Get opacity working properly...

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

killkhergit

Squire
I can't get opacity to work correctly:

As you see in the screenshot, the opacity of the leaves/needles isn't working.

I tried:

- using 'flora_shader'
- using all the 'dot3' shaders
- making the texture 'really black' (RGB, 0,0,0)

Still doesn't work...

Anyone know how I can get it working?

The background color doesn't matter, you need to set the alpha channel to black and save it in the DDS format DXT5.

killkhergit said:
GetAssista said:
Copy all rendering flags exactly as they are in trees material
Edit: Native trees material, that is

Tryin' out at the moment, hope it works.

That didn't work...  :sad:

jik said:
The background color doesn't matter, you need to set the alpha channel to black and save it in the DDS format DXT5.

DXT5: check.
Alpha Channel --> Black: need to try out that bit.

the alpha channel will range from white (show the full image under it) to grey (semi-transparent) to black (fully see through/transparent)

jik said:
the alpha channel will range from white (show the full image under it) to grey (semi-transparent) to black (fully see through/transparent)

If only it was as simple as in 3dsMax, where you could simply apply an opacity map to a texture...    :sad:

Firing up MnB now.

Alright, that didn't work. Here's a link to the image gallery (one showing it doesn't work, 2 others displaying the DDS save options):

http://img139.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=adobe1.jpg

So, what options do I need enabled to get it working?

Easiest way: load other texture with alpha channel already in it, copy your texture in RGB channel, create b&w alpha and copy it to alpha channel, then save as DTX5

Disclaimer: I don't know what the heck you should click in 3dmax to create alpha channel anew anyway :grin:

killkhergit said:
jik said:

If only it was as simple as in 3dsMax, where you could simply apply an opacity map to a texture...    :sad:

Firing up MnB now.

Alright, that didn't work. Here's a link to the image gallery (one showing it doesn't work, 2 others displaying the DDS save options):

http://img139.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=adobe1.jpg

So, what options do I need enabled to get it working?

can you post the actual DDS file?
I'll take a look and fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom