Get something out one mod and add it to another mod

Users who are viewing this thread

For example: if there is a rifle in a mod and I want to pass that rifle to another mod. how do i do it? I only know that it is more difficult than editing warband textures

I haven't modded for a while, but when I did this I wrote out instructions in case I needed to do it again. Here you go:
1. Open two copies of OpenBRF-- One for the mod (origination) you wish to import from, one for the mod (destination) you wish to import to.
2. Select all meshes required for complete item (including LODs) in origination mod, copy, then paste into destination mod Resource folder. ENSURE type tab is set to Warband type,not M&B. File, Save as new mesh name in destination. It is more efficient to bring in a bunch of meshes at once, then save into one large resource file, then work through the process for materials and textures on the same group.
3. Select mesh in origination mod, click on "material" then copy and paste into destination mod Resource folder. File, Save as new material name in destination file.
4. Go back to materials in orignation mod, click on a texture (e.g. diffuse), then "open it". Manually copy all associated textures (diffuse, specular, bump, etc.) associated with that material into destination Textures folder (and mod packaging folder).
5. Open new version of OpenBRF-- set current module to destination module. Click on Import tab, import new texture, browse... select new textures, open, okay.
6. At main window, textures should be listed separately. Select all, then add flag "AA000" to each texture in this list. Verify flag, then select all and save as Warband resource "my_textures.brf"
7. Open "Modules.ini" in destination module folder. Add three lines for load_mod_resource = my_textures.brf; materials; meshes. Save and quit.
8. Use Morgh's Item Editor to add items into game; be sure to manually change mesh in right panel, then click "update" to change left panel. It is helpful to open two copies of Morgh's, one for original module to get an idea of stats of original items, and another copy with destination module to add and balance stats with existing items in that game.
9. Use Save Game Editor to quickly add items to inventory, then check to see if they appear and function properly in game.

Back
Top Bottom