Get rid of the stupid cheering

Users who are viewing this thread

Cheering has three states and a timer, I'm not at the code atm but I think it was like this.

State 1: victory without loosing any troop= x% of your troops will cheer after a short time
State 2: you lost an x% of men= x% of troops will start to cheer after a period of time
State3: you nearly lost all men =....

so cheering and when it happens is depends on battle result.

Cheering has nothing to do that the order menue doesn't open anymore. As stated in another thread I was able to command troops till the end of a fight with some side effects, after delete one condition
I get that, but the combination of these two things is enough to piss off Jesus.

The cheering (before the order commands not working bug or feature?) prevents the player from giving orders. I could not give my companions orders as they would cheer on their horse instead of collecting loot and xp.

Chalk up another thing on the list of "why the heck isn't this in the options menu?"

I get that, but the combination of these two things is enough to piss off Jesus.

The cheering (before the order commands not working bug or feature?) prevents the player from giving orders. I could not give my companions orders as they would cheer on their horse instead of collecting loot and xp.
Look in the class "BattleEndLogic" and there in the Method OnMissionTick.
There is an if clause:

if (this._isEnemySideRetreating && !this._victoryReactionsActivatedForRetreating)
{
missionBehaviour.SetTimersOfVictoryReactionsForRetreating(base.Mission.PlayerTeam.Side);
this._victoryReactionsActivatedForRetreating = true;
return;
}

delete the whole block and they wont cheer if the enemy is retreating. But you cant give Orders when they start retreating. That is another issue. I will not create a mod for this 5sec work to disable cheering.At least not in the EA.:grin:

Last edited:
I have not tested 1.5.10 and cannot give an informed opinion.

If you check my previous comments, I say that I welcome cheering, however I also say that cheering should be triggered when the player has not selected the group/unit. If the player doesn't need the archers (no more orders are given) let the archers perform cheering autonomously. The moment the player decides what-how and when to engage the enemy, the whole of units (group/regiment) should always be available at all times and to cut the cheering when the player dictate them and get off their asses to obey any orders the player propose.
Looks good for me as well (y)
Discipline in an army should not be optional...

Commander complains he can't control his men after a battle, sounds pretty realistic to me :grin:

Also no need to be salty and wanting to call out devs, if its something people don't like it'll get changed, grow up.

Commander complains he can't control his men after a battle, sounds pretty realistic to me :grin:

Also no need to be salty and wanting to call out devs, if its something people don't like it'll get changed, grow up.
Insubordination?

I am going to guess you don't know much about military history. And I will call out this team for the crap they put out.

No need to be salty and calling out the OP, grow up. Maybe he knows that devs are not responsive to rolling back widely hated changes and is rightly upset at Taleworlds for making the game worse.

Why the hell updates make the game going backwards? Inability to order men when the enemy starts to retreat is the most ridiculous thing ever!
A chinese proverb says "Dont fix what's not broken" .

Yes, I am all for options but for those of us who do not like going through two clunky sub menus can we just make double-tapping "O" button auto-cheer?

Best of both worlds for everyone: Hold O if you're a sub-menu junkie and double tab if you're lazy and just want a quick cheer before logging back to the campaign map.

They threw out all the babies and mopped up the bath water and squeezed it back into the tub. The whole relations and traits part of the game feels very lacking and unfinished. Like it could be left overs from 2 different unfished mechanics. The fact you share a relation with entire clans, but each member has different personality traits makes it seem like we would need a lot more related mechanics to get something like the warband honor system. I mean I guess you could just FF kill clan members until one with the right trait became the leader :smile:

I feel like relations needs to be a combination of clan + personal interactions. Like 5% kingdom, 25% clan, 70% personal. Which would allow some variability within clans. Also it’d be nice if individual characters carried their relationship along as they move from clan to clan or kingdom to kingdom. Not so great that a player might build up relationship points with a potential spouse only for it to reset to zero once they join my clan.

Back
Top Bottom