Get rid of Clanstacking/Partying up in Ranked modes.

Should we remove the ability to party up for ranked game modes until two separate queues are made?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Ranked game modes are skewed when you have 4-6 organized players with over 1k hours each playing against 6 randomly assembled players with anything from 10 hours of playtime to over 1k. I haven't played a single game of ranked since this mode was released, and I won't until it actually becomes a fair ranking system. This is despite the fact I usually spend just about every day playing Captain Mode.

Stacking is extremely strong and makes ranks arbitrary. (Along with a number of other debilitating factors.)

I did placements solo and went 6-4 and placed Gold 3.

I helped a friend do placements in a 4-stack and he went 8-2 (maybe 9-1) and placed in the second highest tier. I think that’s general?

If I want to catch up to him with +6 per game, I need to win almost 50 games in a row. As solo queue, that could be weeks or outright impossible due to diminishing gains and increasing losses due to how MMR works.

Oh. As a matter of fact, I thought the last patch did actually mean the new ranked queue was by design clan-less. Guess I assumed very wrong.

I bought the game on Day1 and played a few Skirms early on. Ultimately I got pissed by having to face so many clan-stacks and decided I wouldn't touch Skirm again until it was on a fair standing. Whiiiich kinda sucks because TDM and Siege... Well. You can have fun in em, but it's a bad metric for balance.

This also brings back bad memories for me as a former League of Legends (shabby) proplayer, for that game lived through years of design indecisions where they couldn't decide if the ability to Duo-Queue should stop at a certain high rank; and the 2016 season infamously pretty much allowed people to queue as a full team (5) and be treated the same as solo players.

As for the playerbase splitting concerns... Eh. I feel like Clans can still set up matches manually if they desire so.

Last edited:
I bought the game on Day1 and played a few Skirms early on. Ultimately I got pissed by having to face so many clan-stacks and decided I wouldn't touch Skirm again until it was on a fair standing. Whiiiich kinda sucks because TDM and Siege... Well. You can have fun in em, but it's a bad metric for balance.
And this is what we told them would be the result unless they had skill based matchmaking from the start. Shooting themself in the foot, and claiming multiplayer isnt popular. No its not popular when you have people with litteral 10 years experience put up against people who only just realised theres directional attacks. Obviously people wont stick around.
The game is incredible if you can stick with it, but cant possibly blame people for leaving after constant losses. Which is exactly what'll happen with current ranked mode too. Initial boost of players, a few days later and theyre all gone. No lessons learned. Insert meme here

Pool shoudl be get rid of the ranking system and revert the update
I agree here.
Even if we assume that the opinion that the reason for the low loyalty of new players to the game
No its not popular when you have people with litteral 10 years experience put up against people who only just realised theres directional attacks. Obviously people wont stick around.
is true, and the ranking system is designed to correct this, it still (at least in its current form) brought more negative than positive into the game.
(There are several factors affecting the loyalty of new players to the MP, IMHO. Moreover, I have doubts that meetings with strong teams at the stage of acquaintance with the MP have a negative effect on the formation of loyalty, and not vice versa)/
And should only beginners enjoy the game to the fullest?

An alternative option to help new players adapt to the game would be to split it into 2 leagues with promotion after 100 wins (for example).

Last edited:
I agree here.
Even if we assume that the opinion that the reason for the low loyalty of new players to the game

is true, and the ranking system is designed to correct this, it still (at least in its current form) brought more negative than positive into the game.
(There are several factors affecting the loyalty of new players to the MP, IMHO. Moreover, I have doubts that meetings with strong teams at the stage of acquaintance with the MP have a negative effect on the formation of loyalty, and not vice versa)/
And should only beginners enjoy the game to the fullest?

An alternative option to help new players adapt to the game would be to split it into 2 leagues with promotion after 100 wins (for example).
Found 3 games, none of them ended up happening, so I left to play something else. Im far far far from a beginner and even I dont wanna play anymore.

So I want to play with my friends to win some games and have fun and I can't because of a ranked system no one asked about
If I play solo I will get random team mates that will make you lose the match, great fun.

Moreover, I have doubts that meetings with strong teams at the stage of acquaintance with the MP have a negative effect on the formation of loyalty, and not vice versa)
Is this the only multiplayer game you've ever played where there is an element of PvP? Nobody wants to buy a game, just to realize they are being consistently matched with people who have FAR more playtime than they do, never allowing them a moment to breathe and actually figure out how the game works.

The current ranking system is the MMO equivalent of taking a lvl 60 character to the starting zones of the opposing faction of players and curbstomping the lvl 15's and 20's they find there. It's incredibly unfair to any new players, and will 100% discourage them from continuing to play MP at all.

Is this the only multiplayer game you've ever played where there is an element of PvP? Nobody wants to buy a game, just to realize they are being consistently matched with people who have FAR more playtime than they do, never allowing them a moment to breathe and actually figure out how the game works.

The current ranking system is the MMO equivalent of taking a lvl 60 character to the starting zones of the opposing faction of players and curbstomping the lvl 15's and 20's they find there. It's incredibly unfair to any new players, and will 100% discourage them from continuing to play MP at all.
I understand you. But in this logical structure, I do not see a connection with another necessary element - an incentive / motive for users to increase their gaming skills. My doubt about the effectiveness of such unreasonable exaggeration of the game advantages of new players for the sake of "to breathe and actually figure out how the game works" is based on its contradiction with the goal of the game developers motivating players to improve their gaming skills. And this is the main prerequisite for the formation of relatively long-term loyalty to the game.
But, of course, this is just my IMHO, nothing more.

Last edited:
I understand you. But in this logical structure, I do not see a connection with another necessary element - an incentive / motive for users to increase their gaming skills. My doubts about the effectiveness of this exaggeration of the game advantages of experienced players for the sake of "to breathe and actually figure out how the game works" is based on its contradiction with the goal of the game developers motivating players to improve their gaming skills. And this is the main prerequisite for the formation of relatively long-term loyalty to the game.
But, of course, this is just my IMHO, nothing more.
The incentive to increase your skill is the incentive to increase your rank. Only with Solo queueing it's actually a fair system and not a skewed one. Other competitive MP games have the ability to group up with others and join the same ranking system as people joining a Solo queue and it works because there are more than enough people for those who are grouping up to more or less never play those who are playing solo at a far lower skill level than them. Counterstrike uses this, along with LoL. There is simply not enough players right now for either Captain or Skirmish for group queueing to mix properly with solo queueuing. In the future, this system would be ideal, but for the low playerbase of either of these modes it's inevitable you will have top rank group players against low rank solo queuers.

Back
Top Bottom