Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Rather spend rest of my life waiting for bannerlord

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Godlike

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

I can't recall some of the earlier games, but Vegas and Vegas 2 certainly included numerous illegal acts on the part of the protagonist team.

In fairness I think Wildlands is fun in a GTA sort of "mess around with friends or be a bit more focused and use some basic teamwork" way (if you're expecting realism or anything approaching realistic tactics, then you will be disappointed).

Ghost Recon games haven't really been Ghost Recon since the early 2000s, so I'm not really bothered by the use of the name.

Well yeah, reading old Tom Clancy books is experiencing a world where America and especially the military are the answer to every problem that exists, while any danger to society comes from civilians or scientists who don't understand the real world.

Yeah, and it only makes it more pathetic how hurting civilians is frowned upon in the game (team mates scold you),
to sort of justify these rampaging American killer squads.
Has anyone tried killing many civilians? I seem to remember a warning that you'd get kicked out of the game  :smile:

Úlfheðinn said:
Well yeah, reading old Tom Clancy books is experiencing a world where America and especially the military are the answer to every problem that exists, while any danger to society comes from civilians or scientists who don't understand the real world.
Clancy was a paranoid right wing ****.
I bet he would have voted for Trump were he still alive.

I mostly found him interesting in that he went surprisingly deep in regards to explaining tech.

Beyond that, reading his books is fine, it's just like reading any clearly ideological writer, you have to be aware of the viewpoint that they are pushing (in Clany's case it's very pro-America, pro-military, pro-fighting wars/"getting **** done").

Adorno said:
Yeah, and it only makes it more pathetic how hurting civilians is frowned upon in the game (team mates scold you),
Has anyone tried killing many civilians? I seem to remember a warning that you'd get kicked out of the game  :smile:

Ghost Recon/Rainbow Six is basically "how special forces and killing bad guys saves the day" the movie/game/book, so yeah, there's always going to be this element of "no casualties occurred unless it was the bad guys".

Also yeah, killing enough civilians will fail the mission.

Adorno said:

I liked how the ghosts will occasionally have little conversations saying how few opportunities the young guys have who join the cartel, how another cartel will just replace this one, try to insert some ambiguety into the game etc....then right back to slaughtering!  :lol:

Ech, gave this a try at home, my brother had it on the Ecks Bocks

It basically felt like Just Cause with less character. And while it wasn't boring, it certainly was getting that way by the end of the first area, and then when I looked at how many other **** people there were to stop, I just about cried at it.

EDIT: Sorry, there was a reason I came to post here and I forgot about while writing the post.

Basically anyone know a game similar to this but better? Keeping the stealth intact that is...

Back
Top Bottom