwarves - v0.2 released

Users who are viewing this thread

GIANTS VS DWARVES BETA
please read this before you download! This is a beta version, there are many bugs and glitches, which you can report here on the thread, however please don't repeatedly post the same bugs!
I will attempt to fix the bugs as you post them.

This mod uses custom skeletons requiring the use of a custom data folder, THIS MOD MUST BE RUN USING THE IRONLAUNCHER INSIDE THE MOD FOLDER.

Repository Download

Enjoy.

TO FIX DATA FOLDER ISSUE:

1. Go to your MnB install directory. It will probably be something like c://program files//Mount&blade//
2. In here you will find Mount&Blade.exe, music, textures etc, also there will be a directory labelled 'data.'
3. Change data to something like orig_data.
4. In your GiantsVsDwarves directory there will also be a data directory. Check out your native module, there will not be a data directory in there so this is new.
5. Copy this data directory into the place you found the original data, the one you renamed to orig_data or somesuch.
6. Play GvD now, the skeletons should work
7. When you're done, re-name the new data to gvd_data and change the orig_data back to data.

Hi guys, i am working on a new mod (my first mod), its called Giants vs Dwarves, i have utilised the recently discovered ability to create custom skeleton sizes to create these troop trees:
                      GOOD
                      Dwarves:
                              Dwarf
Dwarven Warrior                Dwarven Axe Thrower
Dwarven Veteran Warrior    Dwarven Veteran Axe Thrower

Humans
                  I can't remember (you will see)

Elves
                              Elf
                        Elven Archer
                    High Elf Spearman
                  High Elf Blademaster

EVIL
                      Giants
                            Ogre
Hill Giant Thug              Mountain Giant Grunt
Hill Giant Warrior          Mountain Giant Warrior

Horde
                  Troll Runt
      Troll Warrior  Minotaur Calf
      Troll Slayer    Minotaur Bull

Wizards (not individual faction)

Summoner
                  Conjuror              Necromancer
          Greater Conjuror          Palemaster

Giants are very strong and have high hit points, but are slow and easy to hit.
Dwarves are fast and hard to hit.
Elves are excellent archers, but a bit lacking in melee.
Trolls and Minotaurs are fearsome in close combat, and are larger than humans.               

features:

Many New races
New music ( thanks to Sabaton and Oblivion :smile: ).
Better blood, and a lot more of it  :grin: .
Duel anyone you talk to (including your own troops).
Play as a human, elf or dwarf.
Lost artifacts to collect for each race.
Dark Elf/Dwarf mercenaries.
'More Metal Sounds'
Curtain of Fire magic system.
New map.
Kingdom Management system - Companions can create warbands.
Custom battle kit - create your own quick battles.
Build an outpost wherever you like.
gutefiutek's polished landscapes.
Lord and Realms siege pack.
Many more...

v0.1

v0.2
v0.3
anyway im posting here because my mod is very malleable at the moment and all suggestions are welcome.VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRFfYkL7bJU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSQa7yTo_Ic&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3ZM-rO8X9w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ilRse-BoA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZQ4nJEyClo

Thanks for looking guys,WookieWarlord.

CREDITS:
WookieWarlord - creator
Highelf - letting me use his fantasy mod resources
Mirathei - Magic system
Mayhem - A new map
hessuu - Recruiter kit
Lumos - Outpost kit
NICK.ALTMAN+team - Lord and Realms siege pack
-IYI-O-R-T - Assorted models and textures
mtarini - made editing skeleton size possible
cdvader - made a tutorial on skeleton modification
Beserker Pride - helped me with skeletons, scripts, diplomacy
Swyter - IronLauncher
Taleworlds - creating mount and blade
Everyone who plays this mod - thank you!

WookieWarlord said:
thanks, im new to modding mount and blade, but ill give it my best shot  :mrgreen:

Hey atleast you got the whole skeleton sizing down pat. I havent given it a go yet tho. But yeah if you need help with anything just ask

Adorno said:
I suppose it had to come  :razz:

Sounds like fun. But I don't see why you can't have a few more factions - like, ogres, giants, dwarfs, trolls etc.

couldn't agree more...add more diversity

Looking good so far XD never seen something that big in mab......how will you make castle sieging lol? XD

Will be cool if you have time and patience to do it. I can help if i can. I mean, i cant script ANYTHING but i can do something easy, like planing villages or something.

Sounds interesting, with little effort you could use the resources of Highelf's old Fantasy mod to add orcs; dwarves could look broader by using bulky armor and big weapons.
I see potential for a fun high-fantasy mod on this one.

Would it be possible to be a giant? it can be fun just jumping over the walls of castles in sieges XD

Roy The Footman said:
Hey atleast you got the whole skeleton sizing down pat. I havent given it a go yet tho. But yeah if you need help with anything just ask
well if you wanted you could make a new version of the skin texture with like ugly warts and stuff, so i can use it for things like ogres.

Adorno said:
Sounds like fun. But I don't see why you can't have a few more factions - like, ogres, giants, dwarfs, trolls etc.
well i could, but i had the idea of an massive epic war between the two main factions (giants and Dwarves) and then have large bands of other monsters running around eg trolls, bugbears or whatever i come up with!
Riro said:
Looking good so far XD never seen something that big in mab......how will you make castle sieging lol? XD
suprisingly it still works normally! its a bit of a squeeze up the ramp, but once they are up, they destroy everything pretty quick!
Filippus said:
Will be cool if you have time and patience to do it. I can help if i can. I mean, i cant script ANYTHING but i can do something easy, like planing villages or something.
hmm well anything you could do would be helpful, i dont know what though. maybe you can work out some troop trees?
Lord Yung said:
Seems like a fun idea, with a little work could be great mod!
I hope so.
D'Sparil said:
Sounds interesting, with little effort you could use the resources of Highelf's old Fantasy mod to add orcs; dwarves could look broader by using bulky armor and big weapons.
I see potential for a fun high-fantasy mod on this one.
am i allowed to use his stuff?
Riro said:
Would it be possible to be a giant? it can be fun just jumping over the walls of castles in sieges XD
i could easily implement playing as a giant/dwarf or whatever, but the downside is you would have to play first person mode, else the camera looks from your legs  :lol:
Queen Pinky said:
That's a thought. Do giants jump higher than normal humans?
havnt tried it, but i dont think ill make em jump over castle walls  :grin:
Riro said:
Also....will there be a giant horses?
err well i havnt given this thought, but probably not. because there can only be one horse size, so it would be giant or midget :grin: but ill probably just not use horses (that or make them into giant BEARS lol jk)
GrandTheftGearsofHalo4 said:
THIS MOD HAS BROWNIE POINTS! D:<<<
yay!
Serann said:
This looks pretty awesome actually.

But I can definitely see a lack of beards.
yea ill work on that

Back
Top Bottom