Ghost Quest

Users who are viewing this thread

Today I was surprised to see there was no info at all in the wikia about one of the newests quests, the Ghost Quest.

As I only "played" it once and it was months ago, I can't recall much of it. I ask the community to help me out gather info to make the quest's page. IIRC you had to be monarch and have at least 2 (3?) vassals? Those vassals will be suspicious of murdering a lady (the wife of one of those vassals IIRC), who came to you asking to find the guilty one, as well as a steward of one of your fiefs?

Idk tbh, so thats why im asking for help. I would need to know:
  • what does the player need to have achieved for this quest to be started
  • what does he have to do to achieve it/fail it
  • what rewards (penalty if failed) does it give
Thanks in advance!

Over 1 day, and not a single reply  :shock:... I'm not asking for 1 guy to give all the exact info, but each to provide whatever they can recall.

I know that is a rare-to-see quest, but... so rare? No-one experienced it in 3.8.x?

It's not something I can cheat my way through as I know almost nothing about it. I became a monarch and got several vassals but nothing.

Fine, I will tell you what I know :sad:
As far as I know in PoP 3.4 the mission has already existed.
The mission happens only when the pendor has been united by a kingdom for half of it. A random lord's wife will get killed, and her ghost find player for justice, there are four guys who have the possibility to murder the lady:
Writer, lord, the lord's enemy, the lord's first lover.
You have to talk with each of them, find out who exactly killed the lady by their words, of course the murderer is not random, the murderer is the writer, he killed the lady by poison.
After you find the murderer and talk to the lady, you will get 5000 exp and a chest, tbh that is nothing when you can take the mission :sad:

Latis the Darkgryphon said:
The mission happens only when the pendor has been united by a kingdom for half of it. A random lord's wife will get killed, and her ghost find player for justice, there are four guys who have the possibility to murder the lady:
You have to talk with each of them, find out who exactly killed the lady by their words, of course the murderer is not random, the murderer is the writer, he killed the lady by poison.
After you find the murderer and talk to the lady, you will get 5000 exe and a chest, tbh that is nothing when you can take the mission :sad:

Holy moly, thats way more than what I expected from a first reply after having not a single one for over a day. Many thanks!
With "you will get 5000 exe and a chest", the chest is a various loot?
Do you know where that lady spawns so that you can start the quest? In your capital?
If you have a saved file mid-ghost quest, it'll be cool if you could tell me the outcome if you miss and take the wrong guy.

I'm surprised that the murderer is not random. Its a big spoiler then, im now unsure if i should reveal the players to think a bit bout it. Or ill write it in the comment section, idk, but im surprised its not random.

Ralyks said:
After you find the murderer and talk to the lady, you will get 5000 exe and a chest, tbh that is nothing when you can take the mission :sad:

Holy moly, thats way more than what I expected from a first reply after having not a single one for over a day. Many thanks!
Do you know where that lady spawns so that you can start the quest? In your capital?
If you have a saved file mid-ghost quest, it'll be cool if you could tell me the outcome if you miss and take the wrong guy.

I'm surprised that the murderer is not random. Its a big spoiler then, im now unsure if i should reveal the players to think a bit bout it. Or ill write it in the comment section, idk, but im surprised its not random.
Yeah a various loot, the writer exposed himself by saying the lady was poisoned which ghost lady only told player and player didn't tell anyone else.
The ghost lady showed up in her husband 's castle.
I never pick the wrong guy, and I don't know what will happen if I do that.

Ralyks said:

Yeah a various loot, the writer exposed himself by saying the lady was poisoned which ghost lady only told player and player didn't told anyone else.
I can't add much as I completed the quest only twice, once in 3.611 and once in 3.7063 and my memory is already hazy, sorry. But @Latis summed it up perfectly, and the murderer is always the senechal/castle scribe ("writer") indeed. Maybe I'm not remembering it well, but I seem to recall that the Ghost Lady quest had a page on the wiki :???: That's why I was like :shock: when I first saw your request. Could somebody remove it?

P.S.: In worst case scenario, maybe the developers or someone who has modding experience can take a look at the game files for you, and explain the conditions to get the quest and all possible outcomes. Sadly I don't have time to play atm...

If the pc is an oaf and doesn't find the true murderer (scribe), the quest fails. He doesn't get a second guessing. He talks to the ghost lady one last time, apologizes and that's it. The lady disappears devastated, quite possibly forever trapped in undeath. A sad outcome.

I do not remember whether a false accusation against a lord results in relations loss though.

Gorvex said:
Ralyks said:

Yeah a various loot, the writer exposed himself by saying the lady was poisoned which ghost lady only told player and player didn't told anyone else.
I can't add much as I completed the quest only twice, once in 3.611 and once in 3.7063 and my memory is already hazy, sorry. But @Latis summed it up perfectly, and the murderer is always the senechal/castle scribe ("writer") indeed. Maybe I'm not remembering it well, but I seem to recall that the Ghost Lady quest had a page on the wiki :???: That's why I was like :shock: when I first saw your request. Could somebody remove it?

P.S.: In worst case scenario, maybe the developers or someone who has modding experience can take a look at the game files for you, and explain the conditions to get the quest and all possible outcomes. Sadly I don't have time to play atm...

Same version I saw this quest in (3.7063), and its over a year since I did it. Checked but none of my save files was mid-quest of this one, they were all subsequent to this quest.

And yup, I recall reading somewhere about this ghost lady's quest, but searching in the wikia and in the delete history (wow, it was way more extensive than that i thought of, found nothing).

I'll make it mostly using the info from Latis. If you find anything else to add, please be sure to post it here or PM it to me! Thanks boyzz!

Wow I just find you changed your ID too :shock:

Haha, I didn't know you could, but I saw that you changed your nickname (if it wasn't due your picture, I would've not guessed it was still you), I re-searched and found it!

Thanks! Even though you had no clue that you actually helped me ^^

Ralyks said:
Wow I just find you changed your ID too :shock:

Haha, I didn't know you could, but I saw that you changed your nickname (if it wasn't due your picture, I would've not guessed it was still you), I re-searched and found it!

Thanks! Even though you had no clue that you actually helped me ^^
Wow that's really interesting, I found this function myself too and used it immediately:fruit:  tbh my former nickname is a bit ridiculous with that "-".

A lot of people say you need to be the King of Pendor for this to come up, but it came up for me around day 130 as an Empire Vassal. Although the hostile Lord was from the Fierdsvain we were at war with at the time.

Whitestrake said:
A lot of people say you need to be the King of Pendor for this to come up, but it came up for me around day 130 as an Empire Vassal. Although the hostile Lord was from the Fierdsvain we were at war with at the time.
Empire fight with Fie? :shock:
How many cities empire had in your game?

Whitestrake said:
We had taken most of the D'Shar lands east of Torbah by that point, and Fiersdvain declared war to curb power so we took several of their castles. I think the rival lord was either Jarl Eydis or Gunder; We had taken that Lords castle and he hated Lord Dion for getting it. Since I was Marshal, I always sent lords I hated to raid villages far away to lure enemy lords away from castles or cities I wanted. Way I saw it, I won whether they succeeded or not.

Whitestrake said:
Whitestrake said:
We had taken most of the D'Shar lands east of Torbah by that point, and Fiersdvain declared war to curb power so we took several of their castles. I think the rival lord was either Jarl Eydis or Gunder; We had taken that Lords castle and he hated Lord Dion for getting it. Since I was Marshal, I always sent lords I hated to raid villages far away to lure enemy lords away from castles or cities I wanted. Way I saw it, I won whether they succeeded or not.
It is said only a kingdom has taken about half of the pendor will make that quest happen.

Back
Top Bottom